The ineffectiveness of Ron Paul

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Jason Bourne, Mar 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

Make it far more Public to whom the Federal Reserve is dealing Business with... currently the American People are completely closed out to what deals occur.

Okay, I'm sure you know who exactly they're dealing Business with and who exactly is receiving money from the Fed.

Bravo on your use of an Appeal to Fear fallacy! If we don't have Banks doing underhanded practices and our Government not regulating every aspect of the Market the world will explode!

How does ending the Fed equal being Protectionist? There is a massive gap to your logic (Oh what you used an Appeal to Fear fallacy before so there was no logic...).

[Close Argument with more irrational fears with nothing substantive to back them up other than more possible fears and possibilities.]

2. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

The Fed is a private, no public institution. How it deals with Government is none ya..

Personally.. I could care less.

Where did you get that from one sentence? It's proven fact that the world cannot function on anything except a fiat currency. Anything else is more dangerous than the status quo.

Because if we end the Fed and no longer have a fiat currency it will require us to protect our economy in a very stringent fashion to keep the gold here in the States and not being drawn out into the world economy. Also, ending the Fed would require us to default on the 15 trillion in debt.

Go read some economists that don't come out of the mises institute. It is pretty much accepted outside of Austrian circles that the global economy cannot stand without fiat currencies and the Fed plays a crucial role in managing the world economy directly because we're the world reserve currency.

3. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Thank you for showing your ignorance on the matter. So without the Fed "injecting" trillions into other central banks in currency swaps the world would end.... Come on now... :sunnysideup:

4. Big George

Big George Banned

That's one of many reasons why Ron Paul will NOT be nominated.

I would add to that list: His nonsensical and hypocritical "stance" on abortion, his unworkable thoughts on legalizing drugs state by state, a foreign policy that is straight-up wacko, and a personality that is more like a drunk kooky uncle at a family reunion than a President.

The list goes on and on, but the bottom line is that Ron Paul needs to just drop out of the race and shut up. Unfortunately, he won't do either.

5. wist43

wist43 Banned

Ron Paul understands, and stands for constitionally limited government, Federalism, the principles of liberty, sound money, the importance of sovreignty, sound relations with foreign nations, and the rule of law.

The vast majority of Americans understand none of these things - as is clearly evidenced by the growth of government at every level, endless wars, the rise of the police state, the national debt, and our impending bankruptcy - all of which adds up to collapse, a predictable period of chaos, and ultimately tyranny. Only an ignorant population would accept the false arguments of the Establishment that is leading us down that path.

For those of us who understand these things - just as previous generations of Americans understood them, and were thus able to keep the FedGov constrained - it is difficult to live and function in a dysfunctional, decaying society that has gone the way of democracy.

Paul doesn't accomplish much in Congress b/c he is a defender of liberty and Americanism - things the American people rejected long ago; and certainly the corrupt, criminal elite that dominate both political parties have no intention of relinquishing their unconstrained power. Walk into a heroin den and tell the addicts "the party's over" - see how well that message is received.

In case you guys haven't noticed, both parties are literally stealing $trillions, and the average American is ignorantly cheering them on. Try to stop the party, and you're going to be in for some rough treatment. It isn't easy to stand against corruption - especially when those engaged in the corruption are all-powerful, control the media narrative, and have unlimited resources.

Paul wants to restore the Constitution and the limited government it demands. Given that the vast majority of politicians in both parties are committed to promoting themselves first and foremost; and given that the power lusting Establishment that dominates both parties is committed to destroying our sovreignty, our Constitution, our currency, etc., is it any wonder that someone with Paul's message of limited, responsible government - government that is itself restricted by the rule of law, i.e. the Constitution - is it any wonder that Paul is ineffectual in that environment??

Paul isn't the only advocate for freedom in Congress, there are about 40 or so Congressman and Senators that are Constitutionalists, and they get the same treatment Paul does. Pure and simple, the Establishment effectively kills any legislation which proposes to restore the Constitutional principles of limited government, less spending, noninterventionism, etc...

