Simple question about car insurance

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by DeathStar, Feb 23, 2012.

1. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

No you theoretically cannot *build* your own vehicle. You, and the other 99% of people in this country do not know anything about a vehicles engineering other than the fact that you need to put the knob into "D" to drive, and turn the steering wheel into the direction you want to go. Don't try to exclude yourself from the list by going on google to look up a bunch of vocab words to pretend like you know anything.

An internal combustion engine operates by having multiple simultaneous explosions of highly flammable substances such as gas. To operate properly it requires an absurdly complex systems of lubrication, software control, construction...etc so it works properly. It costs billions of dollars of research. If "PROFESSIONALS" who know everything like you starting building their own cars, you'd have cars losing control, exploding and people would be getting killed everywhere. Anywhere were other lives can be endangered by your actions needs to be closely monitored.

If you want to build your own racetrack and drive your self built craps-mobile that can explode, ignite, or lose control and crash any second then you are free to do so...in fact you do not even need car insurance, a license, or even plates. If you kill yourself then we don't need to worry or sweat, because you are only endanger yourself and you have a right to do that. Driving on the road means you are endangering others.

Secondly, our country is very large and widespread, in the modern day economy it is almost mandatory to have a car to get to your job. Its not about personal responsibility, its about a requirement in lifestyle.

Is your skull thin-enough to get the point?

2. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

He doesn't care what the body count would be as long as he doesn't have to pay an insurance premium.

3. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

I will ignore the first line as it is an insult.

Otherwise, yes, driving is a privilege and it's meant for those responsible enough to cover their assets by carrying insurance. Most people that aren't educated enough by their agents have no idea how much insurance they should carry.

I was an agent for 25 yrs. and I can tell you the ones who were the most hassle were the ones who let their premiums lapse for non-payment of premium. I would on occassion get a claim when it was too late, they didn't pay.

I worked for agencies where we only insured people in preferred markets and not high risk. Why? It costs more to rewrite the insurance over and over than it's worth.

Why should a company pay out a million dollars if it's your fault in an accident and it is your liability limit? They do because they lost in the law suit. Most people will make a claim and if you have no insurance, you could loose everything you own, depending on the severity.

Companies also pay defense costs which could be thousands of dollars.

It's not so much that states are involved in making it mandatory to carry it that is so bad, it's the irresponsible people who drive around without it why we flip the buck for claims for those who are irresponsible.

4. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

car insurance prevents anarchy on the road, people will hit each other more if they were not penalized with high insurance premiums

the police cannot be everywhere and it is the only safety net in place, but even now many people drive illegaly without insurance the illegals mostly cause accidents and put people in misery when its time to pay for their pain and suffering along with medical bills and vehicular repair

if there were no insurance everyone should purchase a big SUV as the roads would be less safe than they are now which is pretty unsafe as it is

5. hoytmonger

hoytmonger New Member

Yes, you can build your own vehicle.

6. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

If you crash into my car, and the accident is your fault, why should my insurance company have to pay to fix something YOU created? Your insurance can pay for it, because mine sure ain't.

If you refuse to get insurance on your car over in Australia, guess what? You aren't allowed to drive.

7. hoytmonger

hoytmonger New Member

Some states in the US have "no-fault" insurance, which means if you get in an accident and it's not your fault... it's still your fault.

8. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

Let me ask you guys this:

How many of your cars have I wrecked so far?

It's a "round" number, but that's the only hint you'll get.

9. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

I haven't even ever been to Australia. If I caused you to wreck, I don't remember..

10. dairyair

dairyair Well-Known Member

And when do you expect to wreck one of our cars? Same answer as all of us have, NEVER? But stuff happens. It was uninsured motorists that got this law put into place in the 1st place.

11. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Let me ask you this. Have you EVER had a moving violation?

Have you had a violation in the last 3 years? If so, How many?

Have you ever had any auto accident?

BONUS QUESTION:
    When did the insurance company cancel your coverage and report you to the DMV?

12. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

yeah. And that means you should fine me now, rather than when it happens..why?

If insurance were voluntary, people would think twice about getting on the road with a highly expensive vehicle, because they'd know that insurance would not necessarily replace it etc. if it got destroyed/damaged. That would cause this ARTIFICIAL DEMAND for cars to lower.

13. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

I don't drive much, but the answer to those questions is all "zero".

14. Big George

Big George Banned

Do you have ANY clue how stupid that is?

Irresponsible people - such as yourself - already look at auto insurance as optional. All that your irresponsibility has done is drive up premiums for everyone else.

15. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

uh yeah, premiums are high because they're FORCED on you.

Ask yourself a question, genius. If the state FORCES you to buy a product, is that product going to be more expensive, or less expensive, than if the producers of said product had to ATTRACT you to VOLUNTARILY buy the product? Will the product be better or worse?

16. XLR8TR

XLR8TR New Member

NO! Your logic is once again flawed. The smart people who have money would be the ones buying insurance. The poor and uneducated will not buy insurance and WON'T be able to afford to pay for any damages since they DON'T have any money.

17. BullsLawDan

BullsLawDan New Member

How has the state forced me to buy car insurance?

18. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Driving is a privileged, not a right. There are rules that come with that privileged. No one is forcing you to buy Car Insurance. Just don't drive, take public transportation, taxis, bicycle, ride a horse or walk. If you want to drive a car, you must have car insurance.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  19. ronmatt

ronmatt New Member

If you're not responsible enough to insure your vehicle, then chances are your not responsible enough the step up to the plate and pay for damages you cause to someone else's car and body. Ergo, the state mandates that you have insurance if you're going to drive. If you're paying off a loan on that car, the finance company is entitled to be assured that if damaged...the damage is properly repaired....this ain't tough stuff.

20. flounder

flounder In Memoriam Past Donor

Sooo, you figure the only damage done is to another car huh? What about store fronts? Or a phone pole? a regular phone pole is 5,000 dollars, the larger ones ten thousand....What about injuries? Injury law suits are MUCH higher than damage done to an auto... Others have a right to be protected from those that drive a two thousand pound missile...and who should pay for that? the pedestrian???

I refuse to let you be irresponsible!!

Also in this day and age can most people do without a vehicle?, would not many people need a loan to purchase one? Who will protect the Banks interest?

21. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

No, you are suffering from the fog in your own mind. You ARE free to drive a vehicle that you own outright, no loan, on property that you also own. And you are free to do so without insurance and even without a license.

However if you wish to drive on public roads owned by all of us, me more so than you, and endanger every other person on or near a road, then you MUST have a license and insurance. So that YOU are financially responsible for any ACCIDENT [do you understand 'accident?'] that you cause.

ac·ci·dent (ks-dnt, -dnt)
    n.
    a. An unexpected and undesirable event, especially one resulting in damage or harm: car accidents on icy roads.
    b. An unforeseen incident.

2. Lack of intention; chance.

22. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

What a bigoted idiotic post. You aren't worth my time.

23. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

uh, you aren't even allowed to drive anywhere without buying it, or else the state will tell you you're not allowed to drive your own car anywhere. That's WRONG.

24. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

Yeah and someone could arson your house later today. Does that mean you should be allowed, through politics, to fine me and everyone else now in order to make sure I could pay for your health and house damages if I, or anyone else, arsons your house in the future?

Yes or no? Answer that directly, no dodging.

25. DeathStar

DeathStar Banned

Look at previous post.

Seems most people, on the left and right, are authoritarians at heart, based on this thread.