University Students use date rape drug in alcohol

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Jiyuu-Freedom, Oct 13, 2010.

?

Should these students be expelled or is this a private matter?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2010.
  1. Yes, they should be expelled.

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No, they should just be arrested and charged

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Definitely not, this happened off campus

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

This news is a few days old but I would like to create an opinion poll.

Here's the article:

I have been following this story. Apparently one of the students parent had a vacation cabin and it started with only 10 students. There is a bar close by and some learned of it and I guess they decided, why buy our drinks? Let's go check out the party.

It was set up so there were two different colored cups. One red and one blue. One was spiked only for the girls so they would pass out and could be raped.

A couple came to the party and after his girlfriend passed out, he raped her. She hadn't given him her consent. According to the law, this is considered rape.

My question is this. If this happened off campus, could the school officials expell any of the students involved once they make arrests?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...jK4aSxkDwkfkQag4A&sig2=eW6c5k6jpmzMMd2NWEhRnQ

HillBilly and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Kimaris

Kimaris New Member

Yes, at my college at least, you can be expelled if you've committed a serious crime or did something that brought major embarrassment to the school. I remember last year someone got caught tagging a building, it wasn't school property, and the school required them to do community service to be eligible to enroll next year.

3. Jiyuu-Freedom

Jiyuu-Freedom Keep the peace Past Donor

According to the news this week, the college administrators (which isn't private) seemed divided about this.

Our state has 2 University students that died within the past few weeks. Very similiar stories with this so called "Rape date" drug spiked in their drink. One was in a bar and he had a drink but stumbled out of the bar and was found washed up on the beach. They are awaiting toxology reports on this case.

I never attended a University, and I understand the "Codes of conduct" are different. I have heard arguements on the radio stating some Universities cannot expell them for behavior off campus. I do understand private Universities are more strict.

4. PoliticalJunkie

PoliticalJunkie Banned

While they can, I don't think they should be. It was committed off campus and assuming they are getting good grades and following other school rules they should be allowed to stay. However, the law should be laid down on them. And when they get out of prison they should be allowed to return to the school.

5. Kimaris

Kimaris New Member

I don't know, I go to a public school and they essentially required everyone to sign a morality clause to get in.

6. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Of course they should be expelled. No school in their right minds would want to allow such vicious people back.
    Whether it happened off campus is not the point. They brought shame, and possibly embarrassment upon their school, and the officials will have to help to pick up the pieces.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were expelled - they deserve it.

HillBilly and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

Expelled, arrested and charged. Throw the book at them.

8. HillBilly

HillBilly New Member Past Donor

[​IMG] It's a part of growing up to ask a young lady out on a date... quite terrifing actually.... what if she says ' NO ' ... :heartbreaker:

Dating and alcohol and pot / reefer been around a long time... I won't pass judgement on that because to smoke a joint with a date you pass it back and forth... she can take as big or small a toke as she wants ,, same way with a beer or a mixed drink... the Lady can stop and say 'No' whenever she decides...

But when a guy uses a date rape drug to knock the girls out and then rape them ,,, that's a pre-meditated and planned out felony crime , and ought to be treated as such... that takes away the girls / ladies right to say ' NO '... and it doesn't really matter if it happened on-Campus or off-campus...

And , if I may add ,,, as a man ,,, I always wanted my ladies to enjoy our date.... I may not get in their pants for a few dates ,,, but I wanted them to have a quality experience ... and value me as a young man that was worth the time to get to know better...

Treat 'em like a Lady ,,, that's what I've always done... it's the thrill of the chase , ya know ??? By all means ,,, paint the town ,,, dance the night away ,,, have a few drinks ,,, but the Lady must always have the right to say 'NO' ...... [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4FIv7yGJYM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4FIv7yGJYM[/ame]

9. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny says, "All ye kids lissen up - stop dat drinkin' or it'll make ya goofy like Uncle Ferd...
    :omg:
    Student Binge Drinking Linked to Brain Damage, Injuries
    July 26, 2011 - Peak alcohol abuse often occurs when brain is still developing

10. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

I would vote for both. There was a student in jail for burglary and the Dean of Men was down to assist him. Fine. He chatted with the student while I waited out of earshot. As we were leaving the student called out and said, "Wait, I have a history final today. Would you tell my roommate to take it for me?" The Dean said he would. I was astounded.

You get expelled now if you're doing hard time and can't get to class, maybe.

11. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

College students gettin' drunk...
    :omg:
    CDC: Young Adults Down 9 Drinks When They Binge
    January 10, 2012 — New government statistics show college-age binge drinkers average an astounding nine drinks each time they get drunk.