Fertility Rates and Ethnic Resentment

Discussion in 'Race Relations' started by Anders Hoveland, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Different racial/ethnic groups have different fertility rates, and often these differences can be very significant. Some groups of people have many more babies than other groups of people, and this often contributes to ethnic resentment. Different ethnic groups often have different political interests, and higher fertility rates can alter the balance of power within the time frame of a few decades. Certain ethnic groups may make accusations that it is "not fair", or accuse women from another ethnicity of having too many babies with reckless abandon. This certainly can make a large segment of a society reluctant to provide help to its poor.

"Control, or the claim of control, over the means of reproduction has been more fundamental to history than control of the means of production"
    — R. McElbaine, "Eve’s Seed: Biology, the Sexes & Course of History"

"We must understand that the most potent weapons of war are the penis and the womb. Therefore, if you cannot convince a group to control its population by discussion, debate, intelligent analysis etc., you must consider their action in using the penis & the womb to increase population, an Act of War."
    — Judge Jason G. Brent, "Humans: An Endangered Species"

In "Narrow Roads of Gene Land" (volume 2) W. D. Hamilton argues that a basic cause of racism — and, particularly, of ethnically motivated genocide — is a differential birth rate between groups.
    "I suggested it might be useful for us to discuss the psychology of population situations and to give special attention to those where closely placed or intermixed distinct groups had strikingly different rates of increase. In particular, it might be useful to consider what this might do to competitive birth rates and aggressive instincts connected with population perceptions. . . . we were all expected, as a result of population genetical processes—natural selection in fact— to have psychological biases that wouldn't necessarily be easily visible on the surface but whose reality would come to the fore in situations where these rapid changes in a population's composition were imminent. There was a matter of within, and between-group variances involved here, this applying to the very genes that made us. It wasn't necessary to such ideas, I added, that shortages of land or whatever would be apparent right when divisive psychology took effect; it would be in this nature of the group psychology to anticipate what might be about to happen. . . . If we really wanted to understand why population is a difficult issue to discuss and to do anything about it in the world, I continued . . . , it is very essential that we understand the evolutionary forces that have moulded reproductive and territorial psychology in humans— the features must be old, of course, started doubtless mainly in our Old Stone Age past. If we wanted to recommend policies to affect population trends in any direction today, we perhaps needed to discuss first the underlying motivations that all people had to possess— that must be there from the very fact that they themselves came form successful parentage and successful families of the past."

"Increase of Ashkenazi Jews in eastern Europe in the span of the nineteenth century is said to have been almost fourfold (S. Jones, In the Blood: God, Genes and Destiny (HarperCollins, London, 1996)). This implies a doubling about every generation. Very surprisingly this fact seems almost never to be discussed as part causative background to the holocaust, an omission that continues even when claims of group competition are the focus (K. MacDonald, Separation and its Discontents (Praeger, Wesport, CT, 1998))."

In South Africa, before the end of the white Apartheid government, The African National Congress (ANC) initially resorted to violence, intimidation, and terrorist tactics to consolidate power among the various Black factions. Reproduction was seen as one of the strategies to obtain an advantage in the conflict, and indeed the ANC eventually was able to consolidate power and obtain a virtual monopoly of power over South Africa. The ANC Youth League, composed of young men between 16 and 25 years old, brutally suppressed all opposition, using stabbings, and burning suspected opponents and small business owners alive by placing their body inside a rubber tire and igniting it with petrol. In the Province of Lebowa, for example, 72% of the total population were less than 20 years old.

