'Knockout Game' Suspect Charged With Hate Crime

Discussion in 'Law & Justice' started by superbadbrutha, Nov 30, 2013.

1. Shiva_TD

Shiva_TD Progressive Libertarian Past Donor

Actually, according to a news story I've cited before there is no evidence that the "knockdown game" is a racial hate crime. There are cases where it is (such as noted here) but for the most part it's not based upon statistical analysis.

2. Think for myself

Think for myself Well-Known Member Past Donor

Post them. Let's see these vaunted stats that support your statement.

3. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

The perps are overwhelmingly black. The victims overwhelmingly white.

"A man sees what he wants to see .................."

4. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

What is it about THIS case that leads you to believe it is racial hate?

5. GeddonM3

GeddonM3 Well-Known Member

gladly, and thanks for ignoring the rest of my post, it lets me know you have been once again proven wrong and simply just ignore it because you have nothing.

but anyways here is a PDF from the Bureau of Justice, go to page 13 and you will see the homicide trends based on race and how they breakdown when it comes to interacial homicide from the years of 1980-2008. It will show that Black on white homicides are much more common than white on black and how black on white homicides actualy grew during those years..

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/htus8008.pdf

funny how that works out, yet whites are much more common to have hate crime legislation thrown at them. and i know, somehow you will dismiss all this, as you do with everything that does not fit your agenda.

lets not forget also that blacks are a hell of a lot more likely to rape a white person than vice versa. so with the majority of interace crimes being dominated by black on white, how is it blacks dont get hate crime charges thrown at them more than 1 in every 1200 cases of black on white crime?

6. Think for myself

Oh, I thought you were going to produce stats that supported your earlier claims. Have you those stats or is this just your latest gross movement of the goalposts? Because I don't remember any claims about murder rates amongst the racial groups that are not necessarily bias related.

7. GeddonM3

nice dodge, the interracial homicide rates were just an example to show black on white crime is much more common than white on black. but as per usual you must be intellectually dishonest and make up more riff raff as to avoid the obvious since it does not go along with your agenda.

just admit it, black on white crime is much more common than white on black in all aspects. But the hate crime legislation is more commonly used against whites. you know it, i know it, just admit it.

8. Pardy

Pardy Well-Known Member Past Donor

Here are some FBI stats showing that white people are far more likely to be murdered by white people than by black people:

[​IMG]

As for racism, why do I keep hearing about black-on-black violent crime but never white-on-white violent crime? White-on-white violent crime is more common, so why is it only an "epidemic" when black people hurt each other? I don't blame the media; I blame moral panics against folk devils.

So yeah, let's sit down and discuss this "black violence" problem...

9. GeddonM3

ok, i never claimed that wasnt true. blacks are more likely to kill blacks as well. But what we are arguing is that black on white crime taking place more often than white on black crime.

10. Think for myself

Odd. I was discussing hate rimes. What exactly am I dodging? It seems to me that clearl with your claim regarding racial disparity in crime rates has nothing to do with anything I have said, not the thread topic, and is an attempt by your post ot move the goalposts away from the earlier comments you made, which were demonstrated to be incorrect.

Oh, a personal attack. I see.

Which once again seems to be a common meme amongst some folks with certain racial views, yet no one ha ever provided any statistic on it.

11. GeddonM3

what other stats do you need?

black on white crimes are much more common than white on black, yet somehow a white people get the hate crime legislation thrown at them much much more often.

1 out of 50 white on black crimes get the hate crime legislation thrown at it

1 out of 1200 black on white crimes are tagged with hate crime legislation

so why is it blacks get omitted from it so much, even to go as far as calling their victims crackers and white (*)(*)(*)(*)(*)es and not be considered a hate crime? blacks call the knockout game "polar bear hunting" which is obvious they are targeting white people to knock out, yet not until now has one of them been considered a hate crime. Many times also screaming "justice for Treyvon" as they knock out white people, plainly noting they want to hurt white people to get back for Treyvon being shot.

so again, using common sense, how is it possible that blacks get a free pass the majority of the time they target white people for their crimes?

can you answer that or not?

12. After Hours

After Hours Well-Known Member

You assume I'm black, why? Because I see though conservatives race baiting BS?

13. After Hours

What truth? That this is a game barely anyone plays?

14. Think for myself

Yes, and that has nothing to do with the point of yours demonstrated to be incorrect, anything I said, nor the thread topic.

Do they? that seems to be a recurring claim that not a single time has anyone presented any evidence for such a claim. Does repeating it somehow make it valid? Make it true?

15. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

Charge for the assault they did , hate crime laws are just stupid , I worry we will single out some and make examples of them because they are stupid youths, black or white there are violent teens all over and we as a nation need to get it together . That may mean joining in with parents who are a different color than us, Let's face it most parents worry about the same (*)(*)(*)(*)! College, kids safety , raising them to respect others , we must stop fighting amongst ourselves and save the young as they will be in charge soon!

16. GeddonM3

i guess you have already forgotten so let me remind you once again.

17. GeddonM3

hmmm ok.

In that case try this out for size......

say all the sudden we have 15 instances in which we have some groups of white teens targeting black people and knocking them out and even killing a couple due to this. They call the game "Monkey Bashing" .

now would you be as passive about this as you are about Polar Bear hunting? something tells me no, that you would be on your high horse and screaming racism with the left wing media doing the same and Al Sharpton going ballistic on CNN talking about how whitey is targeting black people and all them lil white boys need to be charged with hate crimes.

but hey, dont let me tell it, you tell me how you would react if the roles were reversed.

18. After Hours

I'd say it's a game barely anyone is playing, regardless of who plays it.

If you want to make assumptions, that's on you.

19. Think for myself

Okay. And this claim, unsupported, somehow makes application of bias crime laws disparate how?

You see, no one, no one, has presented any actual evidence of that. I see a lot of claims, yet shockingly they all seem to be not actually supported by any facts.

20. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Well-Known Member Past Donor

Nice logic. I suppose that because very few people commit murder, we shouldn't trouble ourselves with protecting peoples lives.

The point is, in almost all cases in the video, it is a minority attacking a white.

This fact is so disturbing, you would rather act as though it isn't worthy of your scorn, because its so rare, rather than address it head on.

21. GeddonM3

i have shown you many facts, its rather simple really but you just dont want to accept any facts that dont go along with your agenda. black on white crime is much more common than white on black, yet hate crime legislation is thrown at whites 200% more often.

there are many stories as well that happened in which blacks did not get hate crime charges thrown at them even though they used racial terms before or during their attacks or simply targeted someone because they were white. But of course they werent charged with a hate crime, had the tables been turned it would have been immediate hate crime charges and Al Sharpton would be rallying the troops for a riot.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/2013/dg...assault-fails-to-lead-to-hate-crimes-charges/

http://www.examiner.com/article/no-...erers-unprovoked-attack-of-kent-state-student

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/201...yers-slaying-wont-be-charged-with-hate-crimes

http://www.therightperspective.org/...d-for-anti-asian-murder/#sthash.IFik7he4.dpbs

http://americanfreepress.net/?p=4313

there are many more examples if you like, but im guessing eventhough all these same stories can be found at many different sources you will have an excuse not to accept them as per usual since it doesnt fit your agenda.

its whatever man, you can ignore it all you want and pretend its not happening, but here in the real world we see whats going on. Im officially done with this conversation as nothing more needs to be said because it is not possible to have a straight up honest discussion with you.

22. GeddonM3

we might see i guess, perhaps one day a group of white teens will play the knockout game and target a black person. then sadly we will see every liberal on here to the president turn into a hypocrite and the story will be prime time news for 6 months straight. in the mean time blacks will have targeted tons of whites for the game, and as per usual not much of a peep will be made.

just wait.

23. Think for myself

Really? they are?

Let's look at the facts here. Known offenders.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/hate-crime/2011/narratives/offenders

59.0 percent were white.
    20.9 percent were black.

Do you meant to tell me that whites commit 200% more hate crimes than blacks and get charged with it 200% more?

I thought your failed, an now completely failed, argument was there was some disparity between hate crime offenders and hate crime prosecutions. It would appear, and this is accepting your unsupported 200% claim, that hate crimes enhancements are being charged perfectly across racial lines. In short, your own claims seem to demonstrate the gross and ongoing error in your argument.

24. GeddonM3

once again ignoring facts and purposely not acknowledging anything that does not fit your agenda. Lets not forget that whites and hispanics are lumped together, but i guess you will ignore that huge fact as well. Lets also not forget black on white crime is much more common as well.

i have given you story after story showing that blacks get free passes from being charged with hate crimes, but of course you ignore all as per usual.

but like i said, ill be here in the real world, have fun in agenda land.

25. Think for myself

Now your goalposts move again to fit the latest failure that you demonstrated yourself, to the new position that you are wrong because whites and Hispanics are lumped together?

Now, is that your official position for the right now?