Virginia Ultrasound Bill Passes In House

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Agent_286, Feb 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

First, nothing is being shoved up anyones ass. (hopefully you realize that babies come out of a vagina and not the rectal cavity)

Secondly, its not for a intervaginal ultrasound.

2. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

You ask why people are all up in arms and I answered with my opinion. It’s not necessary that you agree with my opinion … that’s why it’s called an opinion; sport. I personally hope the Conservative Nuts in the Republicans part continue to exert their will on the one of the largest Voting bocks in America.

It’s obvious; the Republicans Tent isn’t small enough now, who else do they need to screw with. That’s why they are falling back to trans-abdominal ultrasounds. My sister … who “is” an actual 20 Year veteran Ultrasound Stenographer knew this, interesting that the experts in the Virginia Legislature camp didn’t.

… and I’ll come back when I feel like it sport-o.

It’s really going to be a pleasure watching Republicans from now until November.

3. Cigar

Cigar Well-Known Member Past Donor

Sometimes I wonder ...

4. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

If it is, why is it necessary for the state to mandate it? :confused:

5. Rapunzel

Rapunzel New Member Past Donor

Because that is PP's standard and not all places that perform abortions. PP does it so they don't get sued. I'm sure that is why the VA legislator is wanting to adopt those standards.

6. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

The VA law just requires that it be done. The woman is NOT required to look at it or listen to a heartbeat if there is one. So what's the point? To put her in a position where she's forced to listen to a pro-lifer sermon whether she wants to or not?

7. Rapunzel

It's amazing isn't it?? Lefty is so worried about an ultrasound being invasive and traumatic but abortion is not???

If you are traumatized by an ultrasound, I don't think you could handle an abortion.

8. Rapunzel

Why does PP do it then? I'm sure it's not to put her in a position where she is forced to listen to an evil sadistic pro-lifer sermon.

9. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

PP isn't the only clinic that provides abortion services. If a woman doesn't want to have an ultrasound, she can go somewhere else. Under this law, she MUST have one wherever she goes. Private clinics have (or DID have) the right to set their own rules. If a woman doesn't want to follow those rules, she can make other arrangements.

But - since PP already requires it, and other clinics may, too - why is it necessary for the state to mandate it? What's the purpose of requiring women to undergo a medical procedure that she isn't required to look at or listen to when the whole purpose is to try to bludgeon her into changing her mind? If they allow a pro-lifer to "counsel" her as to all the horrible things that are going to happen to her if she has an abortion, are they also going to allow a pro-choice person to give her the opposite view?

My problem with this law is that it has no purpose other than to interfere with a woman's right to make a choice as to whether she should have a child or not. This law will apply in ALL cases - medical necessity, rape and incest - with no exception or allowance for the mental state of a woman who is aborting a wanted child because of severe birth defects or a danger to her own health or a rape victim - and is a law affecting women only that is intended to be punitive and exert control over women's bodies and reproductive rights.

Actually, it sucks to be you and have to live with such a burning need to control women and dictate to them on BC and giving birth.

10. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I hope it does. His take on the religious nutters backing down in the face of public outrage should be hilarious. His audience will be cheering the fact that he helped bring that about.

11. RP12

RP12 Well-Known Member

Again PP which you advocate for thinks its a good idea.

I dont want to "control women". Where the (*)(*)(*)(*) do you get that from or are you just being a conspiracy theorist thinking there are people trying to control you hiding behind every tree.?

12. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am 100% opposed to the internal ultrasound. That is far too intrusive.

Liberals, you need to understand, when you allow the government intruding into your healthcare like this, the results could be ominous. The authoritative government that you lefties created might try to dictate that you go against your personal beliefs. It's a slippery slope that is all too real.

13. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

So they're just trying to keep other clinics from getting sued? Lmfao!

PP is under constant attack from the pro-lifers and religious nutters. They have to do everything they can to protect themselves from those trying so hard to close them down - the other healthcare services they provide be (*)(*)(*)(*)ed.

14. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

Abortion IS invasive and traumatic - especially for women who've been raped or have a medical condition that requires them to abort a WANTED baby. That's why adding to their trauma by mandating ANOTHER invasive and traumatic procedure that may not be necessary is for no other reason than to control and punish the woman for seeking an abortion.

One thing that continually amazes me about Righty is the total lack of understanding and compassion towards people going through agonizing life decisions and their desire to make it just as painful as possible for them. It sucks to be a Righty.

15. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

It's to make sure they can't be accused of doing an abortion too late in the pregnancy or something else improper by the people whose life mission is to close them down.

16. AnnaK

AnnaK New Member

I get that idea from the pro-lifers and the RW legislators who do their bidding and pass laws clearly intended to control what women can do with their bodies.

If PP thinks it's a good idea and other clinics do it, too - what's the need for the Legislature to put it into law?

17. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

I'm glad Gov McDonnell came to his senses. I wish other barbarians would join him in the 21st century.

18. Bluesguy

Bluesguy Well-Known Member Donor

You mean like this one

A Capital Women's Health Clinic

"ABORTIONS UP TO 14 WEEKS:
    Abortions up to 14 weeks gestation are performed using the vacuum aspiration procedure. This five minute outpatient procedure involves the insertion of a small suction tube into the cervix to remove the contents of the uterus. Several medications are given to help insure the comfort of the patient. Your visit includes lab tests, counseling on contraception, ultrasound, the abortion procedure and recovery. The patient should expect to stay at our office approximately four to six hours to complete this process. This procedure can be completed with one visit without an overnight stay. Patients that have a negative blood type must be given a shot called Rhogam. If you have negative blood, please notify the staff when you make your appointment. We will type a patient's blood at no charge for those patients who are unaware of their blood type."

http://www.capitalwomenshealth.com/services.shtml

Or this one

Abortion Fees Include:
    • Pregnancy Testing (Blood or Urine)
    • Diagnostic Ultrasound (to determine gestational age of pregnancy)

http://www.amethysthealthcenterforwomen.com/abortion.html

and this one

Informed Consent
    Virginia law requires that you receive information about your abortion 24 hours before the procedure.
    Medical Explanation
    When you come for your appointment, you will fill out some forms. You will then have lab work and an ultrasound. You will then speak privately with a counselor and sign a consent form.
    http://www.richmondmedctrforwomen.com/Informed_Consent.html

19. Bluesguy

As oppose to the pro-abortioners and LW legislators who want to kill babies.

Two can play your game you know.

20. Bluesguy

Quote the law where it states that.

21. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

Go back to page 18-19.

I provided a link to the stats on PP doing vaginal ultrasounds. They do them all the time, so why are they now calling it "invasive"?.....lol.

22. Jebediah

Jebediah Banned

Heart surgery is done all the time but I think 100% of doctors would call it invasive.

23. HB Surfer

HB Surfer Well-Known Member Past Donor

You certainly do offer good evidence. My objection still stands. I don't want the government in our lives to this level.

My other statement still stands....

Liberals, you need to understand, when you allow the government intruding into your healthcare like this, the results could be ominous. The authoritative government that you lefties created might try to dictate that you go against your personal beliefs. It's a slippery slope that is all too real.

Rapunzel and (deleted member) like this.
  24. TheHat

TheHat Well-Known Member

Again, we have another off the cuff comparison that doesn't make sense.

25. Yosh Shmenge

Yosh Shmenge New Member

On the other hand, if Planned Parenthood and other clinics do this (ultrasound) as a matter of routine (as you admit) then where is the harm in putting it into law?
    If it's a good idea wouldn't it be wise to make it a matter of law? Your own arguments weigh you down.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.