When do we execute Manning?

Discussion in 'Security & Defenses' started by Hate_bs, Feb 11, 2012.

1. sablegsd

sablegsd Banned

The little homosexual has no morals. He did it for attention because he was "in a bad place emotionally." I hope he is in a bad place physically for the rest of his worthless life.

2. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Is he really homosexual?....

Anyways what's the punishment for treason again? Execution? Okay, let's go with that....

3. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

Or, we should just let him go, a free man. Set a precident that those who release information to the enemy about our operational capabilities that put lives and missions at risk is not a serious crime and we wont punish you for doing so. I have never met any disgruntled military members since I have been in..:disbelief:

4. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

So not only are you flippant about him having a trial but you are also flippant about him not having a trial.

5. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

I think we should just let him go free. If we imprison him, he will just be used to incite more anger from well meaning middle easterners.

6. Up On the Governor

Up On the Governor Well-Known Member

Sergeant Sarcasm. I hope.

7. philxx

philxx New Member

Oh gee the US Military is so stupid as to not respond with changes in its operational procedures if they are that stupid then no wonder they Lost the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.

What the hero private Manning did alledgedly ,was the true meaning of free speech and democracy.

The reason for America remember?

8. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

That or the biggest terrorist appeasing pushover who weaseled his way into a uniform.

9. Chariot

Chariot Banned

Freedom of speech ends when there is a clear and present danger; such as the danger of one of our helicopters being shot down.

By the way, the US won in Afghanistan when it really counted; helping the Afganis kick the imperialist communist cockroaches out.

10. Up On the Governor

Up On the Governor Well-Known Member

I will always give our people the benefit of the doubt, but you can never be sure with today's Big Blue.

11. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

I'll have to agree with you and bank on the benefit of the doubt. Me thinks he gave himself away with the "well meaning middle easterners". lol, Islamists.

12. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

What?!?! You mean you don't like spending a nice afternoon in the sun sharing a piece of Khubz with someone that wants to blow you up? :)

13. RevAnarchist

RevAnarchist New Member Past Donor

I agree. There is a reason I am a prepper! I want to run and hide from this nutty world, yes I know that nutty is in the eye of the beholder, a subjective term at best that!

I detest that word. It sounds like candy stripper or is that candy striper? ha ha..what a visual. No really, It denotes some kind of light weight survivalist, ha ha... If I were 18 years old I would fight to regain my country and fight against the attack on our traditional values. However I am not going to waste my time for a cause that will take at least twenty years. So I am building a small paradise instead and will work for my countries (soul) survival from there.

Anyway, yep the state fried Tim M. And would have fried Koresh if anything was left. I do not approve of the Death Sentence because the state, ie the nation is only too eager to murder its scape goats.

prepping for security ;

[​IMG]

reva

Viv and (deleted member) like this.
  14. DA60

DA60 Banned

Never, I hope.

Is he a hero?

Probably not.

But is his crime worthy of the death sentence?

Not even close in my book.

15. Viv

Viv Banned by Request

It's a bit of a hot potato, although it should be a legal process only. There is a case for that to be done in order to deter others from doing what he did, but there is a case for information transparency in order to avoid corruption.

He did release video of the apparent murder of innocent people. It will be interesting to see what he puts forward as his motivation and mitigation for what he did.

Whatever he proves, if he released all of that information and it is classified secret, it appears he committed treason.

I agree the system failed, he should not have had ability to do what he did. He is not the only flaw or culpable party.

If US treats him harshly, it will attract criticism. If they don't, it will attract ridicule, set a precedent and open the gate for others to do what he did. I can't see that happening.

They have shown restraint and know the world is watching and to avoid attracting hate and international censure, he needs to receive a fair trial and if found guilty no one can criticise US for exacting the appropriate sentence.

It is nobody's business but US. It's a matter for them to try him. If it was a matter of conscience regarding the murder video he may have some grounds to have released that, but I don't see how he's going to justify the rest of the information and walk away.

16. MegadethFan

MegadethFan Well-Known Member

So sad to see this tripe here.

If he is executed, I guess his last words will be something like "I only regret that I have but one life to give for my country," eh?

...Nathan Hale

17. IgnoranceisBliss

IgnoranceisBliss Well-Known Member

What video showed civilains being murdered? When did the Hague/UN investigate?

