Obama's Gay Marriage Evolution is Offensive to God and America

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by sammy, May 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammy

sammy Well-Known Member

False! Even if there were different men involved there are no conflicts.
    Those that try to find conflicts are biased and will jump to false conclusions if they can.

The fact that there are no contradictions indicates the Bible is inspired by God.

Even some atheists marvel at the consistency of the Bible.
    They just don't believe in it.

In case you feel that something is wrong in the United States today, you aren't crazy.
    Obama has sent the United States into a decline never before seen in it's history. More than 500K college graduates entered the job market in May and less than 69K new private sector jobs were available for them. You do the math!

2. Kessy_Athena

Kessy_Athena New Member

Don't give me that. You're twisting the meaning to suit yourself and you know it. Listing a series of events denotes chronological order, unless some other order is stated or implied. Or are you saying that sentence order is irrelevant, and you can take the entire text and reorder the sentences to get the result you want? Actually, not even whole sentences, we're talking about reordering clauses.

You believe that when you die, you'll meet Yahweh and he'll judge you on everything you've done in your life, right? So what are you going to have to say for yourself when he asks you why you chose to ignore the plain meaning of his words?

And which atheists would those be, hmmmm? I hang out with atheists, and I can assure you that not a one of them thinks your book is even remotely close to being self consistent.

3. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

A simple question. Is God opposed to people being treated with equality under the law?

4. Kessy_Athena

Kessy_Athena New Member

Ironically enough, I find myself disagreeing with the premise of your question, Shiva. As has been pointed out elsewhere, the law is about treating people unequally, that is people who commit offenses are punished in some way. The real question is whether or not there's anything wrong with homosexuality, if there's any reason being gay should be an offense under the law. I say no.

5. RedRepublic

RedRepublic Banned at Members Request

Oh no worries guys I just asked God and he says that Heterosexuals are the evil ones and everyone should be Homosexual. Of coarse he promotes all Heterosexuals to change their biology to become homosexual by wishing hard enough, who says it can't work?!?

6. FreshAir

FreshAir Well-Known Member Past Donor

any government that made blasphemy, ect... a crime would be about treating people unequally, be it Sharia or Biblical law, ect...

7. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

We name new animals all the time. So we must be Adam.

8. sammy

sammy Well-Known Member

When Pacquio stated that God is against Gay Marriage, he was only answering a question.
    Maybe Democrat goons weren't happy with him and exacted their revenge.

Last night in Harry Reid's corrupt Nevada, Manny Pacquio was robbed of his boxing title, by three blind mice. The fix was in.

His opponent Timothy Bradley won the bout despite landing fewer punches than Pacquiao did. Pacquiao connected on 253 punches (34%), while Bradley landed just 159 (19%). Bradley was the aggressor, throwing more punches than Pacquiao (830 to 751). But most of them were ineffective. Even though Pacquiao landed more punches in 10 out of the 12 rounds, two out of the three judges scored the bout in favor of Bradley. Even the Judge that had Manny ahead didn't have it scored correctly.

Something stinks in Nevada!

9. Osiris Faction

Osiris Faction Well-Known Member

Yes its a conspiracy against christians.....conspiracy theorists never learn.

10. The Wyrd of Gawd

The Wyrd of Gawd Well-Known Member

Dang! At least if Pacquiao had lost to Mayweather he would have gotten a big payday. Now Pacquiao is worthless.

11. Shiva_TD

The question then is whether homosexuality between consenting adults violates anyone else's inalienable Rights.

The primary role of government, as expressed in the Declararion of Independence (see my signature), is to protect the inalienable Rights of the People. The government has no enumerated role to punish anyone. It does pragmatically need to infringe upon the inalienable Rights of the Individual in some cases where a person has violated the Rights of others but such infringement should always be the least possible to provide the protection of the inalienable Rights of other individuals in Society. Incarceration, which is an infringment upon the liberty of a convicted felon, is a pragmatic infringement for the purpose of protecting the inalienable Rights of individuals in society.

It is obvious that homosexuality between consenting adults doesn't violate anyone's inalienable Rights so there is no rationalization for any infringments on their Rights.

The US Constitution, in the 14th Amendment, requires that all individuals receive equal protection under the law. There is no rational foundation for denying same-gender couples from marriage where there are government provided benefits for couples that form a lifetime commitment to a personal/financial partnership. All couples that form these lifetime committed personal/financial partnerships must be treated equally under the law based upon the 14th Amendment.

So we'll go back to the question I presented. Does God oppose equality for all individuals in society under the law? We could also rephrase that question. Does God endorse invidious discrimination under the law?

12. Shiva_TD

13. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Probably not, but I dont think he would have any problem at all with discrimination, rationally related to serving a legitimate governemtnal interest. Such as marriage limited to heterosexual couples.

14. Kessy_Athena

Kessy_Athena New Member

Putting it that way, I can heartily agree.

And in what way is limiting marriage to heterosexual couples a legitimate government interest?

15. wolfsgirl

wolfsgirl Active Member

Please don't get him started again.

16. Gaymom

Gaymom New Member

Answer...Does God really love everyone??? If you believe this, then the answer is no. He would want equality for everyone.

17. Gaymom

Gaymom New Member

But the point is...there is no legitimate government interest. None. Never has been. The people in CA Prop 8 case could not come up with ONE reason. The 9th District court said the only reason people voted as they did was "animus" or hate.

BTW God does not ever descriminate...He loves everyone. The question was set up for you, but has nothing to really do with God.

18. Shiva_TD

The Federal Appeals Court for the Ninth District stated in it's decision on Prop 8 the denial of same-sex [gender] marriage serves no ligitimate government interest. I'm sure that the attorneys from the National Organization for Marriage (i.e. the Mormon Church PAC) tried to present evidence related to any possible government interest but the Court found none upon examination of the arguments from both sides.

If the foremost legal experts in the support the prohibition of same-sex [gender] marriage are unable to provide evidence of any "government interest" in denying same-sex [gender] marriage then I would state that such an interest does not exist.

So with no such government interest does "God" still support invidious discrimination that denies equality to all people under the law?

19. dixon76710

Sure there is. Improving the wellbeing of children is a legitimate governmental interest. Helping gays feel better about themselves is not.

20. Gaymom

Gaymom New Member

Not a legal government interest. Sorry. Not provable either.

21. Kessy_Athena

Kessy_Athena New Member

The government does have a legitimate interest in protecting the wellbeing of children. Which has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with gay marriage. The only reason to even suggest that children are harmed by being raised by a same sex couple is pure bigotry. Considering all the political muscle that's being devoted to promoting homophobia, don't you think if there was the slightest possibility of anything even remotely supporting the idea, that those groups would have found it years ago and been screaming it from the rooftops? I know they've been looking really hard for a long time.

22. dixon76710

That would involve treating the married the same as the unmarried, NOT special treatment for gays for no other reason than the fact that they are gay.

23. dixon76710

You wont get any argument from me on that one. Totally irrelevant in the case of gay marriage. Men and women becoming husbands and wives and fathers and mothers to their children, purely the domain of heterosexual couples. From the dawn of civilization.

24. Gaymom

Gaymom New Member

No, equality means rights are not withheld from a portion of the population for NO REASON. The unmarried have chosen not to partake in the rights available to them. Homosexuals are being denied the rights.

Understand now??

25. Gaymom

Gaymom New Member

It has nothing to do with same sex families, as they raise children too, and just as well or better than anyone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.