Misandry

Discussion in 'Civil Rights' started by Glücksritter, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Glücksritter

Glücksritter Well-Known Member

This is the thread about misandry.

You can write here, if you think if it exists at all (some feminists reject that), if it is or was a problem for you or someone you know. Do you think it can be a problem for a generation of young boys?

Whatever your thoughts about misandry, here is the proper place to write about.

2. NaturalBorn

NaturalBorn New Member Past Donor

Definition of MISANDRY

: a hatred of men

— mis·an·drist \-drist\ noun or adjective
    Origin of MISANDRY

mis- (as in misanthropy) + andr- + 2-yFirst Known Use: circa 1909

3. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

The questioner complimented his audience by assuming they know what the word means. Why supply a definition? If you don't know, look it up. If you do know, answer the question, instead of patronising everyone else.

Misandry is largely a counterallegation of some men when called on their misogyny. It is similar to racists alleging racism from their victims.

Gwendoline and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Glücksritter

So in your opinion misandry does not exist? Or nearly not exist?

5. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Everyone knows misogynist so why wouldn't they know misandrist? Oh, right, less whining.

I asked people once if they knew the word "misogynist" and everyone did. Then I asked what the word was for someone who hated men. My two favorite answers were "womyn" and "ex-wives".

6. PatrickT

Nice try. As with racism, hatred isn't exclusive, bigot.

7. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Then perhaps misogyny is largely a figment of the collective imagination of misandrist women, buttressed by the pusillanimous approbation of misandrist men. ;)

8. Up On the Governor

Up On the Governor Well-Known Member

It definitely exists and I wish people would stop pretending it did not. It requires the same amount of stupidity and ignorance to practice as misogyny does. Some people just grow up bitter towards the opposite sex because of something they deemed unfair.

9. Caeia Iulia Regilia

Caeia Iulia Regilia New Member

Of course it exists. Sexual harrasment and the like are treated as J'accuse type of crimes. All the woman has to do is say that it happened and the man is in trouble unless he has ironclad proof that nothing like that happened. And men are still expected to do all of the "chivalry" that they did in the past, while women don't have to do any of the formerly "male" things. A guy still has to fix the woman's car, open doors for her, mow the lawn -- and he gets very little for it.

10. jbeukema

jbeukema New Member

Misandry likes to pretend to be feminism

Misandrists hijacked feminism with the third wave and spat on all the first- and second-wavers believed in

Misandrists are the feminazis we hear screaming on the street corner about how evil men are; they would invert, rather than abolish, the oppression and inequality of the past

MisLed and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Colonel K

Colonel K Well-Known Member

What a pathetic juvenile whine. You mistake individual distaste for misandry in the women who reject you.

12. Glücksritter

Pardon me, what are you talking about?

His comment referred to false accusations of sexual harassment. Bringing up such false accusations is the proper way for a woman to "reject" a man or how can one understand your remark in this context?

13. PatrickT

Nice try, Colonel. 98% of workplace deaths are men. The disproportionate number of men in prison dwarfs the often whined about over-representation of minorities other than men. Women live longer than men. Obviously, the health care system is tilted because we all know life expectancy is soley to function of the health care system. Who pays child support? Who virtualy always get custody of children? What would happen if a man complained that a woman got him drunk and took advantage of him? Do you seriously think the police would accept a rape charge.

I was at a party and a woman opened a conversation with, "All men are (*)(*)(*)(*)." I turned and started walking away and she started screaming at me. Misandrists live.

14. Bender

Bender New Member

15. PatrickT

16. Bender

Bender New Member

Did you read the article? No one is blaming men for their problems.
    But I guess patriarchy benefits you too much for you too start seeing the problems with it. :ignore:

17. PatrickT

Oh, I see, Bender. In your world where no one accepts responsibility then someone has to be to blame. Got it.

You never hear men whining about the matriarchy despite their influence but women, and their sock puppets, whine endlessly about the patriarchy. Sound familiar, Bender. Women don't earn as much as men? It's the fault of the patriarchy. Women don't have all of the executive jobs and political offices. It's the fault of the patriarchy. People don't like Rep. Nancy Pelosi. It's because she's a woman.

Recently a woman asked me about the process for getting a Mexican visa. I explained what I'd just done and as she was leaving she said, "I'm going to get my visa and I don't intend to take any (*)(*)(*)(*) from them." When she came back, guess what? No visa. They treated her badly because she was a woman. Of course, it couldn't have been because she went in with an attitude and made (*)(*)(*)(*)ed sure everyone in the government office knew she was in charge. Nitwit. But, it is nice to have a born-with excuse for all your screw ups.

Pitiful.

18. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

Do you think guys would have any commitment phobias, if it were normal for women to use guys for sex until they clamor for a relationship? Would guys get bitter in that case? I am willing to bet a dollar, that most guys would learn to accomodate that attitude and eventually clamor for relationships instead of playing so many games (that may not be very fun) with women.

19. danielpalos

danielpalos Banned

I think this could be more of a stereotype because many guys tend to be stronger and more mechanically inclined.

20. Warspite

Warspite Banned

I don't hate men, I just think that a lot of them tend to think with their dicks rather than their brains most of the time. I also find the patriarchy in the country reprehensible.

For the record, I'm a guy.

21. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

A delusional twisted mind that has no idea what Patriarchy is. If you think AMERICA is patriarchal, WTF do you people think of places like India?

I work for an Indian immigrant who thinks in extremely patriarchal terms and I'm telling you, his views make American men look completely tame by comparison.

Go live in India for a few years, then come back and talk to me about patriarchal society.

You have NO (*)(*)(*)(*)ING CLUE what a REAL patriarchal society is, and should be grateful to be living in one that isn't.

When women (*)(*)(*)(*) out kids on the job, bundle the kid on thier back and get back to work, then you can talk about a "patriarchal" society.

jbeukema and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Bender

Bender New Member

Because we don't live in a matriarchal society.
    Whatever dude, you're not even trying to understand. Try to be intellectually honest. Or just intellectual.

23. Bender

Bender New Member

"It's not as bad here as it is there, so you're not allowed to complain"
    Brilliant argument. Brilliant.

24. Bender

Bender New Member

Man, a lot of boys get butt hurt when you remind them that they're the ones making the rules. :ignore:

25. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

Only because our biology is inclined to make us seek leadership roles. It's only natural.

The biggest difference between men and women?

Men Think. Women Feel.