Texas, secede!

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by FixingLosers, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

That needs a source since it was already shown they pay in more than what they recieve. But hey, let punish Texas for what 99% of the world is anyways. Which country pays us back for all the relief aide we have forked over?

2. garyd

garyd Well-Known Member

There are at the moment 20 odd states with seccession petitions being signed on to. And please explain to me why you thing meth is worse than heroin or crack.

3. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

I was a huge supporter of the F-22 (production has been terminated on this aircraft) and I support the F-35 program but Texas would lose those contracts and Lockheed would move out of Ft Worth if Texas actually seceded from the United States. Lockheed is a US defense contractor and not a Texas defense contractor.

BTW if Texas is so good then why are there so many manufacturing plants producing goods for America just across the border in Mexico? Perhaps Texans would be more happy if they returned to being a part of Mexico. Sometimes I wonder if a Texan is qualified to compete for a job with a Mexican? ROFLMAO

4. NothingSacred

NothingSacred Active Member

Good! I want very badly to disassociate myslef from those morons and thier states.

And you can't go to they dollar store, buy some crap and cook heroin in the kicken.

5. Shiva_TD

I will give Texas one thumbs up because it has it's own Air Force. The "Commemorative Air Force" (formerly the Confederate Air Force) does have over 150 excellent aircraft even if they are over 50 years old and obsolete. Currently they are spread over several states but could be called upon the defend Texas from the US Air Force if Texas were to actually decide to secede from the United States.

6. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Elegantly stated by some random dooooshbag on the Internet.

7. Kurmugeon

Kurmugeon Well-Known Member

Prejudge people much?

Your anti-Conservative Bigotry will likely cause you grief.

The Liberals of America have some degree of productivity, particularly in the Arts and Entertainment fields.

But that does not turn generators, pave roads, move frieght, develope new medicines, write software, design cell phones....

If (when) America does break apart, the coastline states are going to end up with a whole bunch more artists than any society can support.

The central north American Free Republic of Texas will likely have an over abudance of Engineers, Welders, Programers, Farmers, Doctors (Fleeing Obamacare), and other industrially productive people.

Which nation do you think will thrive?

8. Captain America

Captain America New Member

Duly noted and duly reported. Have a nice day!

9. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

It wouldn't be "free", and if they seceded they'd lose internet access and other public infrastructure.

Plus as a libertarian you should be worried about all the fundie Baptists down there, who might outlaw things such as abortion, pre-marital sex, drinking, smoking, homosexuality, marijuana, listening to rock music, etc

Think "Escape from LA" with Russell Crowe - that's what it'd be like if they seceded.

10. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Run along tattle tell.

11. Captain America

Pre-judge people much?

Where I live, there are no shortage of artsy-fartsy conservatives as well as liberal truck drivers and engineers.

Seriously, people of all cuts are both conservative and liberal. This is exactly what Jindal is talking about when he speaks of anti-intellectualism. Time to stop being the stupid party. I think he's on to something.

12. Kurmugeon

LOL What?!

Why would leaving the U.S. result in losing the Internet?

What, Texas can't lay fiber optics, configure servers and build routers?

Freak'en North Korea has some amount of Internet access.

Not to mention the fact that Texas Instruments was a leader in the development of the semiconductor industry.

What, you think that your computer was made in silicon valley? It was made in Korea / China, like everything else.

But a Free Texas Republic would quickly build those industries, because it would be FREE to do so.

13. Captain America

I support Texas secession 100%. But **** talks. Action walks.

Sooner the better. Get the hell out of the USA! PLEASE!

14. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

I see this as a net plus to the U.S. literacy rate.

15. keymanjim

keymanjim New Member Past Donor

Do you really think all the brain dead obama voters will stay in Texas?

16. Shiva_TD

Is this a reference to Bill Gates? Just curious. I didn't know that Bill Gates, with his billions of dollars from Microsoft would be considered as being productive in the Arts and Entertainment fields although I know he supports them.

It also is an established fact that more college graduates are liberals than conservatives which indicates that liberals are more educated than conservatives. So if we meet someone with a "brain" the odds are that they are probably a liberal.

