Republicans are the party of racism

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Ronstar, Aug 22, 2013.

1. goober

goober New Member

Which Johnson was that?
    When did he say it?
    Where did he say it?
    Who did he say it to?
    If you can't answer those questions, it's a pretty good indication that you have been made to look like a fool....

2. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

It's unnecessary to show you a change in the Republican platform, because it was a change in the Democratic platform that caused the shift (and because the Republican party did not make a similar change to their own platform).

You think the Democratic party supports racially charged laws? Question: how many Black Republicans have been elected to Congress in the last 50 years? In case you were wondering, that would 5 in 6 elections (as opposed to 99 in 100 elections for the Democrats).

Not sure how LBJ "blocked the civil rights act of 1957" when he was one of the few Southern Democrats to vote for it. Clearly you don't like Johnson, but he was far from the worst president in history. If not for him, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 would have never been passed. The n-word is a horrible word, but it wasn't uncommon for people to use that word in the South during LBJ's lifetime. My great-grandmother, born one year before LBJ in Platte County, Oklahoma, used to use the n-word. It was unfortunately common back then in the South, but I don't think my grandmother was a racist person and I don't think LBJ was either.

Racism did not become passe. It is still not passe and to claim otherwise is ludicrous. I'd like to see the statistics about the incidences of racial violence in the South compared to the North. I certainly don't believe that the percentage is higher in the North.

In 1957, there were only 6 Southern Republicans in Congress, 0 in the Senate. 5 out of the 6 voted against the CRA of 1957. In 1965, there were 18 Southern Republicans in Congress. 17 of those 18 voted against the Voting Rights Act of 1965. I'm not saying there was a huge influx of Southern Democrats in Congress switching parties, because party switching is not very common, especially for nationally recognized politicians, but as Southern Democrats retired or lost, they were steadily replaced by Republicans.

I'm not sure how you can claim that when the Republicans took control of the South, racism just kind of up and drifted away or moved to the North. I've seen no statistical evidence that supports that claim in any way. It has certainly gotten a lot better, but that doesn't mean it's gone.

3. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

My statistics were from 1957, not 1964, but now that you mention it: a large majority of Democrats that voted against the CRA of 1964 were from the South. In the House, 94% of Northern Democrats voted in favor of the law (as opposed to 85% of Northern Republicans), while 93% of Southern Democrats voted against it. There were only 10 Southern Republicans at the time in the House and they all voted against the law.

I'm aware Senator Gore voted against the Civil Rights Act of 1964. I discussed this in the earlier post, which you didn't address. Also, Senator Gore was one 3 Southern Democratic Senators who did not sign the Southern Manifesto, which was a document that opposed racial integration put together by 97 Southern Democrats and 2 Southern Republicans in Congress. LBJ was another Southern Democratic Senator that did not sign.

First you said Kennedy voted no, now you're saying he voted neither yes nor no. So which is it? I'm not sure what you are talking about with the "procedural vote." I already sent you the voting list from 1957. It clearly lists Kennedy as voting 'aye.' End of story.

4. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

The amount of republicans taking offcie in the south has a very strong negative correlation with the amount of hate crimes committed there according to the FBI. (Google FBI hate crime heat map esquire magazine)

Blacks have begun leaving the north in favor of the south since the republicans took over.

Race riots still occur, on democrat run turf mainly if not only.

The republicans have stood for equality under the law and still do. There was no change necessary.

Democrats switched from laws with white preference to laws that are supposed to favor blacks and other minority ethnic groups. The distinctions are made solely on skin color, and this type of racial legislation is what we have seen from the democrat party since Jackson. They are failure best use they impose a false sense of inferiority.

5. johnmayo

“I’ll have those (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)s voting Democratic for the next 200 years.” —Lyndon B. Johnson to two governors on Air Force One -

“These Negroes, they’re getting pretty uppity these days and that’s a problem for us since they’ve got something now they never had before, the political pull to back up their uppityness. Now we’ve got to do something about this, we’ve got to give them a little something, just enough to quiet them down, not enough to make a difference.”—LBJ

[video]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rIDmDWSms&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dr1r IDmDWSms[/video]

6. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

A negative correlation with what?

So?

Prove it.

This section I shouldn't even really address, because you're just throwing a bunch of words together. There is no actual substance and nothing to back it up with. And please don't compare the Democratic party of Andrew Jackson to the Democratic party of today. It is no more the same than Lincoln's Republicans and Mitt Romney's Republicans (or even Nixon's Republicans).

7. johnmayo

"You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent." -Senator Joe Biden

Mahatma Gandhi "ran a gas station down in Saint Louis."

-Senator Hillary Clinton

"You f*cking Jew b@stard." -- Hillary Clinton to political operative Paul Fray. This was revealed in "State of a Union: Inside the Complex Marriage of Bill and Hillary Clinton" and has been verified by Paul Fray and three witnesses.