If any of you were so inclined as to stand up for liberty and the principles of freedom - I know none of you are, but suppose - and you threw your hat in the ring to fight for the principles of limited government (therein lies the rub), you would immediately be persona non grata in both of the dominant political parties.

Both the Republicans and Democrats are controlled by the same ruling Establishment. Going back decades, to Wendell Wilkie actually, every presidential nominee put forth by both parties, were in fact, Establishment puppets (the only exception being Barry Goldwater in '64). Republican or Democrat, it does not matter.

This year, their false candidates are Obama, and likely Romney; but if Romney is knocked off, it will be by Santorum or Gingrich, who are, of course, Establishment puppets as well. So your choice is this - the Establishment candidates (Obama, Romney, Santorum, Gingrich) - or - Ron Paul.

I don't agree with Paul on everything, but he is the only Constitutional candidate; hence, he is the only candidate even worthy of consideration. I will be voting for Ron Paul.

This is what you guys will be voting for -

http://www.usdebtclock.org/

Party on Big Government - Party on... the crash should be spectacular.

6. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

When are people going to realize that "Ron Paul's Constitutionalist Government" would be completely overwhelmed and incapable of operating at all being responsible for the well being of 310 million people and growing.

Our society is much to large, much to complex, much to diverse and much to violent to ever be able to survive a Ron Paul minimalist Government presence. It would be the equivalent of anarchy.

7. Roelath

They "Coin" our currency so it is a Big Deal.

Of course you don't you made that quite clear with your unwavering support for American Imperialism. You're into the belief if there isn't a Bully to kick in a kid's teeth all of Society would implode.

I guess the past 3,000yrs weren't real and purely imaginary. Do you believe History started in the early 20th Century? Your "Proven Fact" is purely opinionated bull(*)(*)(*)(*) considering you omitted 90%+ of Human History.

So your suggestion is to inflate until Hyperinflation? That road has been taken before and the power vacuum afterwards is devastating. Your only point is that the US would have to acquire a resource and hoard it... It doesn't just have to be Gold you know? There are plenty of other finite materials.

The same Economics who were blind to the Economic woes that came about? Mr. Bernanke was oblivious to the crashes that came and so were many "renown" Economists. The Austrian Economics predicted it and I'm suppose to keep taking the word of the "Renown" Economists that everything is going to get better with so much inflation/debt? Come on...

The past 3,000yrs discredit that way of thinking... completely.

8. Roelath

So if the population doubles should we expect the Government to choose our children's profession in life and to equally monitor every person to prevent "anarchy"?

9. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

No, but you certainly can't expect the size of the bureaucracy itself to shrink now can you?

As long as the population grows, the bureaucracy and the resulting heavy foot of Government will as well.

The only solution is to move to the sticks into a shack and try to live as minimalist a life as possible in an area where you don't see a police officer or other Government agent for weeks on end unless you call for one.

You want libertarian freedom? Adopt a unabomber lifestyle.

Otherwise you are stuck with what the sort of society the mainstream American votes for, good or bad.

10. Roelath

Well with your proposed idea that if Government was cut for 310 Million with the way it is currently... I could only imagine what your thought process would be if the Population doubled.

It doesn't have to be that way... It's merely a way of simply putting responsibility of yourself onto a Monolithic Government that with that Power can decide your fate. I wouldn't say it's inevitable... more like laziness.

Ignore it and hope for the best? A great way for Tyrants to rule.

I love how you relate insanity to Libertarian beliefs... What more should I expect from you right?

Ignore reality and still hoping that things work out in the end... Aren't you the same person who proposes we overthrow Iran before it turns into another Hitler? Ignore Freedoms but, don't ignore the possibility of a Hitler... Outside our borders!

11. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

This shows exactly how much you DONT know. I did alot of research in college about Rome in several of my classes. We are doing EXACTLY THE SAME THING. Overextending our military, spending way too much money, making too many enemies, voting in corrupt politician aristocrats. HOW ARE WE ANY DIFFERENT?