Black girls were coerced to attend evening political assemblies: “They would come into the house and tell us we should go. They didn't ask your mother they just said 'come let's go'. You would just have to go with them. They would threaten you with their belts and ultimately you would think that if you refused, they would beat you. Our parents were afraid of them”. All those opposing the wishes of the young men were reminded, that it was every woman’s obligation to give birth to new “soldiers”, in order to replace those warriors killed in the liberation struggle. The idiom of the adolescents referred to these patriotic efforts as “operation production”. Because of exactly this reason it was forbidden for the girls to use contraceptives. Delius 1996:189; Niehaus 1999:250

For Hispanic fertility rates in the USA, more can be read here:
    http://www.politicalforum.com/united-states/224513-get-ready-out-control-population-growth.html

"Multiculturalism, and Ethnic Conflict: A Rent-Seeking Perspective", Evan Osborne, Kyklos, Volume 53, Issue 4, pages 509–526, November 2000
    http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/1467-6435.00131/abstract

2. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

"be fruitful and multiply" is very important for any nation. If we have segments in our society that conflict with the nation---and that segment multiplies at a faster rate---then eventually they win....unless the conflicting culture is assimilated away.

I'm always astounded at the Amish. Their population now as opposed to just 100 years ago is incredible. Pretty soon we might all be Amish here.

3. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I am not doubting this study, it would not be that big of a surprise. But do you have a link or source?
    Black men have higher levels of testosterone and more muscle mass, and are therefore statistically more attractive to females from other races, much to the chagrin of Black women (see http://www.politicalforum.com/race-relations/212513-unintended-consequences-plight-black-women.html )
    But of course this attraction is almost entirely sexual lust. I strongly suspect that Norwegian women would much more strongly prefer to form romantic relationships with ethnically Norwegian men, than with Africans. Interracial relationships are usually just about sex, not love.

4. Veni-Vidi-Feces

Veni-Vidi-Feces New Member

I can't believe in the 21st century there are opinions like this... you sound cliche racist circa 19th century, next your going to spout off about the cranium shape and the importance of phrenology.

5. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

6. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

You shared some of your pictures of interracial relationships, now let me share one of mine:
    (click on image to enlarge)

youfailedyourdaughter.jpg

7. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I guess the penis mightier than the sword! :p

8. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

Some try to make the argument that every individual should have the same rights, and that it would be unfair to give some individuals preference over others.
    Here is a thought: Should every race have the same rights? Would it not be unfair to give some races preference over others?
    What if one race is reproducing at twice the rate of another race? If each individual is given the same rights, does that not mean that one race is being given preference over the other? What I am saying is that allocating rights with regards merely to the individual is inherently unfair.
    There is a limited quantity of natural resources, job opportunity, and scarce housing near the job opportunity. Giving preference to one racial group over another, just because it has a higher fertility rate, is going to hurt the other racial group, perhaps even with the potential to drive it to extinction.

I say there is no objective reason why the rights of the human individual should be recognised, while the rights of an ethnicity as a group should be ignored.
    The United Nations "Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination" is tantamount to genocide!

I would be open to any plan that would encourage the preservation of all ethnicities, especially mine. But I must oppose any efforts to completely ignore the rights of ethnic groups in favor of individual rights. If each individual is entitled to the same rights, then certain ethnicities should NOT be entitled to reproduce more individuals than other ethnicities.

9. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

Maybe you should ask yourself, why don't white women want babies?

10. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I think this is gobble de gook..................

Look at any US census from the 1850s.. We were agrarian.. and big families were the norm... 6-7-10 children was not at all unusual.

11. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

It could be the inadequacies of their Men ...

12. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

Or their women..

13. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sometimes you have to be the Teacher, if you have something to Teach and the Tools of The Trade ... if yea know what I mean? :)

14. J0NAH

J0NAH Banned

True but also you have to appreciate that maybe white women are not suitably adapted to having numerous children, something to do with physiology like a narrow pelvis idk lol. Jus throwing that out there.

15. AGS

AGS New Member

Totally biased opinion on black men, you forgot one thing. What about black men's brains? What innovative progress did they contribute to hunanity? Besides every race has potential to excercise intellectual endeavors however the environmental surroundings can be an obstacle such as not having a healthy family or being in a ghetto..