I will now prove atheists are illogical Part 2.

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by jedimiller, Mar 25, 2012.

1. revol

revol New Member

I mean seriously..... Genesis is laughable!

The reason it is laughable is that extremely primitive minds wrote it and they were either deluded that they were being inspired by God, or simply declared themselves to be a prophet to gain power over the masses!!!!!

2. Neutral

Neutral New Member Past Donor

Oh, and waht point would that be? The man with no thesis and no support is telling me that I am not addressing his points?

the man that is parroting my stance right back at me? Those points?

THe man with a personal infantuation who deliberately seeks out a fight, and then resorts to this? Yeah, that is of course the point not being addressed. Your massive ego is of course, not the issue at all.

Your thesis? And why do I always have to ask you that question?

3. Neutral

Is that logical, or merely an interpretation you can laugh at.

What came before the Big Bang? Right, we have no idea. Its interesting becaus ethat same ... delusion ... as you put it, had life in the ocean before it was on land. Correctly, according to Mitochondrial Eve picked out that WOMAN was the first true human.

Agh, lucky guesses from 4-5,000 years ago I guess.

Well, don't let logic allow you take notice of the fat that your interpretation of Genesis is exactly the same as the most fundamentalist, literalist creationist out there.

Off how atheists and religious extremists seem to keep meeting up like that!?! Who would have thought?

4. revol

revol New Member

Oh yeah, the excuse now is that it is a matter of interpretation?

God said, let there be light.... and there was light
    And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

God didn't know that light was good before that single moment?

How is there any other way of interpreting this than God was existing in eternal darkness before that single moment that he decided to create light and then saw that it was good??????

This is logical????????

Interpretation is such a played out excuse!

5. revol

revol New Member

How is it humanly possible to continue in a belief that contradicts itself over and over again; does it ever trip a switch how many times you actually have to make lame brain excuses for the things that clearly don't add up?

6. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

What came before the big bang is unknowable by man at this point in our development.

The theory of the big bang is supported by mathematics and experimentation. To date, there has not been any noteable contradictions. So it seems a plausible explanation to how the universe came to be as we now observe it.

The First Cause argument is rather suspect at this time simply because quantum physics as demonstrate that matter can spontaneous appear.

Theists, in order to "know' the unknowable claim that there is a creator of the universe and that creator existed out of time and space.
    This is simply conjecture and is not even worthy of being called an hypothesis as it is unverifiable by any means at our disposal, and cannot be mathematically derived. This does not mean its impossible, merely that there is absolutely no rational reason for believing this other than faith.

Now the next piece of conjecture that theists would have us beleive is that this creator of the universe is also the creator of man and that he created man in his own image. Given that there are an estimated 10^24 (1 septillion) stars in the universe we are indeed fortunate that this creator determined that in 1 galaxy of approximately 10^12 galaxies in one star system of roughly 200 billion stars he chose an insignificant planet upon which to put his creation. To me this is the ultimate conceit of man, but we are told it is truth because some people have faith in a 2,000 year old book.

Somehow I think we need a more rational and plausible explanation on how both the universe and humans came into being.

7. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

The main failure of this argument is the word THEORY, atheist are not sure and yet they are ready to accept a theory that is not sure to proof there is no God.

Christians have proof there is God by presenting the universe, atheist present theories of the universe that proof God exist to use it to proof God does not exist.

8. revol

revol New Member

It is actually more knowable now than it will be in the future..... The universe is expanding, eventually our ability to observe redshift will diminish as well as the cosmic microwave background radiation, until our ability to observe such phenomena disappear completely!

9. revol

revol New Member

How so?
    By declaring that the universe must have a creator?
    You should go back a few pages and read, I'll handle that concept of proof with no problem!

10. Neutral

Yes, in several billion years ... we might have a problem on our hands.

11. jedimiller

jedimiller Well-Known Member

WOW~ Looks like I missed 8 pages today. Sorry, work...selling on Ebay and trying to get rest. I will read and respond to everyone later. For now, I leave you with this song. Neutral, I must thank you for WINNING! every argument so far.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C70QRbawN8"]Leonard Nimoy - Highly Illogical - YouTube[/ame]

12. Nullity

Nullity Active Member

Millions of prayers answered within what time-frame? You probably didn't even consider a time-frame when tossing out that number. A month? A year? 10 years? Since the beginning of Christianity?

What is the average number of prayers per day, per Christian? 1? 5? 10?

As of 2005, there are an estimated 2.1 billion Christians in the world. If we say only one prayer per person per day, that's 63 billion in a just month. 766.5 billion in a year. 7.67 trillion in 10 years.

Such large numbers make me think of it the other way. If prayers are really being answered, there should be many more than just a few million (though you weren't specific on how many).

So perhaps the most logical answer is that "answered prayers" are simply coincidence well within statistical probability. If an occurrence is possible and there are enough chances, it will occur.

13. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Another brilliant post with nothing to say.

My thesis is simple. Evidence of God consists of stories from the past.

This is not proof of God but it can be considered evidence.

The evidence for the God of Abraham is on par with evidence for other Gods.

14. Neutral

Millions every year slick. Go to church and ask people about their 'testimony'.

Me thinks you are simply looking to support homosexual marriage again.

