All Liberal Chiristians are False Teachers

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by Greataxe, Apr 30, 2012.

1. Wingless

Wingless New Member

I disagree.

But woe unto you that are rich! for ye have received your consolation. -Luke 6:24

Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you. - James 5:1

“And all that believed were together, and had all things common;
    And sold their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as every man had need.” Acts 2:44-45

The NT is full of communist bull(*)(*)(*)(*); anyone who says otherwise is deluded.

2. Wingless

Wingless New Member

Oh please. Honestly, the biblical god doesn’t make any sense. If he made all of mankind and sewed us together in the womb then he is ultimately the source of homosexuality and all other “abominations.” He was the one who made it possible for men to be attracted with one another and have sexual relations. The devil can’t create things like physical attraction or pleasure, only god can; since only god can create why did he make inter-sexual people (people with sexual characteristics of both genders) and the like… Who should they have sex with or spend their lives with? The Bible doesn’t have the answers because it was written by silly desert savages who didn’t know anything beyond their own meaningless prejudices.
    You need to find other people to look up to and build your opinions on.

3. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

Wow, I didn't realize that people thousands of years ago were so stupid and savage. I guess any ignorant simpleton who could believe in any God would be too unenlightened to make the pyramids or other complex sturctures without modern equipment 3 or 4 thousand years ago. I would also guess your knowledge of the Bible isn't any better than those of the great people you look up to.

4. Tarheeler

Tarheeler Active Member Past Donor

If you're not going to even attempt to address my questions, I'd rather you just stop replying to them.
    This run-around you're trying to pull off is terrible.

All you've said so far is that "liberal" Christians are terrible for picking which laws they want to follow, and that you're a much better example of a "true" Christian when you pick and choose which laws you want to follow.

All I see is textbook hypocrisy.

5. Wolverine

Wolverine New Member Past Donor

6. Wolverine

Unless he advocates killing homosexuals, unruly children, and unbelievers I do not see how he is any different from the "cafeteria Christians" he so readily condemns.

No True Scotsman Fallacy anyone?

7. Wolverine

Unless he advocates killing homosexuals, unruly children, and unbelievers I do not see how he is any different from the "cafeteria Christians" he so readily condemns.

No True Scotsman Fallacy anyone?

8. Anders Hoveland

Anders Hoveland Banned

I would especially like to point out the "Church of Religious Science" as promoting not only religious, but also social and politically liberal values. If Evangelical Christians have been accused of promoting conservatism, the Church of Religious Science is the one promoting liberal values.

9. Wolverine

Evangelical churches do promote conservative views, one of the churches I attend seems to make a habit of it.

10. Tarheeler

Exactly.

11. Wolverine

One fun example of how the NT contradicts the OT is in tithing.

The OT says you *must* give at least 10%, maybe as high as 23%. The NT says “Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” 2 Corinthians 9:7.

So yeah..... I do not see why people give so much attention to the OT when the NT (the new law, the new order) contradicts quite a few parts.

12. gophangover

gophangover Well-Known Member

It seems that everyone cherry picks scripture to justify themselves. My favorite is, "It's not what enters the mouth that defiles a person, but comes out of the mouth. For what proceeds from the mouth comes from the heart." You know their heart by their words. You are exposed axe.

13. gophangover

"I come not to banish the law, but to fulfill it."-Jesus

14. Wolverine

Which does nothing to argue a point.

OT - You must give X%
    NT - Give what you can.

Contradiction.

15. Greataxe

Greataxe Well-Known Member Past Donor

I really should be more angry at the church leaders who wildly misinterpret the Bible, as they are most at fault. Some blame has got to fall on those who won't even try to read the Bible, or even just the four gospels, and then justifly legal arguments about who or what to believe without having a deep understanding.

So do you follow Paul or Jesus? Did they contradict the OT or each other?

The liberal Christians basically say that you only have to believe in Jesus and love others, and the OT laws, really, even the ten commandment don't all apply now. Then why do Jesus and Paul still cover them in Matt: 5:21-48, and Romans 13:8-10 and tell people to follow them if they no longer apply? The fact is the moral laws still do apply. Jesus said in Matt 5:17-20: "Do not think I came to abolish the law or the prophets, I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. For truely I tell you, until heaven and earth disapper (yes the earth is still here), not the smallest letter, not the least stroke of the pen, will by any means disappear from the law until all is accomplished.

Because Jesus is the perfect sacrfice, and the new word is for every person on the earth, ritual and ceremonial acts and laws no longer apply. In Mark: 7:14-19 Jesus said all foods are clean to eat, and so did Peter in Acts 10:15 and as Paul did many times.