18. MegadethFan

MegadethFan Well-Known Member

They cant because, typically, the US doesn't recognize international courts of justice. Now why would a nation that loves liberty and justice so much reject such basic institutions? Answer: they are guilty of such immorality themselves.

19. PoliticalRuckus

PoliticalRuckus New Member

That's so stupid.

20. PoliticalRuckus

PoliticalRuckus New Member

WRONG! He had "Secret Clearance" not "Top Secret"

21. IgnoranceisBliss

IgnoranceisBliss Well-Known Member

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...kileaks-case/2011/12/13/gIQADURzwO_story.html

All intelligence analysts have top secret security clearances in the military. Some media outlets don't seem to understand the significant distinction between a secret and top-secret clearance.

22. Viv

Viv Banned by Request

You chose to "overlook" the key word ... apparent...Apparent, does not equate with Hague/UN investigation. "Apparent" treason, does not equate to guilty without opportunity to present his side.

As the other poster pointed out, it is apparently not an option for US to be investigated by Hague/UN, although that video has been investigated by British reporters who indicate the people shot were apparently innocent and not involved in terrorist activity. It's somewhat vague in my memory, but I believe they were holding cameras, not guns.

These things happen in the theatre of war. But you have to hold your hands up and make reparation when they do. Injustice can have a ripple effect and even your own officers can become quite tetchy about it. They are after all, laying their lives on the line for an ideal. Fighting for the country they believe has the highest ideals and will always try to do the right thing...not just publicly.

23. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

How about being accurate, instead of spewing inaccurate propaganda?

The US does recognize the International Courst of Justice at the Hague. In fact, Joan Donoghue of the United States is currently one of the judges that sits in judgement at The Hague.

http://www.icj-cij.org/court/index.php?p1=1&p2=2&p3=1&judge=171

The only thing the US does not agree to is compulsory jurisdiction. But since that is not a requirement of the court in the first place, (any judgements are then forwarded to the UN for compliance) that does not matter anyways.

So very nice posting. To bad it is crap.

24. Courtney203

Courtney203 New Member

Are you telling me the international community can't have its own trial if they believe stronly enough, that an injustice has occurred? The can, and have, without the authority of the country being convicted, had trials in the past in such instances. The reason they have not had one against the US is because doing so, would open up a can of worms. There would be so many trials for percieved human rights violations that the system would be completly ineffective, kind of like the justice system in america is becoming due to the large amount of frivolous lawsuit claims. There simply is no evidence, or marginal evidence that the US has committed these crimes. The only thing out there is rhetorical and emotional argument that some of these things have been committed. Bringing the facts to light and convicting the US for such acts would implicate just about every country on the planet for the same things. That is not what they want, they dont want a trial. They just want the perception that america is doing these things so that they dont have to answer for the same or worse in their own countries.

25. Mushroom

Mushroom Well-Known Member

One of the reasons it is frequently claimed he had a "Secret" clearance is where he got the information from. He obtained everything he leaked from "SIPRNet", which stands for "Secret Internet Protocol Router Network". And the information released covered all levels of classification, ranging from FOUO ("For Official Use Only"), all the way up to Top Secret.

But most of the information released was classified Secret. Most people do not know or understand how the Government classifies things. In the military, we use the word "Classified" as a catch-all phrase. But to give things a more "official" sound, most reporters simply say "Secret" to add to the sensationalism.

And yes, he had a Top Secret clearance. He was a 35F, Intelligence Analyst. And if you want to know what is required for this job, it is not hard to discover at all:

ASVAB Score Required: 105 in aptitude area ST

Security Clearance: Top Secret

Strength Requirement: medium

Physical Profile Requirement: 222221.

Other Requirements
    •Normal color vision required
    •Must be US Citizen
    •Never been a member of the U.S. Peace Corps
    •No record of conviction by court-martial
    •No record of conviction by a civil court for any offense other than minor traffic violations
    •Soldier and spouse must not have immediate family mem bers who reside in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be common practice
    •Have neither commercial nor vested interest in a country within whose boundaries physical or mental coercion is known to be a common practice against persons acting in the interest of the U.S. This requirement applies to the soldier's spouse as well

So this should end the debate on what his clearance was.