Obama distracted by breaking donor scandal?

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Smartmouthwoman, Oct 4, 2012.

1. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

We all know something was on Obama's mind besides the debate last night. Could it be he was rattled by this story?

Was Obama rattled by developing donor scandal story?
    October 4, 2012 | 6:58 pm

President Obama reelection campaign, rattled by his Wednesday night debate performance, could be in for even worse news. According to knowlegable sources, a national magazine and a national web site are preparing a blockbuster donor scandal story.

Sources told Secrets that the Obama campaign has been trying to block the story. But a key source said it plans to publish the story Friday or, more likely, Monday.

According to the sources, a taxpayer watchdog group conducted a nine-month investigation into presidential and congressional fundraising and has uncovered thousands of cases of credit card solicitations and donations to Obama and Capitol Hill, allegedly from unsecure accounts, and many from overseas. That might be a violation of federal election laws.

The Obama campaign has received hundreds of millions in small dollar donations, many via credit card donations through their website. On Thursday, the campaign announced a record September donor haul of $150 million.

Read more: http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2509895/#.UG4npkY_i32

Nah, Obama & Biden got called on the same thing in 2008 and slithered out of it. They better have good proof... Dems Lie.

waltky and (deleted member) like this.
  2. kenrichaed

kenrichaed Banned

God I hope this turns out to be true.

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Uncle Ferd says, "Nah...

... Romney kept givin' him the evil eye...

... an' mouthin' Obamacare gonna add to the debt...

... when dat moderator wasn't watchin'...

... like one o' dem substitute ref'rees inna NFL...

... Granny was hopin' Obama would walk over...

... an' whop Romney upside the head...

... but he kept his composure...

... an' now dem R'publicans is sayin' Romney won.
    :bleh:

4. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

I bet there are a dozen SCANDALS in Obama's closet, just waiting to see the light of day.

The Dems are a bunch of sleazebags... I wouldn't put anything past 'em. It's time to pull out the stops, huh? I hear the DNC is doing the same thing to Romney. If he ever had a pimple on his butt, we'll see pics of it in the next 30 days.

5. DDave

DDave Well-Known Member

6. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh! A scandal! How delicious!

A couple of points here if I may.

I have heard somewhere before, though I can't seem to place where right now, that there was going to be some major scandal breaking soon. No word on what soon meant.

Anyway, it never seemed to happen. Now color me skeptical, but I am thinking this one may not happen either.

However, fellow reader, we have an advantage to this one. According to the article in the OP, the scandal will break tomorrow or Monday! Indeed, in the next 84 hours, this scandal will make the news.

Now to me that is exciting, as we can, Monday evening, announce with certitude that the scandal never happened and that the predictions claimed in the article in the OP were incorrect.

Again.

But alas, the author of the article leaves themselves and out. Apparently, the Obama administration is trying to quash this scandal, so in the infinitly slim odds that it does not break, the author can just claim that the administration was successful in quashing it. Rather brilliant the ease at which the great unwashed are conviced of the accuray of the article, and it has a ready made excuse for our forum posters. They can simply claim it was real and through magic the president kept folks from knowing about it.

But let's cut to the meat here.

Now apparently the scandal is about donations from "unsecured accounts". Now I am no rocket scientist, but can anyone tell me what a "unsecured account" is? Is it an account left out in the open? One without a lock on it?

7. Think for myself

Hmmm.

I see Palin has jumped on the bandwagon on this one, and Brietbart is running the same story.

But there is no indication of this scandal actually breaking, just people claiming it is going to break. Well, it is only one day in and we have Monday to look forward to. Hopefully by then we will have some answers!

8. Think for myself

Well color me disappointed.

Monday is here. The vaunted Monday. the day the scandal was bound to break.

Yet amazingly there is nothing. Not a single thing in the news.