'Hymies.' 'Hymietown.' -- Jesse Jackson's description of New York City while on the 1984 presidential campaign trail.

"There are white n*ggers. I've seen a lot of white n*ggers in my time." -- Former Klansman and Current US Senator Robert Byrd, a man who is referred to by many Democrats as the "conscience of the Senate" in March of 2001

(His other stuff is equally vile)

8. johnmayo

9. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

Source?

Source?

Yes he used the N-word. As a Southerner from Texas, not exactly unusual at the time. And if you listen, he's actually talking about proving that the poll tax is discriminatory so he can ban it (which he ultimately did with the 24th Amendment).

10. johnmayo

Just though you would like to hear him say it in person. Also, you get to hear demicrats bring up phony racial charges like they have today. Both sources come from a book they had witnesses. Google the quote posted and you can find the authors name. Ray Or something like that.

What do you think about his filibustering in 1957. Big conspiracy too?

11. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Abe Lincoln became a republican and freed the slaves.Blacks were traditional
    Republicans up until the time L.B.J. took over.It might have been his Great Society
    bullcrap that won them over ... I dunno.Blacks are very impressionable.
    Once a black likes something it's pretty much part of their lifestyle.Like Gold
    or Cadillacs or Gin.Almost impossible to wean them off what is perceived as
    Likeable in the black community.Liberals are very aware of that.That is why
    guys like Bob Beckle act the way they do towards minorities.Liberals have been
    pandering to blacks { like an Al Sharpton } for a reason.So they can use them for
    votes come general election time.That is why all this Faux hoopla over at MSNBC
    concerning voting rights.It's s scam to make it seem like Democrats really care
    about the human condition of Blacks.

12. Of Raith

Of Raith New Member

Republicans under Abraham Lincoln were the driving force behind the abolition of slavery.

13. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

I highly doubt that. And since you provided absolutely ZERO evidence, I'm just going to move on.

Seriously? The Republicans have control of the South now - still the poorest region in the United States. Many African Americans moved to the North to find economic opportunities in big cities.

As of 2012, these are the Top 10 poorest states.
    1. Mississippi (former Confederate state)
    2. West Virginia
    3. Arkansas (former Confederate state)
    4. Kentucky
    5. Alabama (former Confederate state)
    6. Tennessee (former Confederate state)
    7. Louisiana (former Confederate state)
    8. New Mexico
    9. South Carolina (former Confederate state)
    10. Oklahoma
    http://247wallst.com/special-report/2012/09/20/americas-poorest-states-2/3/

1970 - Augusta, GA
    1970 - Jackson, MS
    1972 - Pensacola, FL
    1980, 1989, 1991, 1995 - Miami, FL
    1989 - Virginia Beach, VA
    1995 - St. Petersburg, FL

We certainly differ on how we view affirmative action. In my opinion it is neither racist nor negative discrimination. But what is this "etc." you are referring to?

14. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

I'm not surprised he said it, he was from Texas. Not unusual.
    But show me the sources then. You're the one making the claim. It's not my job to prove what you say.

LBJ didn't filibuster in 1957, Strom Thurmond did. LBJ voted in favor of the CRA of 1957. http://www.govtrack.us/congress/votes/85-1957/s75

15. Smash23

Smash23 New Member

I'm aware that Republicans were the party of African Americans up until the 1940's, 50's and 60's. But that makes sense because in 1948 the Democratic party added a Civil Rights plank to their platform. Certainly they are going to vote for people that can do the most for them.

The rest of this post is racist crap. Black people are impressionable? What are they, children? Such ridiculousness.

Considering the number of African Americans elected from the Democratic party, what are they, pandering to themselves?

16. goober

goober New Member

I questioned a particular quote, because it has all the hallmarks of being fake.
    It only appears 30 or 40 years after the death of LBJ.
    There are supposedly two witnesses, and neither of them are named.

I am sure you could research the records and find a number of times when LBJ was on AF1 with 2 or more governors, and most if not all of those governors died before this quote appeared.

So who were the two governors?

The problem is this quote has no provenance, it just appeared, and it's too perfect for what it's used for.

17. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Take away the elitist white man vote, and what does the party have left? Not much. The right wing is definitely the most racist, without question. That's the main reason you always hear them whining about being called racist, and part of the reason they're all so very angry. Spoiled brats that are used to having everything their own way. It's being threatened now so, they want new rules now too.

