Misandry

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by Glücksritter, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Lady Luna

Lady Luna New Member

Men also feel and women also think.

2. Warspite

Warspite Banned

In many cases men repress their feelings to their detriment :p

3. Caeia Iulia Regilia

Caeia Iulia Regilia New Member

I'm a woman, sir. I just happen to think that the accusations of rape and abuse are being used as a weapon or a cover for women's own irresponsible behavior.

Rape for example. There are a lot of cases in which a woman will get herself drunk and be taken advantage of in those situations. Well, unless she accepts the drinks or buys them herself, the man is not responsible for her bad choices that lead her to the state of agreeing to have sex. She did drink those drinks herself, and she did agree to the sex. I'm sorry but that's just what happened. And the fact that a women can in many cases ruin a man for the rest of his life (by branding him a "sex offender" and making him a felon (which makes getting a decent job almost impossible)), while she is never called to account for her actions that lead to a very mutual bad decision is blatently unfair.

Domestic violence in some cases are the exact same thing. Both people are fighting, but the man is automatically guilty. If you're yelling, screaming and swinging at anyone, they will defend themselves. That's what people do. But at the point at which he fights back -- even if she is punching at him, he's an abuser and she can call the cops and get him arrested.

If women want real equality, they need to understand that equality means equality in everything. That means that if you do things that compromise your judgement, you don't get to have the other party arrested for helping encouraging you to make a bad decision. If you and your spouse are fighting, and the cops get called, they should treat both of you as abusers and not just the man. If you go out the front door dressed in strategicly placed ribbons of cloth, you don't get to cry foul when a man notices you in that way. You can't dress like a prostitute and then get upset when a guy notices your looks. You can't "express your sexuality" in public and get mad when people treat you as primarily a sexual being.

Men are almost always held to account for their bad decisions. If he wakes up after a night of drinking next to a woman he doesn't know, he can't cry rape. If he gets into a fight and is actively trying to injure the other person, he can't claim domestic violence and have the other guy arrested. If he goes out in public nearly naked, he accepts that this means that other people will be looking at his body.

I want equality -- I want men and women to be equal. But I don't think that the immature feminism of today is going to come close. Today's feminism is all about taking all the perks of manhood (more money and prestige in business) while keeping every benefit they get from being a woman, including most especially the notion that if she makes a bad decision or puts herself in a bad position or starts a fight, she can blame the male for anything that comes from those bad choices.

Equality means not just rights but responsibilities as well. If you just take the rights without giving up the special treatment, you aren't after equality.

4. kilgram

kilgram New Member

That also are partriarchal, and more stronger. It doesn't mean that USA and European countries aren't based in patriarchal models.

5. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Not like women they don't, unless they're feminized.

6. 808state

808state New Member

I don't know where to begin with this post. You argument is assuming a lot. Firstly, it's assuming that most women don't take the responsibility, and are willing to lie just to get men in trouble. I would say this is a pretty large generalization to make.

I would say that the cases in which women lie about rape or domestic abuse are in the minority. I would say we live in a society where many women (and men) are afraid to come forward about being raped or being in abusive relationship largely because of the attitude you have presented in your post. The idea if a woman gets raped that she either put herself in that position or lied about it, it's a very dangerous assumption to make.

From what I've seen with domestic abuse, both the man and the woman will get arrested if it's shown that they were both fighting each-other. I suppose a woman could lie in this situation, but so could the man.

Now, maybe you are speaking from personal experience and the women you know routinely lie about rape and domestic abuse just to get their man in trouble or something, but I doubt it's the majority.

As far as women being cat-called when they dress a certain, as a woman, you can wear anything and get cat-called. It doesn't take much. Men are able to control themselves though, I don't see if a woman is wearing something a bit skimpy or that is perceived to be a bit skimpy, that a man automatically has the right to yell things at her. That's not cool. We live in a society that sexualizes the female body much more than the male body. That's not biology, that's societal. And that creates a double standard against the woman.

Now, all that isn't to say that men don't suffer as well from double standards. But these double standards, I would argue, are a result of living in a patriarchal society. The fact that many men are beaten by their spouses and are raped by men or women, and their is a lot of shame in coming forward about it for fear of being laughed at or not being taken seriously or being viewed as less of a "man", so a lot of them don't and they don't get the help they need. If you want to help the fellas out, I'd say raising awareness about that is a good place to start, not making women out to be the enemy.

7. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

In my opinion, there should be less misandry if would "improve" their communication style to be less ambiguous and avoiding the impression of being hetero-phobic; instead of resorting to forms of victimization to achieve their ends.

