Time for Paul & Gingrich to STEP ASIDE.....

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Libhater, Feb 16, 2012.

1. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

I agree ..but until that guy arrives it is the man who invented the movement..even though he has flaws in his national defense theory.
    Obama wanted to close GITMO until he was in office and was privileged to see everything..
    I think a Paul on the campaign trail might be different than Paul in the office.
    He might not rush to close every single base the 1st week.

2. 4Horsemen

4Horsemen Banned

Then don't come on here cryin' when the next 4 years are pure hell because of the love for Romney and Santorum.

Age has nothing to do with it. as long as he has his mental faculties and know how to stroke a pen, I'm voting for him even if I gotta write him in.

Reagan was 70 when he took office. :rolleyes:

AND Ron Paul even challenged the candidates to go run with him. any takers? NOPE...LOL

3. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

He is older by 8 years than the oldest president ever elected.
    He has run too many times [that is a negative]
    He has ardent, but very narrow support.
    He has languished at the lower end of the Republican candidates no matter how many dropped out. [evidence of NO general support]
    He has an EXTREMELY weak record of accomplishments.

He will not be elected. He NEVER had a chance. LOOK for the man to run with Paul's ideas, not Paul. And while you're looking, take a moment to defeat obama.

And obama's "promise" to close Gitmo had nothing to do with him seeing everything. It was just another campaign lie from the start. Kowtowing to the far left. IF he had a place to put them that would not cause him MORE political damage than not closing Gitmo, he would have done it. obama acts on his ideological demagoguery, not on information, advice, or experience.
    That's why he has to go.

4. Raeka

Raeka New Member

The problem with Paul is his foreign policy. He actually said "why worry about Iran?" in one of his debates or interviews. The world is poised for a huge event involving Iran. Israel may bomb them any day. They have already promised to attack us any chance they get. Have you forgotten the terrorist they tried to send through Mexico to attack us just a few months ago?

Paul is just wrong on this stuff. Perhaps if we had pulled out of middle east 20 years ago, things might be different. But now... no way can we risk the type of foreign policy Ron Paul would push. US would perish under his administration. I shudder to even think about it. :skull:

Paul supporters just are NOT looking at the big picture. They are living in some sort of bubble, disconnected from reality. :no:

5. The12thMan

The12thMan Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why are we doomed if we don't start a war with Iran?

6. Krypt

Krypt New Member

Ron Pauls foreign policy:

Try diplomacy first
    Diplomacy fails...fine
    Seek Congress approval if war should be validated or not
    If so, go there...kick some a**...come home

That's it...no nation building...no other bull that wastes american taxpayers money..

This is the way it should be...

The12thMan and (deleted member) like this.
  7. The12thMan

The republican party has left small govt behind and embraced vote-buying. They have virtually ensured pbama's reelection by their disrespect of the Constitution and small govt ideology. Their assumption that we will ultimately kiss their collective asses and vote for their guy is just wrong. What they appear to have done in Maine makes it impossible for them to get our votes. Everything that has gone wrong in this country is the result of disenfranchisement in one way or another. Being given a choice of the "lesser of the evils" is disenfranchisement.

8. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

Not going to happen, at least not with Paul supporters, the majority of which say they would not vote for any of the other GOP candidates and see no difference between the GOP candidates and President Obama. I disagree with them but that is what I have heard on many occasions.

9. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Why is Paul IN the Republican Party? I thought he strictly followed his CONVICTIONS. So is Paul himself saying the GOP is the way to go or is HE violating his convictions? He once ran on a different ticket. Did he decide that the GOP was best, or did he decide he, personally, would have a better opportunity in the GOP. If Paul decided the GOP was best, who are you to support him while saying he is WRONG at the base? If he went GOP for opportunity, so much for the convictions angle.

Logic and reality. Paul supporters need to check on either or both from time to time.

And again, the reality is that Paul has less than 20% support, [12.3% now] and that support he does have comes from a very narrow band of seldom voters.

