The demise of the Labor Party in Australia.

Discussion in 'Australia, NZ, Pacific' started by mister magoo, Apr 17, 2012.

1. culldav

culldav Well-Known Member

I’m simply at a loss as to why Australians are allowing these cretins to throw this kind of money away when this country is falling behind the rest of the world in so many ways.

I would to think we can place ALL the blame on politicians for their bad behaviour, but we the voters must accept some of the responsibility also - we vote them into power and allowed them the power to legislate and manipulate changes to the system they want, and we have allowed them to do this for decades without murmur or saying anything against it.

Its time we stopped being blind, helpless sheep and started to take our country back, by taking back the power they gave themselves. Its a fairly simple process, if you don't like what they are doing, then don't vote for them.

2. Diuretic

Diuretic Well-Known Member

Falling behind? Falling behind whom? Europe is in recession due to its austerity measures, probably will end up in depression at this rate. The US has avoided the austerity trap of Europe but has severe economic problems and its political leadership is incapable of resolving the economic crisis, primarily due to a politically partisan problem where Congress is not doing its job because the GOP wants the White House. Australia has none of these problems. I mean, really, okay to complain but where are your facts?

3. culldav

Australia’s rail infrastructure is pathetic, and nearly comparable to that of 3rd world countries.
    Australia has no real mental health care.
    Australia has no real dental health care for the aged and poor.
    Australia has an average 300,000 homeless.
    Australia’ main roads compared to most countries are a joke.
    Australia’ education curriculum is falling behind recognised standards.
    Australia’s medical/hospital system is falling behind recognised standards.

With the above happening in Australia, you think its okay for the Australian tax payers to be giving foreign BANKS $7billion? LOL LOL

Since when did the rest of the world just encompass the USA and Europe?

4. Diuretic

Our rail infrastructure truly is pathetic. Now why is that?

No real mental health care. Could not agree more with you, it’s a bloody tragedy. Now why is that?

No dental care for the aged and poor. Again, totally agree. Again I have to ask that annoying question. Why is that?

Homeless. Same responses.

Roads. Same responses.

Education. Same responses.

Medical/hospital, not so sure about that. Medicare is good policy but I think it and the health sector generally need more money. Why aren’t they getting it?

China seems to be going okay, but there are troubling social issues for them and of course the spectre of corruption is always present. India seems to be going okay if you’re in the few percent who are wealthy, if you’re poor you’re pretty well screwed and if you’re a peasant you’re really in trouble. Japan is still having economic problems.

We could go through the world I suppose but it would prove nothing.

Australia is better off than the US and Europe. Australia is much like Canada in that regard, we both have resource-based economies (although I think Canada has a stronger manufacturing sector than we do) and both have well-regulated banking systems that stood up to the pressure of the GFC.

But back to the points you raised. The overweening problem I see there is the existence of the States in this fractured Commonwealth. Get rid of them, they are anachronisms in a modern world.

5. culldav

I agree that Australians are over Governed. If we take education as just one example, you move across a line on a map and the whole curriculum is different. That just antiquated bull-shyte and all states within Australia need to come under one umbrella.

I have always believed that Australia would be better with one centralised Government. The saving alone from abolishing the States and territories would save us tens of billions.

6. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

"Australia is better off than the US and Europe"....

Puleeease, gimme a break....every time an argument crops up about world economies, people trot out the old chesnut...
    "Ooooh but we're better off than so-and-so..."

The fact remains that our politicians are incompetent...(Labor, that is...both Federal and State)

If our politicians were doing such a great job, then Anna Bligh would still be in power, and Gillards
    Trollmeter (Popularity Poll) would be off the chart...its not....its sinking into Trollmud.....

7. Diuretic

Absolutely it would. But there would be other gains too. The current blue over the Murray-Darlng for example.

8. culldav

I know for a fact that Australian "is not" better off than most countries in Europe, because I have family living in two countries over there. When one visited just last year, they were astonished how high our cost of living was compared to them.

And yes you are right, if we were in such good financial shape, we certainly wouldn't be needing to borrow $100million a day - now would we...plus the Government would have a high approval rating.

9. slipperyfish

slipperyfish Well-Known Member

Yes totally agree.

Jesus all agreeing, could be the end of the forum !!! LOL.

10. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Saw on tv the other day that a 40 year Labor veteran...cant remember his name....was saying that Labor
    needs urgent medical attention...starting with "an amputation at the top"....gotta laugh at that one...

