Romney Lost The Debate. How Could You Say Differently?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by woodystylez, Oct 5, 2012.

1. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

After reading posts like this and many others I had to watch it over again.

I tried to take the perspective of an American that didn't know much about politics and believed everything they say.

I realized that yes, Romney did win the debate. He had lots of big promises that won me over and I didn't put too much thought into how he was going to fulfill those promises. When Obama called him out on it he answered with, "Any policy that isn't worth borrowing money from China will be gone" So he avoided specifics and since I am sitting in the perspective of someone that isn't into politics, it won me over. Romney WAS more confident as a person which wins in the eyes of someone not looking at policy. Romney really took charge! He even cut off the president and interviewer multiple times and showed he was in control by avoiding that pesky time limit.

I see now why people think he won, most people hate politics. While going over his time limit he brought up multiple big questions that Obama couldn't answer since the topic changed and Obama followed the rules of the interview. I guess following rules is a sign of weakness in many eyes. I will say Obama needs to be a faster speaker if we are going to have a 2 minute time limit. More information needs to be shared fast.

2. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

It ain't looking good for woodystylez.

[​IMG]

3. The Real American Thinker

The Real American Thinker New Member

An extremely minuscule and almost worthless impact.

4. The Real American Thinker

Both are used car salesmen. One just painted his cars to look nicer.

5. PatriotNews

PatriotNews Well-Known Member

Yes, obama won. Then he hopped aboard a unicorn and with the toothfairy at his side they rode off on a rainbow made of love.

6. The Real American Thinker

I'm genuinely surprised you don't believe that, given the other crazy (*)(*)(*)(*) you believe about Obama.

7. PatriotNews

Why obama totally faceplanted and Romney creamed obama at the debate excuse #341: Romney was a time hog.

The truth: CNN showed a clock with each candidate’s talking time during the first presidential debate on Wednesday. By the time moderate Jim Lehrer moved to the closing statements, President Barack obama had spoken for more than four minutes longer than GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney.
    By the end of the debate, obama had spoken for nearly 43 minutes and Romney had spoken for 38 and a half minutes, according to CNN’s clock.
    http://blog.newsok.com/politics/2012/10/03/balance-of-time/

8. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

The NEW Romney strategy: JUST LIE YOUR @#$ off and deny what you said just the day before,once the analysis shows what a dufus you were.

At first, I DID think Obama failed, not because of what Obama said, but because Obama did not call out Romney on each of his lies. Maybe Obama just got caught by the sheer surprise of a guy so willing to just LIE HIS ASS OFF in front of 67 million people. Or maybe he just had his own talking points, and did not really prepare. So he lost in being non confrontational, but when the facts are finally analyzed thoroughly, Romneys little sales pitch techniques will show Romney is the Liar we already know him to be.

Further analysis has already now demonstrated that Mitt Romney is the perpetual flip flop king of spin, like we have never seen before since Nixons attempt to say he was not a crook. LOL!

The Devil is in the Details, and Mitt is now trapped by his own denial of his previous statements to his own base. And double speak like saying that reduction of income tax rate from 35% to 28% is not a tax cut because "deductions" will be eliminated is just complete nonsense, since the capital gains tax and inheritance tax will disappear under a Romney/Republican Congress.

And now we know that all of Mitts little spiel was just the debate talking points that we have come to despise from the likes of Fox News:
    http://shredoftruth.com/home/romneys-debate-dishonesty-came-straight-from-fox-news.html
    http://www.allvoices.com/contribute...uestioned-after-surge-of-postdebate-flipflops

9. tomfoo13ry

tomfoo13ry Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yes, empty promises...now you know how Obama won in '08...as well as every other POTUS for the last several decades...welcome to America, btw.

10. PatriotNews

Why obama fumbled, stumbled, stammered and guffawed while Romney mopped the floor using obama as his dirty mop excuse #1: Romney lied.

Romney: "You may be entitled to you own home, your own plane as President, but you're not entitled to your own facts". It was Mitt calling out obama for lying time after time and for repeating lies over and over. You know why the democrats have not put out a video of Mitt Romney promising a $5 trillion tax cut for the wealthiest of Americans? Because it doesn't freaking exist! Why? Because obama lied when he said that Mitt Romney has been running around the country for the past 18 months promising a $5 trillion tax cut to the wealthy. This is called fantasy politics. Meanwhile, obama is spewing lie after lie, and of course the dems aren't about to fact check that crap. He said he cut taxes for the middle class 18 times? What? He raised taxes on the middle class with obamacare. Nobody got a tax cut under obama. He only extended the Bush tax cuts that he has demonized for the past 6 years.
    Romney lying would not explain why he performed so well, nor why obama performed so miserably.