Healthcare reform is important to a stable economy? So Obama signing a healthcare bill that infringes on my rights and nobody knows how to pay for it, while the economy is falling apart, is helpful? Please show me some proof of that!

12. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

So how exactly does this make sense? Fighting for all the bad things congress did for thirty years is somehow bad? What planet are you from?

13. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

How exactly is something CREATED AND MANAGED by the government, considered private? Have you read anything about all the bull(*)(*)(*)(*) the fed has been up to?!

14. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Neoconservative nonsense. Lets go kill more people and create more debt! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

15. Bain

Bain New Member

Ron Paul's history of going against business as usual in Washington is nothing short of legendary.

16. Big George

Big George Banned

Neocon? WRONG! But never mind, you're wrong about a lot of other things too... :roll:

17. Big George

Big George Banned

Take off your blinders!

Given the amount of years Ron Paul has been in Congress, he IS "business as usual." :roll:

18. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Everything you said were the basic principles of neocon. Your view of Ron Paul is severely misguided.

19. Big George

Big George Banned

Wrong. And, wrong.

You've been drinking too much of the Kool-Aid. I'd guess that you are also absolutely convinced - beyond a shadow of a doubt - that Ron Paul is going to win the election.

20. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

No. Unfortunately I believe the status quo will do anything to prevent his election.... Even cheat, like they clearly did in Maine.

21. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

I'm sorry... why do you say you AREN'T a neocon?!

THE DRUG WAR ISN'T WORKING. PROHIBITION DOES NOT WORK. When are you going to wake up to that basic fact?

22. Big George

Big George Banned

READ and THINK. THEN make comments!

Did I say the drug war is working? No, I did not. You made it up and acted like I said it, which is a lie (typical Ron Paul supporter).

The FACT is that Ron Paul's wussy way of weaseling out of it by saying it's a "state issue" is ludicrous. The reason it is ludicrous is because states will not have even similar drug laws, which will mean that cross-state drug running, trafficking and even human trafficking will be the NORM. It will be the same as drugs being smuggled into the U.S., except instead of national borders they'll be crossing state border. The "drug war" will be FAR WORSE than it is now! How you can fail to see that is beyond me!

Yeah, that Ron Paul - boy oh boy, he really has some well thought out platforms! :roll:

23. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

Ron Paul is NOT trying to be the President of the USA (although he'd be ecstatic if it happened). The reason he is in the Republican race is to continue to raise the profile of Libertarianism and to increase the number of Americans who support it, just as he has for the last couple of decades. I suspect Ron Paul's fondest dream would be to live long enough to see his son run for President on a Libertarian platform and win.

24. danboy9787

danboy9787 New Member

Ive never heard ron paul talk about drugs as a state issue. Sure he pushes more state rights, because apparently unlike you he decided to read the constitution. What I have heard him push is for a complete decriminalization and legalization of all substances. The the states could regulate it however they wish. And sure... I think his son would also make a great leader. Far better than Romney, santorum, gingrich, or Obama.

25. Razurrrr

Razurrrr New Member

*blah blah blah*

Ok, here, let me break it down for you. I will reveal a great secret to you, after which you will be able to easily decode Ron Paul and Alex Jones, et al.

The secret is... everything they are saying is code for... "all of the world's problems are because of the secret cabal of jews who control all the banks and world finance."

That's it. Now, while Ron Paul may be a master of rationalization and theorizing, at bottom that is all the he really stands for. I'm quite sure that if you were talking to him in the private smoking room, down on the horse ranch in Kentucky or wherever, and having a private, candid conversation with him over a glass of rare bourbon, you would definitely hear him say something like "Well, of course it's the jews."

Jews-Fed. Jews-Fed. Fed-Jews. IMF-Fed-Jews. etc etc. That is the core of Ron Pauls philosophy, as well as Alex Jones' paranoia. RP is fundamentally lacking in substantive value, as a politician in the United States circa 2012. But, at least now you can more simply decode his message. You're welcome.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.