Thompson and Slipper have been punted..the Independents are hated in their own Electorates....(Oak(*)(*)(*)(*) and
    the other muppets...)

As the Trollmeter sinks lower and lower we are deafened by the silence of the Labor supporters.....where are you ???

11. dumbanddumber

dumbanddumber New Member

Well i'm an ex-labor support, this is the first time i will be voting liberal in my life.

I think Ju-Liar Gilard and Bob Brown with the introdution of the carbon tax are going to destroy both their parties.

If the liberals didn't attack,

Schools
    Hospitals - medicare
    and the average mans working conditions

I could vote for them always.

So i guess there will come a time again when i will vote for labor but not at the next election.

Priority one for all Australians should be to get rid of the financial slavery that is the carbon tax.

After that i will reasses.

I just hope Mr.speedos keeps his promise.:spin:

12. slipperyfish

slipperyfish Well-Known Member

To be honest with you I think the current working conditions for the average worker hasn't improved under Labor the working mans party. I know that miners aren't your average worker, but I know a lot of blokes who had brokered deals with their mines that lost a lot of money when Labor re instated their own workplace doctrine. Some were out of pocket up to $ 30,000. I know qualified tradies that had brokered deals under the Libs contract system that also lost thousands when we changed government. There doesn't seem to be a happy medium between the two parties. Probably because neither listen to the people.

It has always been the case that Labor are more social policy than economically responsible, and the Libs are the opposite. What is the chances we can start a party that takes the best of each and amalgamate it. LOL. I have always said let Labor come up with the idea and let the Libs implement it and cost it out.

13. culldav

Unfortunately, expecting or even thinking a parasite pollie will keep their promise is just like expecting or thinking you will get a Lotto win every week - the odds are just simply against it. They will tell you just about anything to get their pictures on PM alley in Parliament House. Truthfully; I wouldn’t trust any current pollie from “any” political party or Independent to came and feed my dog.

The ALP is controlled by the Union mafia and back-room thugs who’s sole purpose is to make themselves financially affluent and have the highest social recognicion, all at the workers financial expense - as we have just seen with Thompson. No one within the ALP or the Union want to take any responsibility for missing Union fees amounting to $100,000 used by someone accessing a Union credit card who was buying the services of prostitutes. This is just the “tiny” tip of the iceberg that “WE” have heard about, just imagine all the money that gets squandered on these “thugs” private pleasure that we never get to hear about - but union members are paying for.

With all the corruption surrounding unions these days; anyone who pays into a union is a backward moron who wants to be part of an organisation just to fit it, but doesn’t understand what they are really about and what they stand for.

14. aussiefree2ride

aussiefree2ride New Member

I just hope you aren`t talking about the lump at the front!

not serious

15. culldav

Abbott did tell Kerry O’Brian not to believe anything he say’s unless its written down on paper…

We all know what politicians are, and we have all been waring and seen the adds regarding con-men - consumer beware. The same applies to voting for lowlife pollies - voters beware.

The people cannot keep blaming politicians, when the people keep voting in the same idiots and somehow expect they will change. There’s an old adage: “A leopard never changes its spots”.

16. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Off topic a bit, but here is an example of how the bureaucrats and politicians are pulling the wool over our eyes.

A friend of mine recently graduated from the Police Academy in Oxley, Qld. He then commenced duty at a suburban station, where
    one of the standing orders was that under no circumstances was any officer to involve him/herself in the arrest of bikies.
    They were simply to take down the make and rego number of the vehicle/bike concerned if it was a traffic offence, and the details
    were to be reported to their superiors.....why no arrest....??

The general concensus would probably be...well there was 20 bikies and only two of us....all hell would break loose...

Close, but no cigar....the reason no arrests take place is that it is common knowledge amongst Police that the height and weight
    qualifications have been watered down so much in recent times, that some of the Qld Police are no bigger than a jockey...
    Therefore to protect their members, and to comply with OH and S guidelines...the Police are restricted
    from arrests where bikies are concerned....

And to make it more laughable, Premier Newman comes out and "toughens up" the gun laws....

What we really need is for the whimps, male and female, to be weeded out at the Academy, so as each Constable can
    rely on the partners in an arrest situation, rather than just ignoring it...

aaaah well...as most Aussies say...."she'll be right mate...."

No...it wont be right until the people begin rebelling.....will that happen....somehow, I dont think so....