So I follow what both Jesus and Paul says, Liberal Christians really only follow what liberal Christians want to believe.

16. Wolverine

But..... you are a cafeteria Christian, just like the ones you so readily condemn.

17. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

And now it's time for another episode of everybody's least favorite game show - "MY BIBLE IS BETTER THAN YOUR BIBLE!"

You've already ignored shellfish, beards, and a bunch of other inconsequential stuff that got mentioned in the same breath as the anti-gay stuff, but you didn't bring it up and I doubt you consider any of it particularly important, but it's there in black and white. So either you're as bad a Christian as the people you're trying to bait or you have the magic decoder key that tells special people which parts of the Bible are literal and which aren't.

It really seems like your focus on homosexuality and bestiality has nothing to do with the handful of mentions each merits in the big book and a lot to do with you. Give it a rest and picket lobster fishermen for a while or people are going to think you've got an unhealthy obsession.

Oh, and congratulations. Your interpretation of the Bible is the true and correct word of God. Go and stand in line with the ten million other geniuses who think the same thing but keep your opinions to yourself or there'll be a lot of disagreeing.

18. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

We have a pretty good idea how the pyramids were built and I don't know how belief in god(s) played a part, except maybe as inspiration. The Egyptians, when they started building all that stuff about 3000 BCE might have believed in Gods, but none of them was the Christian one.

They weren't stupid. They were ignorant, comparatively speaking, just as we are of the people who'll live 5000 years from now. They had a solid sense of rudimentary math and geometry but modern chemistry, physics, biology, cosmology and even geography were unknown to them. People back then invented gods to explain things they couldn't. They did the best they could but thankfully we can do better.

19. Tarheeler

I don't care who you want to blame. You seem to be just as much the problem as any of the ones you listed.

I don't follow either.

And yet you advocate following the Bible piecemeal. You really only follow what you want to believe.

And, after everything is said and done, that's fine. It's how most religious adherents operate.
    But stop being a hypocrite about it; don't bash someone when you're doing the exact same thing.

20. gophangover

I've heard two theories on the building of the pyramids. There's the one where slaves piled those 50 tons blocks every three seconds for fifty years to build one pyramid. And there's the theory the aliens built them. Which one are you going with?

BTW, modern technology can't do it.

21. gophangover

You believe what Constantine wants you to believe, which is what his priests put in the Catholic bible. You would rather believe that than know the truth. The less you know, the more you believe. You are to be pitied, for you are lost.

22. toddwv

toddwv Well-Known Member Past Donor

Deuteronomy:
    22.23 If a damsel who is a virgin be betrothed unto a husband, and a man find her in the city and lie with her,
    22.24 then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones, that they die — the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city, and the man,because he hath humbled his neighbor’s wife; so thou shalt put away evil from among you.

John 8: 5-9
    The teachers of the law and the Pharisees brought in a woman caught in adultery. They made her stand before the group and said to Jesus, "Teacher, this woman was caught in the act of adultery. In the Law Moses commanded us to stone such women. Now what do you say?" They were using this question as a trap, in order to have a basis for accusing him. But Jesus bent down and started to write on the ground with his finger. When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at her." Again he stooped down and wrote on the ground. At this, those who heard began to go away one at a time, the older ones first, until only Jesus was left, with the woman still standing there.

--------

Also, how do you feel about fathers getting drunk and impregnating their daughters and dashing the heads of infants on the rocks?

23. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

The other day I walked into an episcopal church mainly to check out the architecture (was constructed in the 30's when someone from the church came to talk to me.

him: hello
    me: hi, nice place
    him: thank you
    me: so what all are your guys beliefs?
    him: well we focus on christ and his love
    me: awesome, me too
    him: and because of that we don't judge anyone, all are welcome, old, young, gay straight, transgender
    me: I see, what uh, what bible do you guys use?
    him: king james
    me: oh, straight for that one huh?
    him: yeah, and since we're a progressive church....
    me: sorry to cut you off, so, uh, how do you guys justify your beliefs when they go against the bible?
    him: well, we focus on christ's love..
    me: uh huh, me too. You know, the word of God is not exactly a progressive word. Even Christ, is not exactly a progressive.
    him: well, we are definitely not what you would call fundamentalists
    me: no, no i wouldn't. Alright well you have a wonderful day
    him: take care now, thanks for coming!

24. fishmatter

fishmatter New Member

There are far more than the two theories you propose, so I'm going to have to go with neither.

25. Anobsitar

Anobsitar Banned

Third theory: It was a completly normal job to build pyramides for egyptians.

http://youtu.be/t63iAnAVN7Q