When Will the New House Republicans Start Working on Creating Jobs?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by Dasein, Jan 7, 2011.

?

When?

1. Right After they re-read the Constitution for the third time

5 vote(s)
    5.4%
  2. After they invade Iran

3 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Just as soon as they eliminate taxes for those making over $1 mil. a year

10 vote(s)
    10.9%
  4. Only after the American people agree to elect Sarah Palin "Grizzly-Mom-In-Chief"

6 vote(s)
    6.5%
  5. Never.

68 vote(s)
    73.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dasein

Dasein New Member

I'm guessing never.

2. Toby

Toby Banned

When will liberals get it?

1. Republicans started creating jobs by simply getting elected to office and letting the world know that Obama's free anti business reign is over.
    2. Governments cant create jobs. Governments can only create a condition of liberty in which jobs prosper through free will and low barriers to entery in the free market. High taxation, regulation, and uncertainty create barriers to entery that destroy jobs.
    3. According to the Obama Administration theyve only made things WORSE than what they would have been. Not my prediction. Obama's! Great Job! Enjoy the chart.

[​IMG]

3. LibertarianFTW

LibertarianFTW Well-Known Member

The answers to this poll seem to be slighted slanted... just slightly.

mikezila and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Toby

Toby Banned

Such unreasonable people are easy to refute. I wonder why they defend Obama when all the facts point the other way. Both throughout hitory and recent times. Nor Republicans or Democrats can creat a job. But Republicans want to encourage jobs through the free markets and repealing regulations like the Financial Regulatory Bill and Obamacare, and Democrats want to manipulate the economy in to doing what they deem necessary to help scociety. Not the individual business owners and shareholdre themselves.

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Golly, Dasein, you don't understand the horrible, horrible mess they inherited. It'll be at least 2012, if they run on a Democrat schedule, before they even have to talk about anything except the horrible mess that President Obama, Speaker Pelosi, and Speaker Reid left them. You know, the Troika was flying Congress into the Sears Tower and the Republicans just manage to take over the controls so they could try to save the country.

And keep in mind, President Obama hasn't taken even a short break in the last two years because he was so gosh darned busy working on jobs. We don't want to get in his way, do we?

6. Toby

Toby Banned

That arguement only works if your Obama or a Democrat that depends on a slew of uneducared nonproducing welfare constituants to keep you in office. Funny how the people who are voting in the poll arent commenting.

7. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Do you think the poll was slanted to begin with?

8. Toby

Toby Banned

Funny how Dasein has failed to defend his own claim in his own thread.

9. countsacula

countsacula Banned

When? Maybe after they waste more time by taking their pointless vote on the repeal of HCR? Maybe after Harry Reid stuffs their repeal back down their throats they'll get to doing what the people really want - present some real solutions to the economic problems that the US still faces. But I'm guessing they'll keep wasting time with partisan investigations and the usual abuse of power that comes with the territory when the GOP is in a position of leadership.

10. Dasein

Dasein New Member

Well, we are into February now. . . still waiting on that job push from the Republicans.

11. GoSlash27

GoSlash27 New Member

Never. Apparently you never got the memo; politicians don't have the power to "create" anything except roadblocks and red tape. That's why the Democrats were voted out.

12. Professor Peabody

Professor Peabody Well-Known Member Past Donor

Right after the obstructionist Democrats either step aside or are voted out.

13. Distraff

Distraff Well-Known Member

Republicans seem to focused on their ideal of small government, low taxes, and low spending to get caught up with using the government to solve economic problems. Even though many republicans do believe that the government should get involved in the economy, others see the government as something to limit.

14. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

they were elected to stop the democrats from creating jobs so that a new republican president can be elected

15. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

so far the only thing republicans have done was passed a healthcare repeal law they knew would never pass. Way to go repugs. You've done nothing!

Everyone knows going too fast can be bad politically. But thank God the dems moved as fast as they did. They truly did put country first. Unlike these jokes of republicans who can't get anything done but whine.

16. Goldwater

Goldwater Well-Known Member Past Donor

Hey Pea! how's it going?

