Should women cover their hair?

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Wolverine, Jan 30, 2013.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive Well-Known Member Past Donor

2. OJLeb

OJLeb New Member

Including hats?

But... that is what a Hijab does. Did you not see the pictures? The hair was covered. Because the girl and the baby were wearing the Hijab. Quite simple, really.

Burka covers the entire body. Not just the hair.

Ya Allah.... How many times will you ask this question?

Just because a woman decides to cover her hair, that does not automatically make her modest.

Likewise , a woman who doesn't cover her hair is not by default less modest than a woman covering her hair.

Covering her hair is ONE (1) form of modesty. NOT the only form.

It has been answered. You just got so distracted by one mention of the Bible you've ignored the answer repeatedly.

This was answered too.

And if you spoke to these women you would see they wear it on their own.

Do some get forced? Yes. Is it wrong? Of course. I never denied this. She is only to wear it for Allah SWT and herself.

In fact I have made it clear in this thread that I have referred to women who choose to wear it.

3. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

Teaching the value of modesty to MEN and women is fine....telling them they must prove it by a display (Pride, Boasting, Arrogance) is wrong.

Now go fix all your quotes, you have me quoting others posts.

4. query

query New Member

if the Display includes a Dress code it is not wrong. if i teach my daughter to wear the veil. not to wear mini-skirts or too much lip stick or too much jewelry it is ok and no one has the right to say it is wrong what i teach. also teaching Religion to students is ok and no one has the right to say it is wrong in the sense it is forbidden.

5. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

I notice it's only for your DAUGHTER....guess your sons are free to do whatever they want???

6. query

query New Member

why do you assume that? by now i have the Impression of you as someone who makes allegations about others and putting words into others mouths.

7. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

I assumed nothing and made no allegations, I asked a question that apparently you can't answer....

Here it is:

I notice it's only for your DAUGHTER....guess your sons are free to do whatever they want???

8. query

query New Member

I wont answer your question because it is obvious provocation and you "guess" so you make a allegation

9. OverDrive

And so YOU are for modern girls these days acting like teenage boys in heat and polluting their wombs with a multitude of STD's and acting like crude Jr HS boys of which if it wasnt for women would go back to the stone age?! Women have been the ones who have held up society by their innate particular behavior and sexual common sense. If not for them society would be a dung pit..

It's very obvious you arent the father of a teenage girl..

10. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

:) Well, out of that jumble I pulled :""like teenage boys in heat and polluting their wombs with a multitude of STD's and acting like crude Jr HS"

I guess you are FOR boys acting anyway they wish....in heat and polluting wombs....

No, the care of the world does NOT rest on the shoulders of women....you say that just so you can blame them for the bad that happens....not too many people buy that garbage anymore, not intelligent people....

11. OverDrive

And so you dont believe that it is 'women' who have maintained the morals of society. Men left alone would regress back to Neanderthals if not for them. Get honest!

12. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

I don't believe all women have good morals nor do I believe all men don't.

BUT if you believe women are superior to men you are opposing religious(christian) teachings which say a wife should be subservient to her husband , which say women can't be priests, which has always put women in a subordinate position in their sick sexist way...

13. OverDrive

The 'all' is a cop out. Where in history does it talk about 'women' raping & plundering men?!

Btw, if you go to most churches, it is woman who are in the majority in attendance...hmmmmmm

14. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

BUT if you believe women are superior to men you are opposing religious(christian) teachings which say a wife should be subservient to her husband , which say women can't be priests, which has always put women in a subordinate position in their sick sexist way...

Numbers of attendees doesn't equal equal treatment....that doesn't compute at all....

IF women are so superior why aren't they the Pope, the Bishop, the priest, the hierarchy of the church???

Why do christians think women should be subservient to their husbands if women are superior???

Why can't you anwer direct questions?

15. OverDrive

So YOU are saying that women are superior to men, huh?

My NT says that there is no male nor female in heaven, but only "sons."

Men are both physically & leadership superior in most cases and are the 'head' just as Christ is the head and his 'bride' is the body. But many women I have seen are superior in faith!

Both have their purposes on this earth; but remember who the 2 ppl were boldly standing at the cross with the crucified Jesus---2 Marys. Where were His male disciples?---Hiding! And who did the resurrected Jesus 1st reveal Himself to---Mary M.

And for the great finale: what is the proportion of men-to-women in jails----GREAT!!
    Why arent there more morally superior men than women in jail?

Btw, make sure that you keep looking over your back--you may get raped by a woman......... [​IMG]

query and (deleted member) like this.
  16. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

LOL! You are scrambling....all the posts are there where YOU say women are superior and now, like a christian backed to the wall of reason, you're going nuts and denying it....

Oh, that rape thing...is that a threat??

What a CHRISTIAN thing to say.....

17. Durandal

Durandal Well-Known Member Donor

Lulz. I love this.

18. OverDrive

I believe YOU said 'superior!' I said more 'moral!'

But...I think that you are proving that men are superior in making excuses!

Sorry but your intended cheap shot at 'Christians' for some reason (I'm sure you are always looking for a supposed 'gotcha') doesnt phase me, for as a follower of Christ I have been given 'His Righteousness' as a Gift (Romans) and am not righteous of myself......and you are ...immune from any judgment being a godless person?! But sorry, again, for scripture says "By YOUR words you will be justified, and by YOUR words you awill be condemned." Ergo, your righteousness is as a 'filthy garment' (again, per scripture), or to put it in YOUR terms, a ZERO in the eyes of God.

Now go your way patting yourself on the back for being 'superior".. [​IMG]

And, oh yeah, I sure that YOU wont have to worry about any women following YOU...your honor will be preserved.

19. WhatNow!?

WhatNow!? New Member

So being more moral ISN'T being superior to you...oh, OK... (eye roll)

And what do you mean by my "honor will be preserved"? Do you think if women are raped THEY lose their honor?

That would be quite a backwards, ignorant, sexist, woman hating thing to say ....

You sure seem fixated on rape....

20. OverDrive

You've got some serious problems, such as putting words in other ppl's mouths: ''superior for moral, rape and losing honor...and for sure NO sense of humor. Go outside and play in the traffic...oh, yeah, and read my signature..it's for ppl like YOU!

21. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Devout Catholics do take this verse in its entirety--as relevant today. However Baptists like myself--understand it as women covered head in the Jewish tradition at the time to showed modesty and respect for God's house. The modesty and respect for God's house is the relevant message to us--gaudy make-up and short skirts are out in other words. And I think wearing jeans to church is like "showing your hair" in the jewish time.

22. taikoo

taikoo Banned

Now, if you can stay on topic instead of doing otherwise, what is this about if its not about women being tortured eternally for the sin of letting men see their hair?

4th picture down..
    http://freethoughtblogs.com/taslima/2012/08/14/islamic-fairy-tale/

23. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

Vatican, London and Washington as far as I know are not the Middle East

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

24. Abu Sina

Abu Sina New Member

25. Flyflicker

Flyflicker New Member

If women all covered their hair or cut it off, all of the beauty salons would go out of business and crash the economy. It could be worse than the mortgage meltdown. Add to that the hair spray industry and all of the other products incomprehensible to men, and the Dow would go through the floor. No, no, we can't have women covering their hair.

What? You mean that hair? Oh, well, I suppose that should be covered. Is that what Corinthians really means?