Is America Starting Multiple Wars To Prevent Big Oil Nations From Going Gold Standard

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by woodystylez, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

I've read about that.

How do we become energy independent unless we nationalize the oil industry? Oil is and will be priced and traded globally.

Frankly, the lift costs for shale oil extraction is high. If we tried to make a play for energy dominance, it would only get OPEC pissed. They would in turn flood the market with cheaper oil than we could produce and shut our domestic industry down.

In spite of the cries for 'drill, baby, drill', we are not going to make oil cheaper. We are actually setting a higher floor for oil prices due to our higher extraction costs.

2. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

My info is visible with any of my posts. I live in Mississippi... right on the coast.

I don't see how anybody that grasps what is happening could remain trapped in a partisan bubble. We have to break free of that as it is all a distraction.

3. headhawg7

headhawg7 Well-Known Member

Another thing....as far as Libya they were actually going to use gold itself as a currency versus a currency backed by gold. There is a difference. I prefer the former.

4. headhawg7

headhawg7 Well-Known Member

I will send you a pm.

5. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

The United States does not go to war for petty reasons. If you are so cynical that you believe that, then maybe you have some serious mental issues that need checked out. Seriously.

There is no shadow cabal who runs the nation behind the scenes and treats our politicians and media like puppets. That is ridiculous on its face.There is no oil conspiracy, and there is no conspiracy to stop nations from going back to a gold standard.

6. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

After reading this my immediate thought was, "Could this be why Romney and Obama were talking about China manipulating it's currency?" I googled it and what came up was this. http://www.onemint.com/2009/01/26/how-does-china-manipulate-its-currency/ The first paragraph talks about global banks and how government jumps in if their currency is threatened.

7. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Look, I understand resenting this idea because it is embraced by NWO conspiracy theorists. But you can't ignore the facts that are amounting here. To believe the United States never goes to war for petty reasons is more of a conspiracy theory than what I posted. Or maybe you haven't noticed Republicans screaming at Democrats about the unnecessary bombing of Libya and Democrats screaming at Republicans about the unnecessary war in Iraq.

Take your time to read my entire post. Do the research. Everything there is proveable with fact. Let your first search be, "Proof Gadaffi was killing his people" Go from there.

8. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

China has been reducing its US debt holdings while, in 2011, the biggest buyer of US debt was the Federal Reserve. IOW, we are buying our own debt.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702304450004577279754275393064.html

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2011-10/20/c_131201416.htm

9. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Well I haven't watched your video, but I kind of doubt it. First of all, Europe buys most of Libya and Syrian oil. I think we have had an embargo with Stria for years.
    We buy little if any oil from Iran. I do remember that the government was worried that Iran had switched from the dollar to the Euro and was trying to get OPEC to follow suit. Besides, we have found so much oil in America, they saw we could be the leading oil producer in the world in just a few short years. So if we are starting wars in the Middle East over gold, it must be to help out Europe, not the US.

10. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

11. Marine1

US predicted to be world's largest oil producer by 2017 - CSMonitor ...

www.csmonitor.com/USA/.../US-predicted-to-be-world-s-largest-oil-...

23 hours ago – America is expected to surpass Russia as the largest gas producer by 2015, and Saudi Arabia as the world's top oil producer by 2017. ... will come very close to achieving a previously unthinkable energy self-sufficiency. ... a continued fall in US oil imports with North America becoming a net oil exporter by ...

As you can see, this is what I mean.

12. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

I respect that perspective. Again I was just looking into this and have lots of questions also. But there are so many facts here it has to be taken seriously. There has always been a big hole in politics that no one could explain. But after considering this is a possibility everything meshed and made sense. I couldn't disprove any of this.

13. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

I don't think the Gold Standard is specifically what most of OPEC has considered. The most common alternative proposed was the Euro, but now that Europe is having financial troubles, the dollar seems safe at the moment.

Iran is about the only major oil producer that still prefers the Euro right now.

14. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Your link is down but I totally understand what you are getting at. It was one of my first thoughts too. But if OPEC is using gold for oil trading then that makes Rothschild unhappy. The argument is that Rothschild is pulling the strings on this, not sure how true that is. I haven't seen proof of that.

15. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Can anyone name a Sunni controlled country that the US has taken down or is acting belligerent to?

16. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

This was brought up earlier by garyd. I'll just copy and paste my answer to him here.

17. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

The majority of Afghanis are Sunni.

18. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

I want to note that I personally added "big oil countries" to this argument. I just used the statistics that these countries are big oil countries. Maybe this is just coincidence. More is on the video.

19. woodystylez

woodystylez Banned

Here is a shorter video. Less facts but shows the same thing.

[video=youtube;GuqZfaj34nc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuqZfaj34nc[/video]

20. Marine1

I don't think Syria is a big oil country. As a matter of fact Iraq had a illegal pipeline going to Syria during the embargo of Iraq that was never discovered until after the invasion. I don't think Syria exports that much.

21. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

I totally buy it. I'm not saying it's necessarily the case, but it makes sense, and I wouldn't rule it out.

22. Marine1

Since you mentioned Syria, Libya and Iran, three oil exporters, but countries we really don't import from. Maybe our foreign policy towards those countries has more to do with Israel than oil, gold, or currency? What do you think?

23. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Israel? They're more than capable of handling those 3 countries, I don't think that's it.

24. The XL

The XL Well-Known Member

Doesn't go to war for petty reasons? Seriously? Every war we've been in since WW2 was either totally unnecessary and unwarranted or caused by blowback. And that's funny coming from you anyway, you're totally mental.

Global banks run the country. Perhaps they're not totally in the shadows, but they aren't who we elected to represent us.

25. Marine1

I don't know. All three are sworn enemies of Israel and Syria has close connections with Hespollah, another sworn enemy of Israeil. If a war was to break out between Iran and Israel, you can bet Syria and Hezbollah would joing right in being on the border of Israel. One only has to remember the last Arab war with Israel, they won, but were almost defeated. Now the Arabs have rockets and missiles that they didn't have before. To get rid of the heads of state of Syria, and Libya and get in a much friendlier heads of state would take away the threat of two countries right on Israel's border. As Hesbollah would not have Syria to help supply weapons to them. That would only leave Iran and maybe Egypt now that it has an Islam government. Egypt gets billions from us each year to keep the peace, they may not join in on a war with Iran and Israel.

I just don't think our policies towards those countries is because of gold for oil, as we get little to none of oil from them. Unless we are doing it to help out Europe who does import a lot of oil. Or because we are afraid it will spread to other oil producers. Still that would effect Europe more than us.