Armed Forces Overwhelmingly Support Obama

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Not The Guardian, Oct 23, 2012.

1. protectionist

protectionist Banned

The answer to this pile of utter nonsense is the quote that you quoted. I really shouldn't even dignify such lame questions with responses but I will anyway.

1. Sure, for most of them. Why wouldn't he ? No one else who contributes to campaigns does it anonymously, why should military personnel ? (especially high ranking officers and civilians in the DoD)

2. So you assume Romney will invade Iran or send troops on a wild goose chase ? Upon what would/could you base that ?

3. I realize that many Hispanic or Black enlisted men from a working class or lower middle class background would not be likely to afford to send contributions to a presidential campaign so as to mount up to hundreds of thousands of dollars, as the OP claims they were. Quite likely, if those claims are correct, the overwhelming majority of the military $$ came from the upper brass and DoD managerial ranks.l

PS - I have basic cable. I don't get Fox News. :laughing:

2. protectionist

protectionist Banned

Religions are systems of beliefs, based on a code of ethics. Islam is a pile of UNethics (mass genocide, wife beating, rape, pedophilia, kidnapping/slavery, gay killing, apostate killing, animal killing, torture/mutilation, lying, etc) Islam is the farthest thing from a religion. Anyone who would accept Islam to be a religion, is the biggest sucker on earth.

3. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

I can tell you that both parties are guilty of what you accuse of Romney.

4. Marine1

Marine1 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I guess that's what happens when you smoke to much weed, it frys your brain. Romney is a strong backer of the military. What military service did Obama and even Clinton serve in? Mormon men are required to serve in missionary work. As for who backs who.

The Military Times reports the professional core of the U.S. military overwhelmingly favors Mitt Romney over President Obama in the upcoming election — but not because of any particular military issues, according to a new poll of more than 3,100 active and reserve troops."

http://www.woai.com/content/news/ne...2-to-1-over-Obama/G8Jpw1fOw02HjV7j2Qt0GQ.cspx

5. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Yeah, but people like him are more than prepared to accept a mormon. Those guys wear special holy underwear and are into some really weird stuff, heaven on planet Kolob and all.

6. Marine1

That's because unlike Muslims, you seldom hear of Mormons rising up against their country. They help in their communities and on a whole are good citizens. Those are the things that are important.

7. Marine1

Who was President in WWI,WWII, Korea, Vietnam, Kosovo? Who was the President who first got us involved helping the Afghans against the Soviets?

Lee S and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Surfer Joe

Surfer Joe Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's a lie, he isn't.
    He is suing to reverse the hasty Jim Crow tactic that you people concocted to give Ohio voters less time to vote than others.

9. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

But Mormons aren't talking about going to war to make everyone else obey their special rules.

10. Not The Guardian

Not The Guardian Well-Known Member

In numbers and money, they do overwhelmingly support Obama. Prove it different. But not with a worthless Military Times poll.

Answer: Crusades, Cromwellian Conquest, Spanish Inquisition and a few hundred more.

They've already been answered. You can't read.

If Romney's such a strong backer of the military, just how many times did he mention veterans in his acceptance speech? In the debates? So you're another one that thinks missionary service is equal to military service? Tell that to the loved ones of the tens of thousands of young men killed in Vietnam.

I've already proven the Military Times poll fraudulent. Why do you keep bringing it up?

Ahh...I see what's going on. You have no idea of the history of Mormons, do you? Allow me to educate you.

http://press.umsystem.edu/(S(1rohvs...fo.aspx?id=1428&AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

http://www.historynet.com/utah-war-us-government-versus-mormon-settlers.htm

Brigham Young's shadow government:

http://www.legendsofamerica.com/we-mormons.html

11. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

double post

12. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

No, in numbers, they do not - prove it otherwise. In money, sure. And? So what? Despite common misconceptions, liberals almost always give more in political donations. Citing the $ donations proves nothing more than that liberals donate more money to political candidates.

