It is now official. No global warming of the earth's environment in 15 years.

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by James Cessna, Feb 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

It's so cool that you decided that, despite the astronomical amount of evidence otherwise, climate change isn't real. Good thing we have you NL to decide that or we might all have been goners! Whew, that was a close one.

2. theunbubba

theunbubba Well-Known Member Past Donor

Even the clowns at East Anglia conceded that it was statistically signifigant.

Drop it already....
    Here's a thought. I challenge you to take a good look at their baseline. It's made of ice core samples. Something that melts. Not tree rings that do not.
    They had to throw out the tree ring data because they said it didn't match the ice core samples.

The problem with that is... if the ice is melting now, they wouldn't have any samples of ice from this era in the future. So why would you think there were no periods of melting before modern day? No ice to sample from an era doesn't leave a nice gap. The next layer of ice wouldn't just conveniently leave an air gap. Gravity wouldn't allow it. This is why the tree rings don't match the core samples. They just aren't smart enough to realise it.

3. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Just because there is plethora of literature out there does not mean that it is ligitamate and scientific. Hitler spent years building his racist Jew hating propaganda into an actionable agenda. Its the same with AGW. Its a political scam.

4. Lunchboxxy

Yeah man, NOAA, NASA, the Met Office, AAAS, NAS, and hundreds of other scientific bodies are all wrong and you are right.

The fact that not a single scientific body in the entire world, not one, holds a dissenting view of climate change means nothing. You're right, its fake.

I mean (*)(*)(*)(*) all that data. It's obviously all fake data from fake studies conducted over 50 years so all scientific bodies in the entire world can create a conspiracy to get more funding for more fake studies with fake data! IT ALL MAKES SO MUCH SENSE!

5. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Humm, does it not strike you as odd that there are NO descenting voices published in journals of anykind ever? Give it a think. Its all too convienient. Its all BS.

6. WatcherOfTheGate

WatcherOfTheGate New Member

Don't you know? He is smarter then all the scientists and is never wrong. Just ask him. It will be hilarious.

7. Never Left

Never Left Banned

Thats true, When they come up with science that does not sound like a cheap crime novel, I'll listen.

8. Lunchboxxy

They are sometimes published in journals, though lack enough evidence to make it farther than that.

Do you know what a consensus is? There's your sign.

9. WatcherOfTheGate

Can you post your thesis on the subject? I would be interested to see it.

10. Kessy_Athena

Kessy_Athena New Member

No, because AAAS, NAS, and every other professional scientific organization in the world says so. Why are deniers so obsessed with Al Gore, anyway? He's a bit player in all this at most. He really doesn't matter at all. To be honest, I've never even seen his film.

You obviously have no idea how the scientific process works. All subjects are open to further inquiry, always. That's not an excuse for some tinfoiler crazy to claim that gravity doesn't work or that germs don't cause disease. The reality of AGW is about as well established as anything can be. You're just grasping at straws to try to find an excuse to deny it, because you seem to think that admitting it's real will somehow result in you being sold into slavery to Al Gore and the UN.

Just what are you so afraid of, anyway?

11. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

No - the planet has continued to warm for the past 15 years.

Stop quoting from an article that has been proven to be based on fabrications.

12. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

That is very bad indeed.

Could you tell us what this " contrary evidence" is please?

We are talking here about deniers who continually post a bogus article.

The article is based on fabricated quotes by Prof Judith Curry. She has said so herself:

With regard to the Rose article. The article spun my comments in ways that I never intended.I do not see any issue surrounding BEST that is in any way analogous to Climategate.
    http://judithcurry.com/2011/10/30/mail-on-best/

Posting the lies of others when you know them to be lies - is lying.

It is pretty pathetic that this is all these clowns can come up with as "arguement"

13. bugalugs

bugalugs Banned

Why do do deniers have to keep clinging to fabricated tabloid articles as "evidence" then?

14. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

I don't have a thesis.

It is your side that wants to turn the world upside-down based on your crazy ideas so if anyone needs to sell a thesis it is you not me.

15. Anobsitar

Anobsitar Banned

What a nonsense.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyXQWimVrfw&feature=related"]NASA Video Shows Greenland Melting - YouTube[/ame]

Short explanation what you are seeing - because you don't know what you are seeing if you don't have background informations: http://youtu.be/xh2m8UIDKW8

Blindness and a wrong hope that nature will be graceful if human beings are doing the wrong decisions to do nothing against global warming is an an extremly stupid opinion - and has nothing to do with any form of optimism. Optimism would be if China, India and the USA would also try to fight against global warming. Non one in this world has any chance if the USA becomes an enemy of progress. The USA is producing much to much greenhouse gases. Stop it to do so - suicidal thoughts are not optimism and apathy is not serenity.

http://youtu.be/LDg1b7hzcKM

16. Lunchboxxy

There is a plethora of scientific data and evidence to support climate change. There is a boatload of date on this topic specifically, which has been provided to you many times.

The deniers have shown no scientific data or evidence here to support the claim that no warming has occurred in the past 15 years.

You're the one who refuses to see the obvious here.

17. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Climate change yes.

The earth has never had a period in history when the climate didn't change.

But man-made climate change is a very different matter.

That is unproven.

18. Lunchboxxy

Science isn't in the business of proving anything. There is a global scientific concensus that climate change is human caused. This is is agreed on by every major scientific body . There is not a single scientific body that holds a dissenting view.

Why don't you want to accept it exactly?

19. Anobsitar

Anobsitar Banned

So what? Why not to reduce greenhouse gases just for fun because we can do so? Why is it so important for the USA to do less than nothing against global warming independent from any cause of gobal warming? Again: Apathy is not serenity and the feeling "the USA is not able to do something" is not optimism.

http://youtu.be/RXqGvl4UKVw

20. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

That's a lot of nonsense.

There was not a single scientific body that agreed with Galileo at the time when he said that the earth orbited around the sun.

But science is not a show of hands.

There is a right and a wrong answer to every question even if the idiot climate scientists cannot tell us what the answer it is.

21. WatcherOfTheGate

So you didn't write a dissertation on this subject either? I am shocked!

22. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Because its a waste of money.

And because it puts too much power in the hands of government and corrupt politicians.

23. Anobsitar

Anobsitar Banned

That the earth turns around the sun was the standard theory when Galileo Galilei was a child and this was teached on all catholic universities in whole Europe. You are mistaking Galileo Galilei for Nicolaus Kopernikus.

http://youtu.be/cAViXerOmSE

24. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

No I didn't.

And I'm not going to unless you can convince Obama to send me some free grant money.

That's how the game is played, isn't it?

Government or some fat cat liberal foundation gives me money so I can quit my real job and search for the lost secrets of Atlantis instead.

Then as long as I stay within a percent or two of the conventional wisdom of man-made global warming I'll be hailed as a genius and get more money.

25. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

And now standard theory among scientists who also follow the leader instead of thinking for themselves is that global warming is going to destroy the planet and it is all man's fault.

What utter nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.