We also have studies that have tied low intelligence to "conservative" ideology so if we meet someone that's stupid the odds are that they're a conservative.

Of course this is just "statistically" speaking and we should never make stereotype determinations about people. I've meet some very smart conservatives as well as some very dumb liberals. Of note though the smart conservatives I've met are not Republicans.

17. SpaceCricket79

SpaceCricket79 New Member Past Donor

Sure they could create their own internet, but that'd take awhile - and business dependent on the internet would be adversely affected - not to mention people would be royally pissed if they find their internet connection is gone.

Another thought - if Texas seceded they'd lose federal military and border patrol protection - wouldn't surprise me if the Mexian and central American drug lords swarmed their goons in en masse and basically turned Texas into another Central American drug Republic.

18. Kurmugeon

Who is the Stupid Party, the Republicans?

Stupid is as Stupid Does!

The Left controls the Universities in America, and they are now forty years entrenched, you're not going to make headway into their ivory tower in less than decades.

Because the left is not shy about abusing the control of Public Controled Higher Education, there are lots of Degreed people who are radical lefties.

That does not mean that all intelectuals are Lefties, just the ones with State funded school degrees.

Well, the Internet makes getting and education a matter of time at a console, not location at a Univeristy. This is WHY the ObamaCare bill has the Racial Preference and Higher Education Financal Control rider amendments.

The Left understands that Pragmatic education is not bypassing them, and people are turning to for-profit distance learning as a way to get a Corporate Respected education. This Threatens the Left in ways that they cannot ignore.

But a Free Texas Republic is going to attract the same people who attended or will attend the practical for-profit schools in droves. In turn they will staff new industries and labratories.

Just because a person doesn't have an Ethnic Studies Degree from Havard, doesn't mean a person won't have a good, practical education for getting WORK done.

The Left is trying hard to protect their Ivory Tower, and the DOERs are simply walking past it.

19. 3link

3link Well-Known Member Past Donor

If all texans - including dems and republicans - were to secede today, U.S. would probably have a higher literacy rate than Finland.

20. keymanjim

keymanjim New Member Past Donor

But, the dems wouldn't stay there. They would flee to the nearest state that will continue their free ride. Add to that the influx of wealth into Texas by those looking for a free economy to set up shop, the US would be the smartest poor country on the planet.

21. Kurmugeon

Don't have much IT education or knowledge do you?

LOL, look dude, you can take two computers and a LAN switch and start transfering data over the IP or Internet Protocol. It can be setup to work within minutes.

If you took an axe to the fiber optic lines leading across the Texas border, the "Internet" in the rest of the State would keep right on humming, and Satelite Relays, and Trans-Ocean Links would still have you connected to England, China, Russia... The world.

The Internet works because it is fail soft and modular. If they tried to "Cut off" Texas, the signal trace might have to go to Turkey -> England -> Iceland to get to New York, but it would still get through.

Why would you argue about IT issues with someone who has a Degree in Information Technology has worked in the field for the last four years?

22. NothingSacred

NothingSacred Active Member

The liberal one of course, as your assumptions are based on nothing!

Sorry, but these are not "conservative skills"....turn generators, pave roads, move frieght, develope new medicines, write software, design cell phones....

23. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

There's no way the US can have a better literacy rate than Finland, since they supposedly have a 100% rate of literacy. It's called simple math, and I bet even a simple Texan could tell you that.:rolleyes:

24. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

There's a difference between helping the poor around you and seeking to add more poor to your system.

Helping the poor in your immediate vicinity is necessary for maintaining order and lowering crime. Welcoming more poor people into your system is just a dumb idea unless we're talking about visas for migrant labor.

We need a certain amount of poor laborers to do the work that most Americans refuse. That's different from saying they should become citizens.

Maybe that goes against being liberal, but I'm not 100% liberal anyway. I'm more in-between a liberal and a libertarian.

25. Captain America

If Texas secedes, I wonder how many illegal Texans the rest of us would have to suffer? What would we call them? Drybacks? LOL!

Serfin' USA and (deleted member) like this.