18. johnmayo

As of 2012, these are the Top 10 poorest states.
    1. Mississippi (former Confederate state)
    2. West Virginia
    3. Arkansas (former Confederate state)
    4. Kentucky
    5. Alabama (former Confederate state)
    6. Tennessee (former Confederate state)
    7. Louisiana (former Confederate state)
    8. New Mexico
    9. South Carolina (former Confederate state)
    10. Oklahoma
    http://247wallst.com/special-report/2012/09/20/americas-poorest-states-2/3/

1970 - Augusta, GA
    1970 - Jackson, MS
    1972 - Pensacola, FL
    1980, 1989, 1991, 1995 - Miami, FL
    1989 - Virginia Beach, VA
    1995 - St. Petersburg, FL

We certainly differ on how we view affirmative action. In my opinion it is neither racist nor negative discrimination. But what is this "etc." you are referring to?[/QUOTE]

Rather them go step by step, I will just say "all those towns are run by democrats" and leave it at that. Them come back later an see if progress has been made. Most of those places even had democrat governors at the time. Republicans didn't win Florida until 1998

All of those states, without exception, were among the poorest when democrats left office in those states. But they are getting richer:

http://danieljmitchell.wordpress.co...tes-such-as-new-york-california-and-illinois/

The etc... Is about their double standard rhetoric and the like. Plus they have more policies then just those listed. They have discriminatory loan policies too.

What is negative vs positive discrimination? When does being discriminated against become a positive experience?

19. johnmayo

Here is some nice stats buddy:

racist+hate+crimes+graph.JPG

Updated again and in map form:

bigotry-map-2-0608-lg.jpg

This is at the state level, but when you get to the city level it gets much worse. After all, 100% of the 30 most dangerous cities in America are run by Democrats, and have been for some time.

20. johnmayo

Take away half the country, and what do they have? Not all that much. lol... They lead with white women too, for all educational levels and income levels, except the poorest of women, and even then they are fairly close:

http://www.people-press.org/2012/08/23/a-closer-look-at-the-parties-in-2012/

Without the minority pandering, what would have the Democrats have left?

21. johnmayo

The fastest growing states economically, (growth in income per capita since 1990)

Virginia 131.79%
    Kansas 131.98%
    New(*)Hampshire 132.55%
    Colorado 132.93%
    Utah 133.05%
    Minnesota* 134.54%
    New(*)Mexico 136.65%
    West(*)Virginia 138.83%
    Massachusetts* 139.89%
    Texas 140.27%
    Nebraska 140.38%
    Arkansas 141.10%
    Oklahoma 142.62%
    Iowa 142.80%
    Montana 143.52%
    Vermont 143.69%
    Mississippi 152.14%
    Louisiana 159.79%
    South(*)Dakota 171.60%
    Wyoming 171.75%
    Dist.(*)of(*)Col. 187.18%
    North(*)Dakota 227.07%

*MA and MN had best years under Republican Governors

6 of the top 20 states in growth - Democrat

14 of the top states growth wise - Republican

Worst 20 states:

(All below, or at about the average growth per capita of the US)

Nevada 86.41%
    Delaware 97.75%
    Michigan 100.32%
    Hawaii 101.78%
    Alaska 107.04%
    Florida 107.56%
    Georgia 109.92%
    California 110.38%
    Ohio 110.80%
    Indiana 111.42%
    Arizona 114.08%
    Illinois 115.09%
    North(*)Carolina 115.48%
    South(*)Carolina 116.27%
    Idaho 116.30%
    Oregon 116.74%
    New(*)York 119.72%
    New(*)Jersey 120.20%
    Missouri 122.10%
    Pennsylvania 124.44%
    Connecticut 124.86%

Republicans run 7 of the 20 slowest growing states. Democrats run 13 of them.

22. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

What they'd have left would be the biggest percentage of the populous, as opposed to the angry white man's GOP.

23. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

People register as "Republican" or "Democrat"....people don't register as "Democratic".

So it is the party of the "Democrats".

Who in the world would cry over calling it the "Democrat Party" ?
    Only an idiot.

Whiny hypersensitivity abounds, ffs....

24. johnmayo

Hey guy. Please go look up democrat party on wiki and try again. We don't think it is what they call themselves, just what they are called. Also known as leftivists, Lefters, libs, libbers, libbies, etc...

If you think banning the use of "democrat party" the way we ban the (*)(*)(*)(*) word or "(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*)(*) democrat piece of (*)(*)(*)(*)." Isn't hypersensitivity then let me know what would be.

- - - Updated - - -

No, that isn't true. Republicans beat democrats among white men and women. Racial politics is their only game.

25. Micketto

Micketto New Member Past Donor

I was making the point to those who whine about being called the "Democrat Party".
    I've heard this lame, pedantic defense before, so I assume Wiki shows the same...but I wasn't arguing with you.
    The "idiots" I referred to are the ones who go to so much effort to say there is no such thing, instead of addressing the points being made.
    "Trolls" is another word for them.

I think I already pointed out the hypersensitivity.
    Pretty sure we are in agreement here.

Not sure why you're offended, unless I was confusing in my response.
    I wasn't attacking your comments... I was addressing the ones you were also addressing.