8. Glücksritter

Glücksritter Well-Known Member

Sorry, but I cannot read this generalization in this post. This post only states that she has the possibility.

Pardon, still I cannot read this statement in the post you cite.

I don't know in which state you are living but in many countries exist so called anti domestic violent laws which gives women the upper hand in this situation.

The majority of women does not lie about rape, as most men don't rape, but the occuring rape cases are an intrument to spread hate against men.

I think it's rather biology than influences of the society, it's a mixture of both, but I think the root of that is that men are aroused by the look of handsome women.

The topic id misandry, not making en enemy out of women. Nevertheless it is often feminist activists that want to take away civil rights of men. I don't state that women are represented by those feminists.

9. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

I believe there would be much less misandry if nice girls would simply use nice guys for sex until a guy clamors for a relationship.

10. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Some women hate men.. So what?

Some men hate women.

11. MisLed

MisLed New Member

EXCELLENT post.

12. MisLed

MisLed New Member

but our society is now aiding women in their vengefulness for lack of a better term at this moment, toward men .

13. Margot

Oh you mean when daddy has to pay child support???

Its so unfair, isn't it?

Just let the STATE pay to raise your kids.

14. MisLed

MisLed New Member

Television: Men are generally portrayed as idiots, clueless, laughable.

Our female politicians: Recently said that 'women can do it better'. No, they can't. Women and other minorites are vengeful and feel vindicated doing whatever legal or not in order to make up for our socalled Patriarchal society.

Ever watch a women's group/club. My gosh they are witches. To EACH other and they will lie in a NY minute in order to get their way. And they suffer no remorse for that behavior.

Sports and Education: Always making it level for the women. Schools are dropping certain men's sports in order to accomodate women's sports. There are also academic benefits available for women rather than men.

15. MisLed

MisLed New Member

No. That's not what i'm talking about at all. Let's keep to the subject.

16. Margot

You poor thing.. Change the channel.

Sounds like YOU hate women.

Falena and (deleted member) like this.
  17. MisLed

MisLed New Member

It doesn't do any of us any good to deny the evidence. You can make fun of ME all you want but that is not a valid part of this discussion. Or is it?

I AM a woman. I KNOW how women think and behave. I also have sons and daughters. Are you a mother?>

18. Margot

Yes and I love men.. I have gobs of sons, brothers and uncles.

This is a silly thread.

People are shaped by their experiences.. There is NO good or bad gender.

Gwendoline and (deleted member) like this.
  19. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

I think polygamy could help reduce the incidence of misandry. Consider a hypothetical where two or more women establish a relationship with a guy.

Would those women have more or less of a chance to develop forms of misandry by reducing her "wifely workload" by half?

In my opinion, no nice guy with several wives should ever get jealous or want to micromanage the lives of those women, if it is not what they want. From one perspective, a nice guy could let some wives have a girls night out or have a fling, as long as they practice safer forms of sex and make sure at least one of them has to "post up" with the guy while the rest are gone to be themselves for awhile.

20. MisLed

MisLed New Member

There ya go. Thinking about yourself again.

21. Bender

Bender New Member

When women talk about "how women are" they're usually only talking about themselves.
    Ah, projection.

22. MisLed

MisLed New Member

Projection is predominant on the left. I've watched what these ladies do. And don't tell me you've never seen it.

23. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Thank you. It would help if you presented an argument yourself.

24. axialturban

axialturban Well-Known Member

I think hate would be a bit strong. I dont think many people hate the male gender as a whole. Dislike, yes. I do though think a lot of women and some men consider the male gender to be too easily and persistantly influenced by biological imperatives such as reproduction and authoritative dominance. The flipside is women are also too easily influenced, but not by biological imperatives, but rather logical inefficiencies caused by their higher standing emotions - thats due to probably having a greater range of EQ thanks to the larger corpus callosum. I think though misogyny originally didnt come from the dislike, but the repression required to keep women oppressed for so long. Now misogyny additionally tends to range from a counter-reaction to female authority to resistance to affirmative action. I think women suffer more misogyny then men do misandry, but men are more sensitive against it because they feel like they are loosing out in the deal, and also feel that some women have a natural advantage due to their beauty and its effect on men. The comparitive effect on women used to be the financial and physical security only men could provide, but this has been reduced due to feminism meaning men feel like they have lost their power in some way.

25. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

In the US, many women seem to be happier nagging and complaining about stuff rather than be ambitious enough to find some simple solutions to some of their dilemmas. In my opinion, many women seem to know how to "game the system" by playing the victim instead of being more proactive as is usually expected of a man.