Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

they do. you are now off topic.

2. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Or adoption.

3. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Slightly off topic. But you can't go on about Catholics being opposed to paying for one thing when they are happy to pay for something else which also causes death. That equals hypocrisy, which is my point.

Rapunzel and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Rapunzel

:clap::clap::clap:

Makedde and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

Sorry, but abortion is a complicated issue. You cannot just pretend that the unborn human organism is irrelevant to the discussion.

6. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

If abortion ends a pregnancy, it ends the life of a human.

Unless you can tell me about any person in this world who was never a 1-40 week old and then was born after that.

7. Makedde

Contraception doesn't end the life of a human, though. It prevents the sperm and egg meeting. Abortion ends the life of a 'human' if you want to call it that. Abortion is used to end a pregnancy, not to prevent one. You cannot prevent a pregnancy when a pregnancy already exists, can you?

8. Rapunzel

So you're for contraception and against abortion?

9. Makedde

I am in favor of both. I believe that contraception should ALWAYS be used if one doesn't wish to become pregnant. At least two forms should be used. If that fails, then abortion is the LAST resort. I think women who simply have sex and wait and see if they get pregnant and abort are truely sick creatures.

10. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

Fiction can be fun folks!

Lets get the facts here, not from huffington's spin.

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/pr...vaginal-ultrasound-requirement-in-virginia-bi

A little bit different then the huffpost facts isn't it?

So if the majority of PP's do the so called "invasive" vaginal ultrasound already, then what is all this drama about the bill saying something about vaginal ultrasounds being "invasive"?

Sounds like the pro-aborts are just screaming bloody murder for political ploys and nothing more.

Go figure that.

11. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

Every surgery has risks, and I'm quiet sure they make women well aware of the risk of abortion. Hell when I was at PP getting an STD screening (had to be sure, my ex was (*)(*)(*)(*)ing someone else while she was with me) I had to read all sorts of scary stuff. Lets just say that after the build up even when you're 99.99999% sure you don't have aids, having it come back negative is one of the best experiences you will ever have. If you're ever down try it! Guarantee you'll be like "holy (*)(*)(*)(*) I'm glad that's over with, PP scared the hell out of me!"

Seriously though I'm quiet sure PP is upfront about the possible issues, as is every medical group I've dealt with, including the PP I went to.

I have no problem with private entities putting out radio adds encouraging adoption, but I don't feel it's the place of the government nor should it be required by law to happen in a place like PP before an abortion is performed. If PP wishes to do so that is their choice, but the government should not be involved.

I'm sure they would have loved them (well one of them anyway), but in all 3 cases I think it was for the best, and as I've said so do they.

No, they made the right choice. Seriously none of us are that well off. I'm about to graduate school, and so that will make two of us that have 4 year degrees (and one with a 2 year). Of the people who could have had kids one lives with her parents still, one was living with another guy while 'going out' with my friend (who knows whos kid it was), and the other was with one of my friends who owns his own business and he's barely managing to stay ahead. A kid for any of those people would have been a nightmare. Hell one couple does have a kid and the rest of the group helps them out a lot because they're a one income family. I mean we're all like family, but we're all pretty broke too. Between the money and the bad relationships, no kids is a lot better than kids.

12. My Fing ID

My Fing ID Well-Known Member Past Donor

That would certainly help. Obama care is a joke, I do agree.

13. Rapunzel

Yep, It's because they are republican. This is how the left demonizes republicans. Whatever they can put together, true or not.

Thunderlips and (deleted member) like this.
  14. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

15. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

PP has their procedures and other clinics have theirs. If a woman doesn't want to have additional invasive and unnecessary procedures before she has an abortion, she can find a clinic that doesn't require those procedures. Or she could until the Republicans in the VA Legislature made the decision for EVERYBODY because as we all know, women aren't capable of making decisions about their own bodies. Cons/RWers must do that FOR them.

16. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Bottom line, regardless of who is paying for an abortion NO medical procedure should be mandated unless it is strictly medically indicated for the common good, for example vaccines.

The problem with legislatures in general is they make too many laws just to get elected. OB GYN physicians know how to run their practices. They don't need a state law to tell them how to do their jobs. For people that espouse small government Republicans sure are hypocritical.

17. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

What invasive procedures do you have to go through to get medical insurance?

Yes - this law IS bad. Cons/RWers with the support of 31% of Virginians felt morally responsible for making moral decisions for ALL Virginia women by enshrining THEIR religious beliefs into VA state law.

18. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Why not? Obamacare makes sure everybody has health insurance when they need medical care. It doesn't force you to get medical care. The Cons/RWers in the VA legislature are mandating unnecessary medical care that affects women only. Apples and oranges.

19. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Well, when you have one in your womb, you can protect its rights instead of your own.

20. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

The State of Virginia does not want to pass it. The slim majority of religious nutters in the Legislature - supported by 31% of the people of Virginia - wants to pass it. Why would the State be in danger of being sued without such a law? :confused:

Abortion IS legal and women who want/need an abortion are entitled to have one safely and legally without some pious do-gooders sticking their noses into situations that have nothing to do with them.

21. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

But not the right of the child to have health care? Or after school programs? Or free lunches at school? Exactly which rights of the child ARE you in favor of?

22. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

No sex. That should lead to some healthy, happy marriages.

23. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

The Catholic Church doesn't allow that, do they?

24. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

WTF does one have to do with the other?

25. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

He won't be - he'll just go out and get somebody else pregnant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.