The simple fact of life is, he will lose or drop out. He has NO chance, never did.

10. The12thMan

Are you saying he should run third party?

You mean the reality that the country is going broke? That we cannot afford to let either of the major parties use our tax money to buy votes?

You mean like those in the military?

So we should just suck it up and vote for the liberal? That is what I am telling you we will not do.

11. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Unless you are seriously reading challenged, you know exactly what I said and wimply avoided it.

Maybe there is a reading challenged issue, Paul is in the GOP. How did you MISS that?

I'm ex-military, I don't support Paul and neither does the MAJORITY of the military. His support comes from the very youngest voters, the least educated voters, and the lowest income working voters. None of the 3 separately or all together is a strong voting block.

obama IS the liberal.

Paul SAYS he wants to cut spending. So do R, G, & S
    Paul SAYS he wants to shrink government, So do R, G, & S.
    Paul SAYS we have to reduce the debt. So do R, G & S.
    Paul says we have to change the way our govt works. So do R, G, & S.
    Paul SAYS we must balance the budget. So do R, G, & S.

You choose to believe Paul without a FACT* and you choose to not believe the others in spite of FACTS to the contrary.
    *Paul has never made any of the above happen.

So here is your position, and the general position of Paul supporters. If Paul is not the Nominee "WE WILL NOT VOTE FOR THE NOMINEE," or you will vote for obama. The same result, obama gets reelected.

Paul will not be the nominee and he will not run as a third party candidate. So you will NOT be able to vote for him as president. You will not have that choice. Your choice will be doing, or NOT doing, what is best for the nation. Not voting is NOT what is best for the nation. Voting for obama is NOT what is best for the nation. Voting obama OUT is what is best for the nation.

12. The12thMan

Be careful. You are avoiding the topic again. Surely, you aren't saying Ron Paul should be a democrat. If you meant that he should tow the big govt party line, I should have ignored it.

Funny how you accuse me of being reading challenged at the same time completely misinterpreting my post. What in my post gave you the impression that I thought Ron Paul is not in the GOP?

I call BS. Not only is what you said entirely irrelevant, but you have no source.

There is evidence all over this board that R S and G are big govt guys, not just what they say but what they have done.

Their big govt will take the country down almost as fast as pbama's will.

13. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

DA60, Paul gets more money from the military then all other candidates combined, so how does he not get military support in your eyes?

14. The12thMan

15. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

Fiscal is not the opposite of progressive. Now if you said progressive conservative, like Rick Santorum, then you would have an oxymoron.

16. PoliticalRuckus

PoliticalRuckus New Member

Gingrich needs to drop out because his biggest enemy is himself.

Paul needs to drop out because he makes too much sense and has no scandals surrounding him. If you implement Romneys life into Pauls policies, Paul would surely win.

Paul is too clean, he needs to be "crooked like a politician" like the rest of them and he would rank higher in polls.

I watch debates and speeches to make fun of politicians, I find it as a good source of comedy and entertainment, and Ron Paul doesn't entertain me.

17. Wildjoker5

So you noticed SNL or all the late night talk shows just have nothing to talk about Paul as I do huh? Unless they are making fun of the "journalists" who try to "marginalize" his stance on going to war with a 3rd world country...AGAIN.

18. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

'Tank' you for proving the case. Paul got donations from 1405 people. An average 0f about $175.00 each.

Where did I say Paul's support was??

The very youngest voters.. Are soldiers for the most part young?

The least educated. Are soldiers for the most part only high school educated?

The lowest paid workers with jobs. Are soldiers highly paid?

Is 1405, a lot of people???

