Bed Bugs at the Waldor-Astoria America has fogotten what WORLD CLASS STANDARDS are?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Joey_Sac, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Joey_Sac

Joey_Sac New Member Past Donor

I could not have been more surprised to learn that the historic Waldorf-Astoria in New York has bed bugs? This is about equal to the White House having them.

Former guests are suing for getting bed bugs at the Waldorf. Simply unbelievable. Here is the story from CBS Evening News. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010...7023382.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

Only once have I been in the Waldorf as a teen when my parents were there for a social function. It was way too expensive for us to consider staying. This is a place where international leaders like presidents, prime ministers, and kings stay in New York. President Franklin Roosevelt had a railroad spur built under the hotel so he could make quiet entrances and exits due to his disability. A great deal of thought went into spending that kind of money during the great depression. It was deemed necessary that the world did not see FDR as disabled in a wheel chair in those times.

Now it is being sued for giving guests bed bugs!

A friend of mine was a sales rep for the Parker Pen Company before Papermate bought them. Parker built the finest writing instruments in America for years. My friend was struggleing with his sales. Customer's perceived Parker as the company that innovated everything up into the 1960s, and then seemed to forget everything they knew about writing instruments. This to me Parker and the Waldorf is the status of America today. We have forgotten everything we used to do well. We nominated a person for the United States Senate who had to deny being a witch! We had a candidate for the House that dressed up as a Nazi for reinactments.

Premier Nikita Kruschev may have been correct. There was never a need to conquer the United States, we are doing an excellent job of destroying ourselves. Did someone in this forum say something about an American parallel to the final days of Rome?

[​IMG]

FDR's railroad car is still burried under the Waldorf-Astoria

[​IMG]
    Waldor Astoria Lobby​

2. Jason Bourne

Jason Bourne Well-Known Member Past Donor

I seriously doubt that the bedbug or cheap pens will lead to the downfall of the United States.

3. CanadianEye

CanadianEye Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oddly enough, just talking about this the other day, not involving the WA of course. I couldn't even afford to bump into their doors.

When ever I stay at a hotel now, there is this little sign left by the hotel asking whether I want to be environmentally friendly, and not have the sheets washed, pillow cases washed.

Anyone else see those signs?

I don't know anything about bed bugs, but could this be a cause of the recent infestation in hotels?

4. Joey_Sac

Symptomatic. Tell me why only the dealer can check the automatic transmission fluid on my Jeep Grand Cherokee? Could it have to do with dragging me into their shop for an overall check-up? The Federal Trade Commission should send these bastards to jail. Better yet, send the Federal Trade Commissioners to jail!

[​IMG]

5. Jason Bourne

Symptomatic of nothing but groundless paranoia.

As for your Jeep, I have no idea what your talking about.

6. Joey_Sac

It is so simple. Grand Cherokee Jeep owners can not check their automatic transmission fluid themselves or at a garage. You have to go to the dealer. It is a planned rip-off. Symptoms like the Jeep transmission stick are all over the place. It is out and out corporate greed!

The United States, as you know, was bombed at Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941. This nation switched from and domestic production goods to military/war production over night. It was an unheard of turn around for this nation, and led to us winning WWII.

Today, it seems that the only innovation and quality of American manufacturing production is products like the Sham WoW. Try Sham WoW, it does not work. Very American these days. America management and labor have grown fat and lazy. We better get our heads out of our ass! We are starting to look like a hi-tech, third world country!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEKqI1e714"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJEKqI1e714[/ame]

7. Joey_Sac

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Bed bugs at the Waldorf, WTF!​

The topic of this thread is;

Bed Bugs at the Waldor-Astoria America has fogotten what WORLD CLASS STANDARDS are? ​

8. tomfoo13ry

tomfoo13ry Well-Known Member Past Donor

Why are you surprised? Manhattan has been overrun with bedbugs along with the rest of NYC. It seems like for the past 6 months there's a new story every day about some locale in New York infested with bed bugs. The schools, Bill Clinton's office, Howard Stern, CBS offices, Abercrombie, Nike, Best Buy....We get it, NYC is infested.

That the Waldorf has been hit as well comes as no surprise. Rich people are no less filthy than poor people.

9. Joey_Sac

I am sorry to learn of the infestation, but as a Californian, I would suggest you New Yorkers move your social activities here to the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The Beverly Wilshire is a favorite haunt of funnyman, writer, director, producer, Tom Hanks.​

10. tomfoo13ry

tomfoo13ry Well-Known Member Past Donor

Is that a good hotel?

11. Joey_Sac

How could I know, I can't afford a beer in there!

12. Foolardi

Foolardi Well-Known Member Past Donor

Waldorf this ... * scratches crotch *
    Truman Capote swore by the Plaza's Chicken Hash.
    Had a Masked Ball there and Invited 500 folk and ended
    up making 15,000 enemies.A party that united and divided
    the Elites of Politics,showbusiness and money.