On the jobs thing. I think I remember hearing Republicans blaiming Obama for not creating jobs. They did also say Obama was preventing job growth by threatening to let the Bush tax cuts expire for the top 2%. Well, now I'm hearing "the government can't create jobs" from Republicans, and I'm not seeing any of that Wall Street capital flooding out as investments that create jobs like we were told would happen if the tax cut extension issue didn't create uncertainty.

What I think is happening...is that when anything bad happens with the economy, both parties will blame the other. When something good happens economically, both parties take credit for it. What concerns me is that, we, as a nation, seem to cling to this tribal thinking, and the worst part is, some of us are believing it. If we were a nation of independant thinkers, we'd have a much more diverse range of opinions. I think I may be getting burnt out on political forums, because I'm able to predict what all the righties and lefties will be saying about a given issue in advance, with remarkable accuracy. There are so very few unique opinons these days on politics.

17. Distraff

Well, the republicans have not been in control of the house very long and remember that they don't even have the senate or the presidency. The republicans tried to repeal the heathcare bill because they still want this bill to be an issue and want to see who supports the bill now and who doesn't.

18. kmisho

kmisho New Member Past Donor

They already have. It's called the "Republicans Are Great And Here Is How You Create Jobs You Twit Act."

19. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

Why should we care? The bill is law now. Should we hold a vote for every other law to see where congress people stand on those laws too!?

Of course not. It's a waste of time. It's political grandstanding. It's to make it look like they are doing something without actually doing something. Either come up with a reasonable compromise to fix the healthcare law or quit wasting our time. We need to create jobs and instead the republicans are playing games.

By this time in 2009 the newly elected dems already had a stimulus bill passed in the house. A bill that went on to halt climbing unemployment and successfully create or save millions of jobs. What have the republicans done in the same amount of time? NOTHING. Absolutely nothing. Not one (*)(*)(*)(*)ed jobs bill passed.

20. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

I agree that there isn't a snowball's chance in a fiery furnace of the Republicans addressing the job creation issue in a constructive manner, but I prefer polls that offer real alternative answers so I can see how many people agree with me and how many don't. Those are more informative and just as entertaining.

21. Dasein

Dasein New Member

Well, I am sad to say that I posted this to be humorous. . . unfortunately, everyday it looks like Republican voters have been suckered once again and the Republican House as really no intention at all of even trying to submit ANY plan to create jobs.

Obama really did outsmart them again. They believed they would have to fight for the Wealth Cuts against Obama for the next two years -- and at the same claim that joblessness was due to them not being passed -- Obama, against their plan, passed their tax cut. Now, there are still no jobs AND nothing for the Republicans to do.

They've been exposed for who they are: a bunch or pundits for the wealthy who don't care anything for actually trying to help the middle class and create jobs.

22. Distraff

What your argument amounts to is the idea that bills that have been already passed should not be challenged. However, if you are a representative in this government, you have an obligations not only pursue laws that you deem beneficial, but you also should try to annull laws that you deem harmful. The republicans are only doing their job.

That is right. Republicans will always go for the lowering taxes thing, but that will just raise the deficit. My idea is to cut military spending.

In 2009, the economy was in far worse straits than it is now thank to Obama and the dems. There is now less need to pass emergency bills.

23. countryboy

countryboy Well-Known Member

Lemme see if I understand . Scumbag libs are still giving B.O. a pass, blaming all economic woes on Bush, but they wanna know when the brand newly elected republican house is gonna create jobs?

Do I have that about right? :rolleyes:

24. Ostap Bender

Ostap Bender Well-Known Member

After Sarah Palin will became 45th Potus and all libs and dems voted out from Congress. It is impossible to create new jobs while lefties are still hardly working on destroying of America!

[​IMG]
    source:http://2.bp.blogspot.com

25. Accountable

Accountable New Member

Both faces of the Republicrat party are uninterested in increasing employment. Real job creation comes from small business and new business. Republicrats are only interested in kissing corporate ass and shoveling tax dollars to them by the trillions, in the hope that some of it will come back as campaign contributions.

They say anything to get your vote. They do anything to get contributions. Any parallel between the two is completely coincidental.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.