Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

No - use contraception and if contraception fails as it has been known to do, get an abortion if you are physically or financially unable to care for a child.

Females who don't want a baby when they're 15 may want one when they're older. Strange concept, I know. :rolleyes:

2. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

It wasn't missed. The bill they tried to pass required the transvaginal ultrasound with no exceptions for rape or incest. They only backed down as far as they did because of the outrage across the state and 1000 women standing in the snow watching them go in to vote. The people who voted for that bill were perfectly willing to subject EVERY pregnant female to an unnecessary, invasive procedure and they could care less that it would be a traumatic experience for MOST women considering an abortion and much more so for children - who are most likely to be pregnant as a result of rape or incest.

This is a mean, cruel attempt to punish and humiliate women and it's my guess most of them won't be there after the next election.

3. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

If I'm not mistaken, you're a woman. Yet you support a mandate that forces other women to undergo an unnecessary medical procedure that's a clear invasion of their privacy - and to what end? The women aren't required to look at it or listen to a heartbeat if there is one so who does it benefit? The "counselor" who's going to be there to tell her she's a murderer if she has an abortion and that she'll regret it and go crazy and get breast cancer as a result? Why do you want to punish and humiliate women who don't believe the same things you believe?

Obamacare doesn't force you to have any medical procedures - especially not ones that apply ONLY TO WOMEN. All it does it make sure your doctor and hospital get paid if you CHOOSE to get medical care.

4. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Or better yet, offered a public option - right? Of course, that would have taken all the power and control from the insurance companies and Repubs couldn't do that to one of their main sources of lobbyist income.

5. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

And you want women to be forced to have babies that you don't want your tax money to help support.

6. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

The only thing irrelevant to the discussion are the do-gooders who want to interfere in a private, personal, agonizing decision made by a pregnant woman that they care absolutely nothing about.

7. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

I guess I'm just playing devil's advocate mostly. I understand we're you're coming from. I'm relatively young too.

8. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

An irrational blanket statement that contradicts your entire liberal-democrat ideology.

9. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

No.... it is a Constitutional issue. When a male goes into a surgeon and receives a vasectomy, there is no state law prohibiting his actions. As an issue of equality, why would it be only the female that "needs help better understanding the nature of the procedure"??? It could be said that a vasectomy deprives a woman of her right to give birth to a child. The same could be said about masturbation, as both actions deprive a woman from the fertilization of her egg.

In most cases the female has already had a pregnancy test and a noninvasive ultrasound, so that when she appears for the abortion it becomes within the realm of discrimination because another test must be done which drives up costs, is mandatory as stated by this bill, and must be done if she is to have an abortion at all.

Since it is a Constitutional issue and is discriminatory it is practiced solely on gender, these disgusting laws by rabid republican legislators, who have no medical degrees should be held null and void and the whole issue goes legitimately to the United States Supreme Court. It is that important to women.

10. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

But how would she know if the baby is beyond the weeks set aside for not allowing an abortion to take place? without having an ultrasound?

11. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

So an abortion is not a invasive procedure?

12. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

Try again

What is a "fully developed human being"? I wasn't fully developed until I reached adulthood and stopped growing. When I was six years old I have not developed facial or pubic hair nor did I produce sprem. My daughter had not developed breast.

Are you asserting there is only one stage of human development? What biology class taught you such nonsense?

13. Bluesguy

So we should abolish all laws against killing innocent life because society has no business being concerned.........gotcha.

14. Bluesguy

Correct the medical abortion is much more invasive.

And trans-vaginal is not required under the law.

15. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

You dont think insurance companies have any influence on medical procedure......:roll:

16. Bluesguy

The law concerns the informed consent, the woman has to be shown the ultrasound or sonogram just as when my wife had surgery she had to be shown them and sign a form that she had been shown them and understood what was involved.

17. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

If you go back to page18 or 19 I posted a source showing how PP does the translational already, so why are they shouting about a procedure they routinely do?.....lol.

18. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Oh i agree. But that is not how it works. My father in law just had his prostate removed. His doctor had to fudge things to keep him in the hospital more then 24 hours because MEDICARE wanted him out after 24 hours. Its their "policy".

Government and Insurance companies are VERY involved in medicine already.

19. Bluesguy

As the spokesperson from PP said it is standard medical procedure.

20. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Because they're not shoving a probe up the azz of MEN for NO Medical Reason.

Like Chris Matthews said yesterday … “It’s better to fix the problem before takeoff, rather than after the landing”.

21. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Those RELIGIOUS RIGHT WINGER NUTTERS... Down with Planned Parenthood! < sarcasm>

22. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

What?...lol.

Come back when your making sense.

23. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

PP however seems to be the darling of the left. Now the "Nutters" and PP require the same thing.

Sucks to be you eh? Your head must be spinning trying to find a way out of this one...

24. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

I wonder if these facts will make it to the John Stewart show (after he did a whole bit on "rape" by ultrasound)?
    That wouldn't play well with his audience of trained seals barking out their approval, I think.

The facts they are stubborn things, lefties.

25. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

I didn't realize that Planned Parenthood "shoved a probe" up the hot pockets of women "for no medical reason". Seems very invasive and unnecessary. Let's cut their funding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.