11. SkullKrusher

SkullKrusher Banned

Say what you will, I got my source: http://taxpolicycenter.org/taxtopics/romney-plan.cfm

Now Romney can wiggle around and pretend he has some VooDoo economic scam like mystery undefined deductions, but until such time as he comes up with some actual numbers, rather than just saying it will work, I have to give the 5 Trillion over 10 years analysis by the Tax Policy Center, the benefit of the doubt.

You got a link with some actual numbers? If so, post so we can read it.

Now I am still a little cranky about Big Bird getting fired, but I am willing to read legitimate numbers, so if you got some then let us see em.

12. Bondo

Bondo Well-Known Member

Ayuh,.... Atleast ya make 1 debatable point,...

'n I agree with everybody else in the world, but yerself...

Obo was his usual Empty Chair self...

13. Hoosier8

Thanks for the link, FTA:

14. The Real American Thinker

Which actually doesn't address the effect it would have on spending.

15. PatriotNews

Well the obama team has already admitted that the only one lying about the 5 trillion dollars is them. Maybe the dems need to get on the same page about what lies are good lies and what lies are bad lies:
    team-obama-admits-5-trillion-tax-cut-claim-is-a-lie-video
    http://campaigntrailreport.com/2012/10/05/team-obama-admits-5-trillion-tax-cut-claim-is-a-lie-video

16. The Real American Thinker

17. PatriotNews

Now is the Tax Policy Center a left of center organization? I think I have heard that. Regardless, in just reading your post, because I never really paid much attention to the "5 trillion dollar tax cut for weathier Americans" claim the democrats were making, (and I just assumed that someone would eventually fact check it) I noticed how they come up with such a rediculous number. Let's say Romney wins the election for the sake of argument. This "Tax Policy Center" is claiming that a Romney president can actually cut taxes for 2 to six years beyond his presidency? I mean if he only has one term, his policy would really extend 6 years after he is out of office regardless of congress' and other presidents? Or if he gets a second term, the next president would have to keep 2 more years the Romney tax cut? That by itself shows a biased perspective.

18. The Real American Thinker

Enter the conspiracy theories.

Bush has been out of office for four years. His tax cuts are still going.

/thread

19. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

George Bush,the previous Pres. cured his Inherited recession thru Tax cuts for all.
    Especially a cut to the Capital Gains { which Obama has plans to Increase to around
    24%,from 15% Today }. Bush generated RECORD Revenues to the Treasury for more
    than 2 years Via those Tax Cuts.
    You haven't a clue to what yer Yappin-on about.
    Here's how it works.Instead of Investors and small business Paying More in taxes
    with Tax cuts they have that extra tax cuts money to Invest or put into,their
    buiness which helps the overall Economy.All Obama wants to do his fatten his already
    bloated Government Largess and reward his Cronies like he did with Our Stimulus.
    It's what Corrupt Banana Republics do.W/O the Rich,this Country would cease to
    operate.Tick those rich off enough and they'll move off shore or to China.
    Which has already begun.
    Any fool with loads of money knows you want to have it work for you.
    Giving it to this Government is about the most irresponsible exercise in
    stupidity imaginable.

20. The Real American Thinker

Bush inherited a surplus, not a recession.

21. Hoosier8

That bubble had already started bursting before Bush took office (dotnet bubble) and immediately had to deal with the recession caused by 9/11 which shut the doors of many businesses in my town.

22. The Real American Thinker

Regardless, it happened after he took office, so he didn't inherit it. He inherited a surplus.

23. Hoosier8

I don't think you can factually say he inherited a surplus. That was just a projection based on the dotnet bubble continuing which it didn't but started failing previous to Bush taking office. The reason people say he inherited a surplus is because they were using the "projections" from a year before which were just paper projections, not actual fact.

24. The Real American Thinker

Whatever the hell you want to call it, the point is he did not inherit a recession.

25. namvet

namvet New Member

yes you are stupid. your swinging after the bell