Should Affirmative Action Programs be abolished?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Ostap Bender, Feb 5, 2012.

?

Should Affirmative Action Programs be abolished?

1. Yes

11 vote(s)
    78.6%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  3. I dunno

1 vote(s)
    7.1%
  1. Ostap Bender

Ostap Bender Well-Known Member

Yep, whites are mostly discriminated people in the U.S.

2. Ostap Bender

So-called "progressives" are either naive dreamers or idiots, nevertheless no one dare to live in a black neighborhood.

3. Trinnity

Trinnity Banned

The time is past to retire the AA program. It served it's purpose and is no longer appropriate.

It's all about grades. Make the grades and you can get in any college.

4. Ostap Bender

Exactly, it is an instrument for discriminating of whites.

5. Ostap Bender

Not only conservatives, but also all whites because AA can transform whites in a stratum of slaves.

6. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

It also discriminates against asians if I'm not mistaken. We need to think of this globally. On a global scale, all these programs do is make our nation less competitive. American liberals are putting the gun to Uncle Sam's head and unrelentingly pulling the trigger...

7. Ostap Bender

According to Political Correctness every white is a "supremacist" if he fights for his rights and against discrimination.

8. Archer0915

Archer0915 New Member

That is because they are racist scum. I grew up (79-86) in Fayetteville NC. I lived in Foxfire. I never had a problem because there was some sort of unity.

Today the progressives have pushed the Black man back 100 years with their policies. There is very little unity today and it does hurt all of us. Politics is tearing us apart. Having Liberals tell you that you can legally be discriminated against because of your color breeds a little disdain and because the sorry ass white racist trash behind the liberal beast hides behind blacks the black population gets a bad rap.

I blame white trash democrat leadership for this stupid (*)(*)(*)(*).

9. Ostap Bender

I have nothing against Asians, they work mostly hardly and are very successful.It would be good if they join whites against AA which benefits only blacks.

10. Ostap Bender

They are not only idiots but also the traitors of our Western Civilization.

Archer0915 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Archer0915

Archer0915 New Member

In the end it actually hurts the black population. It makes them look like pawns in a white mans game and builds some stress between the races. It gets them elected because they claim to fight for equality. They fight to keep the issues going to stay in office.

Are there problems? Yes! AA in its current form needs to go. I do think some sort of protection needs to be there for every American though. Black or white or gay or whatever. There is just too big of a mix in this country today to limit this.

12. Ostap Bender

As well-known blacks are the best protected minority, not others.

Trinnity and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

When Europe was in its Dark Ages, it was Jewish and Muslim run schools which admitted White skinned Christian Europeans into their schools in Spain. Sadly, many worthy Jews and Muslims were denied admission so that these White Christians could be admitted.

But this was not the first instance of Affirmative Action.

Go back all the way to ancient Egypt where schools admitted poor White Greeks into their schools in order to promote enlightenment. See Histories by Herodotus for proof.

Affirmative action has been around since time immemorial. And it has always been Whites who benefited until now. Now that others are enjoying what Whites have had since the 11th century - that is 11th century BC - how is it evil when it was considered a good thing before?

--------------

Abolish affirmative action? OK - but abolish all forms of discrimination first such as arrest quotas, race based selective enforcement of law, redlining, redistricting, conventional discrimination, and all forms of racial profiling. That's a fair enough exchange, right?

14. SFJEFF

SFJEFF New Member

Seriously- you are just making this stuff up right?

I wouldn't mind a serious discussion about whether Affirmative Action programs should be abolished, but I am not going to bother when you try to justify it with whatever pops into your head.

15. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

arab jewish and muslims allowed whites into their schools when they had their empires, even the africans allowed white greeks into their schools during the egyptian empire.

now the white empire must allow other races into their school during their empire, its only fair.

16. Wildjoker5

Wildjoker5 Well-Known Member

No, its not "fair". Just cause other countries in other parts of the world at different times did something one way, doesn't mean we have to do it as well. "Fair" is treating everyone equally.

17. Mr_Truth

Mr_Truth Well-Known Member

Years ago I had a book about student life at an Ivy League school - Yale or Harvard, forgot which one. My favorite story involved a young White scholar from Iowa who was the son of a penniless farmer. The youth was a brilliant student who endured many jokes about him being a yokel, hillbilly, hick, bumpkin, etc while his classmates were all privileged suburbanites. But he knew the jokes were all in fun and without any malice. After 4 years of a rigorous curriculum, he graduated with high honors and was looking forward to a rewarding career. Luckily for him, he did not have to pay tuition because he was entered into the school under its affirmative action policy.

The year was 1880.

As I wrote above, affirmative action has existed since the 11th century BC. Up to now, Whites have been the exclusive beneficiaries. Since it has been so good up to now, then it cannot suddenly be thought to be a bad thing now that Blacks and others are benefiting from something that has existed since time immemorial.