[​IMG]

Nope, No God down here either!

15. Neutral

How about instead of insanely trying to never be wrong you siply define a thesis statement:

I gifted believe this about God (assuming you are a Christian - which I doubt very seriously):

Here is why I believe what I do:

Yeah, dangerous stuf staking out a position - you may be wrong. Your great and wonderous ego may then be deflated - but you may learn a lesson, develop as a human being, and even without an ego ... your life will go on. Go figure.

16. Nullity

Nullity Active Member

And how many exactly is "millions"? 10 million sound acceptable?

So out of a conservative estimate of 766.5 billion prayers per year only 0.0013% of them get answered?

Yes, that sounds truly miraculous to me. (/sarcasm)

Did you just hit your head or something?? WTF does homosexual marriage have to do with anything I, or anyone else, has said?

I stated my point very clearly. Statistical probability dictates that with enough prayers, some of them will be "answered" based on coincidence alone.

Do you think 0.0013% is statistically significant? Not a chance. In fact, that number is several orders of magnitude smaller than standard statistical error. In other words, meaningless.

17. WanRen

WanRen New Member Past Donor

No, not by declaring the universe MUST have a creator but the very fact that you are here, I am here, the universe is here and God has reveal His ever Almightiness with all these splendours that the human mind still struggles to discover and learn and the more we discover the more there is to learn.

Nothing comes from nothing, every scientist knows that, the best minds will create the most powerful and sophisticated machine or computers that computer did and can nor exist or have a beginning of it's own without human creationism.

Everything start from somewhere, and God is the beginning that started the whole motion of the universe.

18. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

I did stake out a position. A position which you seem not to want to discuss.

I realize that you seem to find this position offensive but perhaps you should look at this as a problem with your beliefs rather than a problem with my position.

19. Neutral

You have changed you position several time already.

You are Christian (or claim to be), yet you say that the evidence fro Jesus and his divinity is exactly the same as Zues (which is mythology).

That indicates that you have very little understanding of either.

And why are you Christian? Because its popular and you want to fit in? You cannot have such a contradictory position. Its that simple. No dount you will conflate yourself and gesticulate wildly to try and rationalize that position ... but that's all it is rationalization - its fence sitting position devoid of substance entirely.

The goal, as always, is to be vague enough that you will never have to acknowledge you are wrong. I find such positions to be extremely dishonest.

20. Neutral

Walk into a church and ask someone to share their testimony.

I realize this is hard, but once again, lazy excuses to avoid seeking out God are just that. Its happening all around you ... and what do we get?

[​IMG]

HEH! No God down here either! And tell rstones to stop staring at my butt!

He who never lifts his head out of the sand ... will never see much of anything.

21. Nullity

Nullity Active Member

Once again, Neutral astounds us with his intellectually superior and completely relevant response.

Being wrong is one thing, but if you can't even directly address the questions or points being made, why even reply? We just went through this in another thread where you continually responded with irrelevant nonsense and went off on your usual rants when called out on it. What's the point of that?

22. Neutral

As opposed to the randomly generated numbers with no bearing in anything other than your opinion?

How can you be wrong when you are just making things up? Too lazy to walk down to the nearest chruch and ask a question? Too dumb to extrapolate from that single point to many points?

But when people know you are just being contrarian and using imaginary numbers (not the real math ones), why we should treat your imagination like its a valid rebuttal to a contention being made?

Magic spaghetti for everyone!!! YEAH ATHEISM!!!!

23. Jonsa

Jonsa Well-Known Member Past Donor

Its only meaningless because you chose an arbitrary number of answered prayers.

However, consider the content of prayers. I think it safe to say that many are "please lord, help me win this one" or "help me do my best", or "make her like me" or "please lord, I need this job" . In other words mundane prayers to provide some solace in the mundane affairs of everyday people. ya gotta figure that a fairly statistically significant number of these prayers would be "answered".

Now if your praying for remission of your brain cancer, I would posit that the number of those prayers answered verges on zero.

24. Neutral

http://christiancadre.blogspot.com/2009/05/scientifically-documented-miracles.html

See #2.

Sometimes, those prayers are indeed answered.

25. Neutral

Let me give you a recent example of an answered prayer. A friend, a fellow member of the church, who has three kids and a fourth on the way, ran into a spot of bother. You see, in the dead of winter his furnace went out. Initially it was spotty, and finally just flat out died. For a month his family went without heat, and scraping together funds, got a mechanic to come look at it who promptly declared the furnace unfixable. Nothing he did so much as garnered a sputter from the dishevealed furnace. A replacement ... cost thousands of dollars that he simply did not have. Neverthless he pinched pennies, tried to find alternate, used, etc. solutions, and all were failing.

He was literally at the point of choosing to skimp on food for the family so that he could gradually scrape the money together to keep his family warm. Finally, he prayer and simply poored it out to God. He spoke of his concern for his family, and his feelings of powerlessness in being able to fully provide for his family. Not an hour later, his wife called saying, "Honey, I have some great news!"

THe furnance, without so much as a fly touching it, had began working again - flawlessly, and continues to this day to work with virtual perfection.

What exactly do atheists say to events like that? Or do they simply choose their favorite pose?

[​IMG]

NO GOD DOWN HERE!!!!