17. culldav

Your story comes as no great surprise Magoo - with politicians and bureaucrats contemptuously treating the people like “mushrooms”.

A long time ago, my partner worked for DOCS. There was one client who resided on a property, and certain staff had to traverse a 200 meter dirt driveway to conduct regular visits. I have to admit, I saw this driveway and have driven down it. It was very accessible and safe during wet or dry conditions. One senior staff member complained, and within 3 weeks a new Subaru Impreza WRX 4x4 was purchased JUST to drive down this single dirt driveway. Probably cost the tax payers around $50,000.

I might add that this client was seen for a one hour visit every four weeks.

I have no idea why this particular vehicle was chosen as the Government had no contractual arrangements with Subaru. I suppose the vehicle was purchased for no other reason besides fat-arse wanting to be seen around town driving around in a work supplied WRX.

If only the tax payer KNEW how much money these politicians and their incompetent bureaucrat mates waste - they would be simply astonished.

As you said, they are lowering the standard on just about everything, because they just don’t know how to Govern this country in the 21st Century based on their antiquated 18th century model.

18. philxx

philxx New Member

130years of the social democratic and we end up with a disaster ,so you want to try it again ,OK,what about we try the alternative to social democracy and the Impossible reform of Capitialism .

Well ,you may ask what is the OTHER form of Working Class Party ,that wouls be the Revolutionary perspective.And the overthrown of the Capitialist governments and sytem they defend.

One of the Objective indicators of a Coming Revolutionary period ,is the collapse of the old political formations of Class rule .

Now the ALP hasn't just had a bad result ,they will barely constitute a functional political party after the next General Federal Election.Now the problem there for Australian Capitialism is of course the main political formation on which they rely is ,well finished as a political formation they can rely upon!

Cool hey ,Good riddence of the putrid oppurtunist rubbish the ALP.

And the Lib\nats ,are so scary NOT!

19. culldav

Gillard/brown have Australia in debt for $200billion plus dollars, and are borrowing an additional $100million per day. They gave the UN $500million for a climate start up fund; donating $4billion in free aid per year; just gave the IMF (International Monetary Fund - International bankers) $7billion, and promised the UN 10% of all revenue raised for Australia’s carbon tax.

May I ask you, what do you expect or want the coalition to do, considering they left office with a $30billion surplus and the $0 debt?

20. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

I think most Australians know that the cycle is "Labor stuffs it up - Coalition come in and
    rectify everything...."

Nothing ever changes....only the names and faces.....

21. aussiefree2ride

Our Police Farce has been eroded by PC dreaming. The simple fact that Police need to be tough to do their job has been ignored, reality has fallen by the wayside. As to toughening gun laws, how dumb is that? Criminals who are planning violence don`t care about gun laws.

22. culldav

The police have been turned into politicians tax collectors. Put something hard & tough in front of them, and they run away like frightened little girls.

23. aussiefree2ride

Too many of them are frightened little girls. They like the uniform, and the swagger, but not the bruises. Not good enough.

24. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Heres another example of how the average punter gets ripped off in Australia.

Some years ago, when the GST came in, I telephoned the Department of Sports and Recreation and was referred
    to the Treasury Department to enquire of the following: (I was thinking of a reduction in Takeout Tax, therefore better
    dividends for punters)
    "When the GST comes in, will it at 10%, replace the Takeout Tax from TAB dividends of 17% or more..."
    For those that dont bet, each dividend has a takeout tax of about 14% to 17%, depending on what pool you are betting into, whether it be win or place or exotics....
    The answer was..."Oh no, the Federal Government and the State Governments have struck a deal so as the 10% GST runs alongside the remaining percentage to keep the takeout rates as they are because its too
    lucrative to change back to 10%....
    Once again we get screwed...oooh and by the way, if the dividend to the punter is say $3.98 after the takeout, it is then rounded down to $3.90, so we get screwed again....

Plus we still pay stamp duty as well as GST on various items........what a con that is.....

Aaaah well....she'll be right mate..."

PS I know the GST was introduced by the Coalition,...but it was a con, and it suckered us all.....

25. mister magoo

mister magoo New Member

Another con....

Did you know that State politicians superannuation yearly returns, if they dont reach a certain percentage...
    say 10%....if they reach say 8%, the balance is taken out of the Treasury to bump it up....

Aaaah well....She'll be right mate.....