13. Joey_Sac

The Plaza Hotel in New York? Nice but it is in too many movies. I hear it is a place celebrities where celebrities are seen, but not where they stay. I've never been there, but I am told the lobby, bar, and restaurants are full of wanna-be climbers. But, what do I know? I've never been there. I am a Californian.

[​IMG]

Now, if you want to know how to stay a block from the beach in Santa Monica for $26 a night with a Subway two blocks away, I could help you out.
    My grandpop (this is his gig), would rather stay there than at the house. No need to pay $217 a night at the Holiday Inn nearby!
    Send me a PM, I'll tell you where to get the best Martini in town. You might even drink with a celeb or two!

[​IMG]
    Tom Hanks Bubba Gumps restaurant is here.
    Did you know that Tom Hanks was one of the first to endorse President Obama?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Hanks

14. Joey_Sac

15. Joey_Sac

I could not have been more surprised to learn that the historic Waldorf-Astoria in New York has bed bugs? This is about equal to the White House having them.

Former guests are suing for getting bed bugs at the Waldorf. Simply unbelievable. Here is the story from CBS Evening News. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010...7023382.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

Only once have I been in the Waldorf as a teen when my parents were there for a social function. It was way too expensive for us to consider staying. This is a place where international leaders like presidents, prime ministers, and kings stay in New York. President Franklin Roosevelt had a railroad spur built under the hotel so he could make quiet entrances and exits due to his disability. A great deal of thought went into spending that kind of money during the great depression. It was deemed necessary that the world did not see FDR as disabled in a wheel chair in those times.

Now it is being sued for giving guests bed bugs!

A friend of mine was a sales rep for the Parker Pen Company before Papermate bought them. Parker built the finest writing instruments in America for years. My friend was struggleing with his sales. Customer's perceived Parker as the company that innovated everything up into the 1960s, and then seemed to forget everything they knew about writing instruments. This to me Parker and the Waldorf is the status of America today. We have forgotten everything we used to do well. We nominated a person for the United States Senate who had to deny being a witch! We had a candidate for the House that dressed up as a Nazi for reinactments.

Premier Nikita Kruschev may have been correct. There was never a need to conquer the United States, we are doing an excellent job of destroying ourselves. Did someone in this forum say something about an American parallel to the final days of Rome?

[​IMG]

FDR's railroad car is still burried under the Waldorf-Astoria

[​IMG]
    Waldor Astoria Lobby​

16. Joey_Sac

Former guests are suing for getting bed bugs at the Waldorf-Astoria! Simply unbelievable! Here is the story from CBS Evening News. http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010...7023382.shtml?tag=cbsnewsTwoColUpperPromoArea

This is a place where international leaders like presidents, prime ministers, and kings stay in New York. President Franklin Roosevelt had a railroad spur built under the hotel so he could make quiet entrances and exits due to his disability. It was deemed necessary that the world did not see FDR as disabled in a wheel chair in those times.

Now THE Waldorf-Astoria is being sued for giving guests bed bugs!

Thr to me Waldorf is a symbol of American the status. We have forgotten everything we used to do well. Look what we did in the election. We nominated a person for the United States Senate who had to deny being a witch! And, we had a candidate for the House that dressed up as a Nazi for reinactments. We are becoming a world class joke.

[​IMG]
    [
    [​IMG]

The topic of this thread is;

Bed Bugs at the Waldor-Astoria America has fogotten what WORLD CLASS STANDARDS are?

17. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

The bed bug feeds on blood...
    :omg:
    Hairy limbs keep bed bugs at bay
    14 December 2011 - Hairier skin may be the key to avoiding being bitten by bed bugs, claim Sheffield academics.

18. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

American tourists are spreading bedbugs world wide.

19. ncrosth

ncrosth New Member

Bed bugs are not fussy where they reside. 5star or flop house its all the same. Many top hotels around the world now have them, with management trying to convince the paying public that they are free of them. I worked in one hotel where they had a big problem. They must have tried every means possible to eradicate them ,but to no avail. As they get into peoples luggage and clothing , off they go to their next destination. Mind you they dont like the cold though,that will eventually kill them off. If you have spiders in the room dont kill or throw them out,they will happily munch their way through them. They are so hard to get rid off,i read about a woman who finally managed to eradicate from her house, after six years of trying.

20. Black Monarch

Black Monarch New Member

I'd say that if bedbugs are staying at such a swank hotel, they're just now learning what world-class standards are!

21. Jason Bourne

They're interbreeding with Australian fleas and ticks.

22. Jason Bourne

See this is why I like Super 8 motels. Their cockroaches don't bother humans and they're large enough to eat all of the bedbugs.

Antiduopolist likes this.
  23. Dr. Righteous

Dr. Righteous Well-Known Member

This is the first thing you've ever said that I've agreed with

24. Subdermal

Subdermal Banned

I doubt that seriously, Righteous: you've said quite a few things with which I agree, and I have yet to see something that Jason writes that I take issue with - though there's always the possibility I missed something.

25. Jason Bourne

Odd since I've found myself agreeing with a fair number of your posts.