If Blacks are less intelligent what should we do?

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Aleksander Ulyanov, Aug 15, 2016.

1. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

The argument was that the average Black I.Q. is lower and the average White I.Q. (and that the average Asian I.Q. is higher than the average White I.Q.). This is well documented and has been stable over generations and almost ever test. No one has argued that the range of Black I.Q. is different than the range of White I.Q. Pointing out a couple of exceptional Blacks only is illustrates this point.

Producing one scientist to prove that Blacks or on average as smart as Whites is like pointing out a White player in the NBA to prove the White guys can jump.

There is a reason that the NBA is dominated by Blacks and it isn't racism. The same hold true for professions requiring above average intellect. The reason there are fewer Black doctors has nothing to do with racism. If Blacks weren't given a huge advantage there we even fewer.

2. WJV

WJV Banned

If the info is correct then we can end this stupid 'equality' nonsense. Aboriginals are different to 'whites' and other humans. An Aboriginals skull is three times thicker than skulls of all other humans. Aboriginals are the most different to other humans but there are differences between all races and to ignore that hurts this stupid crusade for so-called equality because we cannot expect the same from everyone especially from race to race. Saying that blacks are on average less intelligent than whites is true but that does not mean that all whites are more intelligent than all blacks. Since humans are different between races we can expect differing health outcomes between races too.

You can pass on acquired traits to your offspring. You can develop your cognitive abilities - especially in civilized society - so races that have been civilized for the longest - Jews and Chinese - are the most intelligent. Do you see?

3. WJV

WJV Banned

Blacks have massive penes and they are more athletic than the rest of us and this is because they have had less civilization which has meant that physical attributes are more important than intelligence - and this is why they have such large penes and are so good at basketball. Hitler said that he didnt even think blacks should be able to compete in the Olympics because they had an unfair physical advantage.

4. WJV

WJV Banned

Not many Jews or Chinese playing in the NBA is there?

5. Esau

Esau Well-Known Member

your ckearly mistaken as the nba is predominantly played by jews.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically your saying that blacks and chinese are the mist intelligent. I agree

6. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Your psychopathy claim was racist nonsense.

Comparing a demographic group to a country is ridiculous. All kinds of variables can impact IQ score including culture.

Humans are not as genetically different within species as most animals species are.

You didn't address the research cited by Nisbett.

7. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

The Chihuahua and the Great Dane are both dog and share 99.99% of their genes. A few genes can make a big difference (pun intended).

8. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Dog breeds are more genetically different than human populations.

While a few genes can result in big differences when we're talking about a trait like intelligence which is controlled by the expression of many, many genes the trait in question is less likely to be unevenly genetically differentiated between populations which seems to be the case with human intelligence.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now look, we can argue about the scientific evidence for or against this theory of racial differences in mental characteristics all day but the OP's question was, if you are correct what should be done about it?

I find the racist's policy recommendations on the matter to be morally absurd. Even if you are right why should we treat people unfairly? No one disputes that the mentally ill have mental problems because of genetic differences but we don't advocate discrimination against the mentally ill. Egalitarians believe in treating them humanely and getting them help or finding a cure if that is possible. If it so happens that Blacks are mentally inferior on average then I would still be an Egalitarian and support policies that promote social justice.

9. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

What do we do for people who are born short or ugly? Am I somehow responsible? I just want a race neutral society. You don't see me screaming about racism in the NBA, do you?

10. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

There's no racism in the selection of NBA players. You're trying to create a parallel between Black over representation in the NBA and Black under representation in high income professions with the assumption that both are caused by genetic differences. If they are both caused by genetic differences then yes we need a race neutral policy. If some groups have an advantage in intellect they shouldn't be punished for it. But what if the cause is environment? Then it is our moral obligation to equalize the environment otherwise it is not fair. Personally I think it is obvious that some populations of African descent have a genetic advantage probably in running ability that leads to an athletic advantage in sports such as Basketball and Football. The playing field is clearly neutral because talent scouts look at the stats of individual athletes not their race. So there is no racism in the NBA or NFL.

There is obviously racism at least historically that affects the nurturing environment between White and Black Americans that impacts intelligence. The only way to test whether there is a genetic component to racial IQ gaps is to equalize the environment between the groups. So either way if you want answers to the cause you should be working to make the environment equal between Whites and Blacks. But this has never been the aim of racists.

11. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

The children of affluent Blacks are less intelligent than the children of poor Whites.

12. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

You're basing that on SAT scores right? A study by Moore (1986) found that Blacks adopted in to White middle class families had higher IQs than Blacks adopted by Black Middle Class families indicating that the nurturing environment in White families is better than in Black families. So the difference is due to culture.

Don't forget, as I already mentioned, that when controlling for Socioeconomic variables including family and neighborhood quality that Black-White IQ gap disappears. So the difference in score is clearly caused by the environment. Also the gap has reduced significantly over the last several decades since the Civil Rights Movement as the environment for Black Americans has improved.

[​IMG]

13. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

There is no doubt that nurture plays a role in I.Q. Unfortunately it has been found to only be about 32%. Poor Whites still out perform affluent Blacks on I.Q. tests.

14. ThirdTerm

ThirdTerm Well-Known Member

White British pupils are falling behind students from other ethnic backgrounds by the time they reach their GCSEs because of a lack of support from their parents, a report has revealed.

The research, by the CentreForum thinktank, suggests white British children are among the top three highest achieving groups at the age of five.

But by the age of 16, the group’s performance slips to 13th in a table behind children of Chinese, Indian, Asian and black African heritage.

Researchers said parents’ aspirations played a smaller role than their support for the pupil, with those from minority ethnic backgrounds being more supportive of their children than white parents.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2016/apr/04/white-children-falling-behind-other-groups-at-gcse

A UK study showed that white pupils from poor households are being outperformed academically by other ethnic groups at the age of 16. 85% of white boys from poorer homes fail to get five good GCSEs. More than 17% of black Caribbean boys achieve five good GCSEs and 51.5% of Chinese boys do. The IQ gap between white British and black Caribbean does exist but 2% more black Caribbean boys achieve five good GCSEs than poor white British boys do. The average black Caribbean IQ (94) is slightly lower than the general black average of 95. I think this has something to do with a thug culture common among the white working class and African Americans, which prevents them from studying hard.

[​IMG]

15. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

What is most telling is that after 12 years of public school and 4 years of college, the 1 sd gap is still there on the GRE, LSAT and MCAT.

16. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

I don't think anyone claimed it was entirely environmental or entirely genetic.

17. MRogersNhood

MRogersNhood Banned

I know you wouldn't catch me making a claim like that. :alcoholic:

18. Egalitarianjay02

Egalitarianjay02 Banned

Plenty of scientists claim it is entirely environmental. I don't know any that claim it is entirely genetic. Most racial hereditarians claim it is partially genetic and partially environmental usually claiming 50-80% heritability.

You should watch these debates if you haven't already:

[video=youtube;zF9hOY6OzoQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF9hOY6OzoQ[/video]

[video=youtube;lUjo31DChcE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUjo31DChcE[/video]

19. PolakPotrafi

PolakPotrafi Banned

You don't say that ASPM, MCPH1, and IGF-1 increase intelligence?

You are aware that these are more prevalent in Eurasians vs Africans?

20. PolakPotrafi

PolakPotrafi Banned

Aha, so you're not really an egalitarian on race, so much as you're pro-African when it comes to race.

Yes, indeed Africans have more muscle mass, and more fast twitch muscle fiber which helps with running.

Just like Eurasians have bigger brains, and faster thyroids which helps with intellect.

So, yes we already have all the evidence we need.

21. PolakPotrafi

PolakPotrafi Banned

A stronger disproportionate amount of Blacks in Britain come from the higher classes of their countries who left in brain drain.

22. ThirdTerm

Until the 1960s, anyone with British passports could immigrate to the UK from former colonies such as Kenya and Uganda and the vast majority of colonial migrants arrived in this period, whether they are black or Asian. Unlike black immigrants to the US, where only educated or wealthy applicants are accepted, the ancestors of black Britons did not have middle class backgrounds and many Somalis are former asylum seekers. The UK is home to the largest Somali community in Europe, with an estimated 114,000 Somali-born immigrants. The average IQ of Nigerian-Americans is estimated to be above 130 and many of them have advanced degrees.

23. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

I'm gonna call MOD EDIT>>>BYPASSING THE PROFANITY FILTER<<<on that one since the average I.Q. in Nigeria is 69.

24. juanvaldez

juanvaldez Banned

Another source report average Nigerian I.Q. at 84.

25. ThirdTerm

[​IMG]

Table 2 (Dustmann and Theodoropoulos &#8206;2010) shows that first generation African immigrants to the UK (1979-1984) had only 10-12 years of education. This means that they only received high school education or less at home before migrating to Britain. It's their descendants who could benefit from higher education with 2-3 more years of education after high school.