Are conservatives a party or a cult?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by peoplevsmedia, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

You shouldn't talk that way about followers of the "ONE YOU HAVE BEEN WAITING FOR".

2. ragin cajun

ragin cajun New Member

Nope, the idiots of history are John Maynard Keynes, Saul Alinsky, Lenin, Marx, Mao, Castro, Hitler and all of their followers. Rand had it right in Atlas shrugged. Galt showed how the govt has/is ruining the USA. Just limit the govt to protecting the nation and providing a court system. Leave the rest to the people and the states.

My sig says it all.

3. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

You're talking about liberals, right? It's pretty hard to explain "mindless idiots that obey everything their propaganda masters tell them" when conservatives fight amongst themselves and liberals are always in.lockstep.

4. ragin cajun

ragin cajun New Member

sadly, thats why liberals win elections----because they don't allow themselves to think.

5. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

Hey conservatives... what did Fox News tell you to think today?

6. Hoosier8

Hoosier8 Well-Known Member Past Donor

I don't know, what do the lib blogs tell you?

7. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

Well, you could say it's large enough that it's moved from "cult" to "church"...

Reagan is the "Father"...Dubya the "Son"....Tax Cuts are the "Holy Spirit".

And anyone who disagrees gets thrown out of the Church (or primaried by a Tea Partyer) as a "RINO apostate". Anyone who questions Church dogma gets their mike cut off by Fox News' hosts.

8. akphidelt2007

akphidelt2007 New Member Past Donor

You seem more like a Rush man... what did he tell you to think today? You still really worried about this huge Benghazi conspiracy? Hahahahahaha

9. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

MY "lib blogs" told me the polls WEREN'T skewed and Romney WASN'T going to win in a landslide....what did YOUR news sources tell you?

:)

10. Troianii

:idea: you're an idiot

11. JEFF9K

JEFF9K New Member

Read ATLAS SHRUGGED. Read Galt's 61-page "speech."

12. JEFF9K

JEFF9K New Member

You must have HORRIBLE reading comprehension. But that's common among people who recommend Atlas Shrugged.

13. Troianii

You must be a child, but that's common among people who make infantile statements.

14. hudson1955

hudson1955 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Your thread is titled "Are conservatives a party or a cult?"; so I will respond to that question. The answer is neither. There is no "Conservative Party" just as there is no " LIberal Party". With both parties their are "extremists". What I would like to see is a Party that is "Moderate", leaning to being "Centrist" that looks at each issue facing the Country based on facts(not Party belief) and votes based on how their vote will effect the economy, voters, workers of the Country.

And, just as you, "don't see how GOP do anything for America", I "don't see how Dems do anything for America".

What I want is a Federal Government that spends according to their annual income. Borrows only when the money will be spent on an investment that earns or saves them enough to pay the loan plus interest over the life of the loan. Puts all payroll tax revenue into an account for SS and Medicare, respectively, with no option for spending this money on non-related programs. Adjusting Medicare monthly premiums and deductibles on a yearly basis to adjust for increases in the cost of providing medical care, cost of durable equipment, increase in number of insureds including nursing home patients, home health patients and cost of drugs both new with no generic and increasing in the cost of manufacturing and distributing.

15. hudson1955

hudson1955 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Agree. Plus I will add that MSNBC is far more biased than "any" other Cable News station. I can't even watch them at all as it makes me sick and my BP rises. I only will watch programs on CNN and FOX that are more moderate and attempt to present both views, dem and Repub. and that have guests that represent both sides and views. Only Morning Joe on MSNBC attempts to do that. The rest are radical liberals that do nothing but demonize opposing views, offer little if any factual information to back-up their dumb commentary. They are the T.V. equal of websites who have as their only purpose to attack Fox News, whether what they report is factual of not.

16. LasMa

LasMa Active Member

This kind of hyperbole, mischaracterization, and solipsism is typical of cults.

17. Casper

Casper Banned at Members Request Past Donor

You mean childish like calling others names, thanks for clearing that up.

18. LasMa

LasMa Active Member

There's research to back this up. The far right is populated by what's been termed "authoritarian personalities." See if this sounds like today's Republican base:

http://francoistremblay.wordpress.com/2008/09/05/traits-of-authoritarian-personalities/

http://seesdifferent.wordpress.com/2007/09/08/conservatives-and-the-authoritarian-personality/

Refusal to believe plain facts, suspicion of science and education, political beliefs which can fit on a bumper sticker, trust in their leaders even when the leaders are PROVEN wrong (Rush, Rove), demonization of anyone who is different, a yearning to return to the past -- it's all there, described by the Authoritarian Personality. I don't know if this means today's conservatism is a cult (classical conservatism is not), but it is just as immune to reason and persuasion as cults are.

19. RtWngaFraud

RtWngaFraud Banned

Conservatives are money master. I think that clears it up sufficiently.

20. Backtothefront

Backtothefront New Member

Simply put, the right wingers are mentally ill.

21. Gorn Captain

Gorn Captain Banned

"Galtians" are like the guys who read "Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas" and go to Vegas and get really drunk...and instead of having "a remarkable adventure into the dark heart of America"...

end up in the Clark County drunk-tank.

:D

22. ragin cajun

ragin cajun New Member

I said "the cult of demonizing success, hating oil, hating coal, AGW, hating religion, hating fast food, and worshiping a false kenyan god." that is an accurate description of today's democrat/liberal party, not all of them, but the ones in control.

face it, your hero obama is a marxist collectivist, and you are his willing slaves. you smile as he puts the shackles on your ankles. pathetic!

23. ragin cajun

ragin cajun New Member

Atlas Shrugged is a very accurate depiction of what the USA has become. Rand was ahead of her time and very insightful.

24. JEFF9K

JEFF9K New Member

That's an incredibly stupid comment! Tell me anything you understand from ATLAS SHRUGGED!

25. LasMa

LasMa Active Member

I understand this about Atlas Shrugged: It's about survival of the fittest. It assumes that a person's value lies in how much money they can make. I don't wish to live in such a society.

I understand another thing about Atlas Shrugged: It assumes that capitalists are benevolent, and would never, ever do anything to screw their customers, their employees, or their communities in the name of profit. You only need to pick up a newspaper to see how patently ridiculous that assumption is.