Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Yet it's wise to have this medical procedure done (invasive or not). So being against vaginal ultrasound
    merely on the grounds of being invasive is ridiculous as ALL medical procedures are (abortions certainly are "invasive"...I don't see a call for an end to abortions on those grounds).

The left has to pick an argument and stick with it.

2. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Transvaginal ultrasound with no exception for victims of rape or incest:

3. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

So you can't quote where in the law it REQUIRES a trans-vaginal sonogram.

4. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I could if I wanted to take the time to look up the law which I don't. There isn't a final version of it and I don't know if the original was put online or not.

You know, don't you, that the law as it is NOW dropped the transvaginal sonogram requirement due to the outcry against conservatives. However it DID require one in the original bill. I haven't heard that they've changed it to make an exception for victims of rape and incest so I assume that's still in there.

5. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

There is no state or federal law requiring you to have your chest cut open with a buzz saw, dude. Look it up. Where do you guys get this stuff?

6. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Its always extremes with you libs. women who have been raped etc. Can you tell me how many raped women become pregnant. thanks

7. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

What?? Who is advocating cutting someone's chest open with a buzz saw? What are you smoking?
    What does this mess have to do with anything?

8. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

What do you think open heart surgery entails? A gentle massage?

9. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

Oh, I see what you are trying to do now. You are saying heart surgery is not mandated so why should transvaginal ultrasound be? This is the ultimate, I think, in apples vs. oranges arguments.
    One has nothing to do with the other.

10. Bluesguy

All you are posting is pure conjecture, the law doesn't require it and no one has shown where it does.

11. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

Only a liberal would confuse open heart surgery to an ultrasound.

12. Bluesguy

But it does require them to show you sonograms and xrays and electrocardiogram results and fully explain what the proceedure is and what will happen and then you have to sign forms stating they have done all of that.

13. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Yes, dear. You know best, dear. It's never true unless YOU say it is, dear.

14. Bluesguy

And you still can't support your assertion, are we to just believe YOU know best?

Your assertion back it up.

15. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Err...

Your logic or lack of logic surrounding invasive procedures makes no sense. Face it. Making a law mandating that doctors stick a probe up women's vaginas for no reason is stupid. Don't defend it.

16. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I live in Virginia. I know what's going on here. It's also on all the news programs and all over the internet. If you haven't been able to find anything on it, that denotes a problem - and if you aren't able to Google your own information, you'll just have to take other people's word for it.

The Republicans in the Legislature dropped their "personhood bill" which would have called a fertilized egg a "person" and which had already been passed in the Senate like a hot potato today in the face of all the wrath they were facing at the Capitol Bldg. (*)(*)(*)(*)ed pansy cowards.

I honestly don't know what they thought they were doing. Every RWer who tried to pay back the religious nutters who put them in office by declaring open war on women's rights won't have to worry about it after the next election - they'll all be gone. They obviously thought Liberal women would sit back and accept their dictates like they've trained their own women to do and have just gotten the surprise of their lives. Lmfao!

17. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

But you have to know about the heart surgery before you have it, so you should be forced to watch open heart surgery because only then can you make an informed decision!

18. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

19. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Every 45 seconds someone in the United States is sexually assaulted

According to my hasty calculations, that's 8 women every hour and 192 every 24 hours. If 1 out of 15 get pregnant (and possibly an STD) that's 12 women a day? 4380 a year? And if the woman gets pregnant, it's because the rapist didn't use a condom so it's more likely she'll also get an STD? And if he gives her AIDS which could be passed on to the baby if she delivers it, then that's no reason to have an abortion - especially if she's only 12 years old?

The obtuseness and lack of empathy of the Right is sickening.

20. Agent_286

Agent_286 New Member

1) Virginia tried to pass the invasive type of ultrasound, the female that sponsored the bill knew it was invasive. A few minutes before it was to be voted on, the Gov. said that the government had no right to force a woman to do an invasive ultrasound and had it changed to an outer abdominal ultrasound. The reasons for the ultrasound is to have proof of pregnancy before the abortion takes place, that it is not an ectopic pregnancy that would jeopardize the female's life, and the legal aspects of the abortion itself, pertaining to lawsuits. That is what got passed.

The Democrats are still not happy with that saying that the legislature passing the law with not even having the opportunity to see the bill is wrong. That forcing a woman to watch the ultrasound while a doctor explains to her what the screen is representing is unconstitutional and discriminatory, and is actually trying to make her change her mind.

2) That is right, it is awful that whacked-out pro-lifers can make a woman lie still, holding her hostage while they preach to her trying to plant the seed of guilt in her...in a token attempt to brutalize her for even thinking of getting an abortion...
    purely because THEY don't believe in abortion.

This is not over...the people of Virgiinia will speak at the polls, and women in America will see this election yearly assault upon women's right to choose is purely for political reasons...a surefire way to infuse the red-necks who say they are no longer interested in the republican candidates and will stay home rather than vote.

21. Bluesguy

Then you know the bill up for a vote does not require trans-vaginal.

This bill does not deny any "right" to a woman. Sonograms are already done as a matter of course.

Why do you want women to not be fully informed when they are going to kill their baby?

22. Bluesguy

PP requires a sonogram now and according to your side the only way to do that in the early stages is trans-vaginal.

So is PP forcing women to under go an invasive procedure and denying them their rights?

23. Taxcutter

Taxcutter New Member

Compared to national debt and federal spending this "issue" is a tempest in a teapot.

24. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I know that it DID require transvaginal in its original form and I know why it no longer does. Our dear governor took a look out the window at the women standing in the snow and looked at the polls showing 67% of Virginians AGAINST the bill and decided he'd be hurting his VP aspirations if he didn't do something quick and told the Legislature to change it. I guess his desire to be VP greatly outweighs his desire to outlaw abortion?

Then explain to me why this bill is necessary. If it's already being done, why is it necessary to make a law to FORCE it to be done at the woman's expense?

What's wrong with you people? Do you really think it's humane to tell a 12-year-old pregnant rape victim that she's going to go to Hell if she aborts her rapist's baby? Or a woman who's decided to have an abortion because ultrasounds have already shown that her WANTED baby is grossly deformed and will require a lifetime of hospitalization and millions of dollars in healthcare and may not survive anyway? And you want her to be forced to LOOK at it one more time to sear the horrible experience into her soul? Why would any normal person do that to someone?

I hope you all will spare me any more of this "respect for human life" crap. If you had respect for human life, you'd have respect for the humans ALREADY LIVING and would leave them to make their own decisions rather than trying to inflict as much unnecessary pain on them as possible.

25. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Your post is so full of bull (*)(*)(*)(*)...How many 12 year olds are pregnant rape victims? You know (*)(*)(*)(*) well it is WOMEN who just want an abortion!!!

You just want abortion on demand, no tests, no questions asked....walk in and have a 20 minute abortion and on your way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.