You all need to understand that I am not anti-Paul. It is terribly obvious he is NOT a factor in this election and will not become a factor. If by some miracle he becomes the Republican Nominee, I will vote for him. But that IS NOT going to happen.
    So you Paul supporters NEED to have your Plan B ready to go. Stomping your feet and throwing a tantrum because Paul won't be "in the finals," is NOT the way of responsible ADULTS. If you consider obama 99.99% bad and you consider the Republican Nominee, whomever it turns out to be, is 99.98% bad. Then you must forget that your first choice isn't in the running and you MUST, as responsible American Citizens, and responsible adults, VOTE for your second choice. If you truly believe that obama is better for the nation, I'd hate that, but that is your opinion and that is how you should VOTE. If you truly believe the Republican Nominee is almost as bad or IS as bad as obama, then VOTE for the Republican, just to make "SOME" change.

Here are some ABSOLUTE FACTS about federal spending.
    The last 3 FY's that Republicans controlled both Houses of Congress were FY 2005, 2006, and 2007. The deficits they caused were
    FY 2005, $318.4 billion
    FY 2006, $248.2 billion
    FY 2007, $160.7 billion

Notice the declining amounts!

Then Democrats took over BOTH Houses of Congress. From FY 2008 thru FY 2011.

The deficits the Democrats have run up are:
    FY 2008, $458.6 billion [over $40 billion higher than the highest EVER Republican deficit]
    FY 2009, $1,412.7 TRILLION [The record high deficit of the USA and exactly $1 TRILLION dollars higher than the highest EVER Republican deficit. ONE Trillion is a thousand BILLIONS, or a MILLION millions]
    FY 2010, $1,293.5 TRILLION
    FY 2011, $1,299.6 TRILLION
    In the 6 years that Republicans controlled congress with Bush in the WH, they ran up a total of about $1.5 trillion in deficits. AND I AGREE THAT IS TERRIBLE! But as you can see above, the Democrats are in that neighborhood, EVERY YEAR!
    Republicans SIX YEAR TOTAL, $1.5 TRILLION
    Democrats FOUR YEAR TOTAL $4,464.4 TRILLION.

Even IF your first choice, Paul, is not in the running, THERE IS a clear choice to be made.

19. Big George

Big George Banned

Ron Paul's main fan base is highly opinionated 18-25 year olds. The older (and usually wiser) people are, the less they like Ron Paul.

That alone speaks volumes.

20. Wildjoker5

Eh, when I was 18, I voted for Bush. Now that I am older than 25, Ron Paul is by far more appealing. My dad, also way past 25, votes for Ron Paul. The main thing we have between us, we have not allowed our ideas and thoughts be manipulated by central media outlets. Our beliefs are formed off real world events and facts, facts that older people love to stay ignorant to or question the rest of their choices in life.

21. PoliticalRuckus

PoliticalRuckus New Member

Politics is always evolving, and to say older people are usually wiser could be correct, but on what standards? Politics changed in the 60s, changed in the 40s, changed in the 20s, in the 1880s, and so on.

Who's to say that Ron Paul and his beliefs and ideals isn't the next change for the 21st century?
    You always hear about "We need to do this and that for our childrens and grandchildrens future" so why can't the younger Americans choose what type of democracy they live and retire in?

The "usually wiser" older generations have had a lot of problems and there will always be problems, but it's not up to the older generations to think what's right for younger American's and to decide what type of country younger ones want to live in. If I recall this economic downturn hasn't been caused by just one person, it's been a collaboration of many different men and women, the people the older generations voted in.

22. Big George

Big George Banned

So you and your dad allow all your thoughts to be manipulated by YouTube. Brilliant.

23. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

Baby boomers led us to this cliff with the worst and most corrupt politicians the nation has ever witnessed.

They should really shut their mouths and forfeit their social security benefits.

24. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

"Who's to say that Ron Paul and his beliefs and ideals isn't the next change for the 21st century?"

Who's to say his beliefs isn't the next change? No one.

But not Ron Paul himself. The calendar says it won't be the man, he's 77 now.

Somebody YOUNG has to take Paul's ideas and run with them. Paul is over.

25. Roelath

Roelath Well-Known Member

Do you have anything beyond your typical personal attacks towards other users or Ron Paul?