Some people think we need less government

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by bwk, Mar 26, 2013.

1. johnmayo

johnmayo New Member Past Donor

2. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

I have relatives rattling off the same nonsense, while enjoying medicare, medicaid, and S.S. And couldn't survive without it. And when you hold their feet to the fire by asking them exactly how did Obama ruin America? They can't give a definitive answer. Or, how is it that they hate Obamacare but know nothing about it while it is ruining their lives, except that it's not. You feel like sometimes you're on an island living with a bunch of ignorant cave dwellers, and they happen to be your relatives.

3. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Yup. I would have gone a bit further with the conversation but things were getting too heated and the rest of the family seemed a bit on edge. They're the typical right wing supporter though, and I guess it's silly to argue with them but, I did..one time. We both kinda swore off discussing politics in the future. I guess we both lost a little respect for each other though. Nice people but really ignorant politically, but then, so is most of the public. Oh well. What are ya gonna do?

4. Dezzy

Dezzy New Member

What a fine insular outlook and overgeneralized personal prejudice you have.

5. johnmayo

Who paid for Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid? If it was those same people, they would have way more cash on hand if they bought private market retirement, health insurance and disability insurance. But that is government, always stealing! They know they can pretend that they "give it to the people" and someone will believe them.

- - - Updated - - -

Many people who work in government now could be working in the private sector if government didn't monopolize certain industries. Like education where it fails students despite mountains of money.

6. Unifier

Unifier New Member

The man claimed he'd cut the deficit in half by the end of his first term. It's higher now than it was when he took office. Do the math on what we now owe and tell me how long it will take to pay that back.

7. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

Lol! You have a great dry sense of humor even though I know your post was serious. And to make me laugh, may not have been your intention. But it did I think, because I relate to the same thing.Your right though, what are you going to do? I just assumed everyone could see a forest. I just never figured the trees would get in the way.

8. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Debunk? From an anonymous kook blog, why? If what they were saying was the truth they wouldn't have to hide their real identity. You can believe what ever phony baloney stories you want like..............

OBAMA JOINS NRA

[​IMG]

It's on the internet it must be true! Some folks will believe ANYTHING!

9. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

And depending on what private market retirement fund you are talking about, many people lost everything they put into the private fund. If you do a little math, losing everything from private markets versus collecting a S.S. check every month, doesn't sound so much like stealing to me. And disability insurance, what a joke. I have a friend right now that needed to file a claim for a policy he had for twenty years for a site specific job, and he's taking them to court right now because of non-payment. He can no longer do that particular job because of a medical problem and they're giving him the run around. Private is for one thing; profit. Which is fine. And some do create jobs. But their focus has never been job creation. Just profit for the company. This guy I'm talking about worked for a private company, and was let go because of medical reasons, collected unemployment, thanks to the government, and now that the unemployment has run out, the private insurance won't pay. And because of the illness, his private company flushed him down the toilet because it wasn't profitable to keep him. Is this the private sector prosperity you are talking about?

I think next time I'll ask my friend if the government pretended to give him an unemployment check when he needed it, or did the private sector just pretend to let him go. I wonder which one helped him out the most?

10. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

So you plead no contest. I new you were full of it.

11. johnmayo

When was there a 5 year period that the stock market didn't trounce the Social Security returns? How long do you plan to be retired? Social Security by the way takes most of what Americans invest in their retirement, yet is only pays enough to keep them pretty poor. Anyone who supports a regressive tax that pays out based on population, accrues no interest, is placed in trust of politicians and steals the inheritances of the children of the working poor must be unaware of how the program works.

Who paid for his unemployment insurance?

12. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

That's about ads funny as an English Literature Major pontificating on Politics.

Oh it gets better, the anonymous blog author is a senior fellow at the Nation Institute who has received funding from George Soros's Open Society Institute.

I can smell the stench of a Soros echo chamber from a mile away

13. bwk

bwk Well-Known Member

We'll, from the looks of your closing argument from your admission of no contest, you couldn't let it go. You had to spit out a few more useless sentences of drool, so as to feed your own ego of stench .

14. PrometheusBound

PrometheusBound New Member

15. johnmayo

16. PrometheusBound

The laissez-faire fairy tale is based on the fantasy that people act rationally and know their own best interest. In the real world, a company that paid students while they were in college would get the most talented ones and drive its competitors out of business. But the typical employer is driven emotionally by bullying instincts to hire those who have proved their slavishness by humiliating themselves the most in order to get hired. The Capitaliban dogma wishfully sees the world as a Parasites' Paradise where everyone licks their boots. Like a malignant tumor, the Greedheads and Heirheads feed off their host until it dies. Then they die too. We must surgically remove this tumor.

17. PrometheusBound

18. johnmayo

19. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

The right obstructs, disrupts, and badmouths everybody and brag how much better they can do, yet, when given the chance, or come election time, we get a Bush, or a Romney. They got NOTHIN'.

I hate republicans.

20. johnmayo

If it is any consolation, they are not fond of you. You steal from them through threat of violence though to pay for programs you don't like. What do they do to you?

21. PrometheusBound

22. johnmayo

23. PrometheusBound

I wish it were violence, which only exists in your paranoiac nightmares. There is not even a threat of violence, unless your paranoia makes you think that the nutcase at Virginia Tech was setting a trend. As the guillotine rusts, so does freedom. The curse of history is that the revolutionaries who take over also re-institute the cancer of hereditary privileges. Look at the hereditary dictatorship in North Korea, each son more insane than his father, which always happens when you have birthrights. Left Wing or Right Wing, they are body parts of the same aristocratic vulture. Also showing how self-destructive your attitude is, the Koreans' evangelist, Karl Marx, was born in the upper class. Guillotine Fodder like that always have a "born to rule" attitude, which is the complete explanation of why Communism became a dictatorship. The spoiled slime that oozes out of rich men's trophy wives always believe that everybody loves them, which explains the fact that Communist revolutionaries are suckers for opportunists like Stalin.

The thing that you oppose the most was created by the thing that a class-traitor loves the most. But you have to convince yourself about the existence of this imaginary being, "a rich person on our side." They are all in it together, scab, and are laughing at the people who follow them down both sides of the aisle. They represent nothing but a funeral mass for democracy.

24. PrometheusBound

25. The13thFloor

The13thFloor New Member

I definitely believe we need less government!! The government wastes our money under the guise of "helping the poor," but they shouldn't waste as much money as they do! I mean, we're 18 trillions dollars in debt, and the government believes they can just keep borrowing, printing and, spending and it will all just go away!!