That's not an answer, that's just a series of words that doesn't have jack(*)(*)(*)(*) to do with what you responded to. Of the supposed "answers" you gave, the Crusades were a response to the invasion of the Holy Lands by intolerant Muslims. From the time the Byzantines surrendered Jerusalem in 638 until the fall of Jerusalem to the Franks in 1099, it was ruled by Muslims. Why was it invaded? Because the Seljuk Turks took it in 1071, ending centuries of relative peace and pilgrimage, along w/trade. Christians were denied their rights to visit the Holy places, and so when the Byzantines called on the Pope to aid in the DEFENSIVE WAR against the Turks, the Pope also ordered "soldiers of the Cross" (essentially, soldiers who swore allegiance to the Pope) to take Jerusalem.

The Crusades were what they are so often described as by ignorant, foolish people. The First Crusade was, in every sense, justified. After that, Christians continued to fight for Jerusalem BECAUSE Muslims who controlled it (with few exceptions) were intolerant. The Kingdom of Jerusalem, despite common depictions, was a relatively tolerant and secular government.

I've heard a similiar mantra dozens of times, and it's (*)(*)(*)(*)ing pathetic. Romney's bad because he didn't got to Vietnam? Oh, come lad. No need to grow up a partisan hack.

You haven't proven it fraudulent. It's completely legit. It oversamples officers, as the poll states. But high-ranking enlisted? You're kidding, right? 40% of respondents are E5 through E8. Uh, they make up half of the enlisted core. I knew 19year olds who were E5, even an 18 year old. Hell, I joined at 19 and made E4 at 21. To think, half my buddies were "senior enlisted" with about three years in!

Look, you don't know what you're talking about. E5 isn't senior enlisted. The most liberal definition starts it at E7.

You didn't read what he said, did you? He didn't say, "because, unlike Muslims, Mormons didn't rise up against their country or partake in violence 174 years ago." Nor would anyone give a (*)(*)(*)(*) if he did say it.

13. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

You are the one making the claim that the military overwhelmingly support Obama. Lee is simply pointing out that your claim is misleading because you have no evidence regarding "numbers" and instead regarding only "money".
    Bush won 2004 with 16% more of the military vote. McCain lost with 10% more of the military vote. Current polls of "veterans", both Rasmussen and Gallup show a 24% lead for Romney among veterans. I suspect among current military it is probably nearer to the 10-16% range. Did YOU have anything to prove it different? Because your comparison of who is giving money from the military is probably even less accurate than the Military Times polls as far as reflecting all current military personnel.

14. dixon76710

dixon76710 Well-Known Member

Dont know anything about Reuters polls but since they currently have Obama with a 7% lead among all voters, I tend to question its results that are so different than all the other polls with the two tied or Romney with a small lead. And so different than the Gallup and Rasmussen results for Veterans

15. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

I don't know. I never said anything that you disagree with. My etch-a-sketch is very clear.

16. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

OP's article is full of so much spin...this thread should be deleted immediately

17. protectionist

protectionist Banned

I can read. You didn't provide anything TO read. You got questions. I didn't get answers. You struck out.

Crusades were a RESPONSE to 477 years of Muslim aggression. I've posted that here 1000 times. Yawn ***

18. Watchman

Watchman New Member

It was in the debates. I'll find a link and post it.

19. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Thank you for proving that obamayomama is a die hard muslim.

20. Watchman

Watchman New Member

Wouldn't having more U.S. Naval Ships naturally bring more U.S. Navy Sailors?! You'd think, huh!

More stuff usually brings more Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen, etc., wouldn't ya think?! :)

To lessen any bit of our Military would be detrimental. WRONG TIME FOR CUTBACKS!!! DO YOU SEE WHAT'S GOING ON IN THE MIDDLE EAST???!!!

21. Watchman

Watchman New Member

I don't believe this video ever was going to air on FOX.

I posted this same exact video in a thread MONTHS ago, "The Hard Truth," concerning obamayomama, his history, etc.

It's independently made, from many diffent speeches and interviews of obamayomama throughout the last 4 years.

22. AceFrehley

AceFrehley New Member

Too bad it's all BS.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/10/08/poll-66-percent-of-military-members-support-romney/

23. HeNeverLies4

HeNeverLies4 New Member

Most of the people in my unit are voting for Ron Paul, Virgil Goode or Obama...

24. Not The Guardian

Well? Where's your proof? Hint: Romney never uttered the wo d "veteran" in any of the last three debates.

25. Not The Guardian

Well? Where's your proof? Hint: Romney never uttered the wo d "veteran" in any of the last three debates.