What do you think about Illegal Immigration?

Discussion in 'Opinion POLLS' started by larrycole, Mar 30, 2011.

1. larrycole

larrycole New Member

Arizona's immigration enforcement law is actually being considered in several other states across the US. It gives police officers the power to determine the immigration status of people stopped, detained, or arrested, for another offense is there is a "reasonable suspicion" that they are in the U.S. Illegally.

http://bit.ly/ga0F11

www.matterofopinion.com

2. randlepatrickmcmurphy

randlepatrickmcmurphy Well-Known Member

Never give the police power to do anything that is forbidden by the constitution (see: unreasonable search and seizure).

3. Oh Yeah

Oh Yeah Well-Known Member Past Donor

America is for Americans. The Constitution is for American Citizens. All legal others are here as guests and under the protection of our constitution and are granted certain rights and protections. They may stay in the country as long as they obey the laws and until the terms of their visa allows. They may apply for citizenship but it is no granted under certain terms and conditions as set down by LAW. Illegals should not have any rights or privledge to any government services such as schools, welfare, free hospital care, free healthcare, ownership of property and the protection from siezure of property or social security as some examples. Are they extreme? Perhaps but try and sneak across the borders and see if other countries grant you these privledges.

Oh Yeah

4. GramCleric

GramCleric New Member

Asking someone for paperwork regarding their citizenship while under the custody of the police is unconstitutional?

You do know that they cannot just randomly ask people, right? That would be a violation of the Constitution. There has to be reasonable suspicion or just cause.

5. nocents

nocents Banned

Back from the coma.

If its illegal. Then we have to stop it. Find them and deport them.
    What I think is very disturbing is when someone gets a ticket for speeding and is fined for the offense. Then pay a higher insurance premium on top of it. Minor yes but its the law.
    Illegals are costing us billions and Obama and the Dems look away and spend more millions to defend not defending a Federal law. Whos the idiot here?

6. Oh Yeah

Oh Yeah Well-Known Member Past Donor

Just this month, the state of Oklahoma has voted and passed a law that ALL driver's license exams will be printed in English, and only English, and no other language. They have been called racist for doing this, but the fact is that ALL of the road signs are in English only. If you want to drive in Oklahoma , you must read and write English. Really simple.

By the way, the Liberals don't like any of this either.

Guess what...who cares... Oklahoma is doing it anyway.

7. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

What do I think of illegal immigration? It's a criminal act and our law enforcement needs to crack down on them more.

8. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

we need to secure our border and reform the visa system

9. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

If you are going to have a free flow of capital you need a free flow of labour. This subject is very like the 'War on Drugs' - it creates a lot of hot air for global warming, but has nothing to do with the realities of capitalism. If capital needs cheap labour it will get it, and that's it.

10. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

While I think that Arizona's immigration laws should focus less on illegals themselves and more on employers of illegals, I have no problem with giving police the ability to check your citizenship.

That being said, we need to reform our visa and green card system so that we can better incorporate migrant labor into the system.

11. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Police in the USA, in every state, city, town or county. If they stop you for any reason, the first thing they LEGALLY do is ask for your ID.
    If driving, one is first asked for DL, registration, and in many states, proof of insurance. Illegals would have none of those documents.

What is the big deal? This has been happening for years and is legal. The only argument now raised by liberals numbskulls, is that they realize that illegals will be unable to prove who they are and if they did prove who they are, that would be worse. So of course liberals want to protect those poor illegal criminals that invaded our nation and broke our laws.

12. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

Just the police? How about the President and Congress?

13. PatrickT

No, it isn't a criminal act. It's a civil violation. I live in Mexico and it's the same here. If I allowed my visa to expire I could pay a penalty and be deported but it wasn't a crime.

14. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

Illegal immigrants get to choose which laws they will obey. I should be able to do the same.

15. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Paying a coyote to sneak one into the USA is a felony. It is conspiracy to commit a crime. and the illegals are conspiring with known criminals that have been known to commit many other crimes as well.

An expired visa does not make one guilty of illegally crossing a national border without permission.
    I know liberals have a very hard time comparing apples with apples. But expired visa vs illegal entry is comparing apples with scorpions.

16. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

If you break the law, you're a criminal.

17. manchmal

manchmal Well-Known Member

'

I agree with you completely! Illegal means illegal means illegal means illegal means ILLEGAL, period! We should root every F-ing one of them out of the United States and put a mandatory prison sentence and huge fine on anybody who knowingly hires an illegal alien!

18. birddog

birddog New Member

Absolutely true. It should be done as humanely as possible, and the first thing to do is seal our borders to shut down new ones and to stop the drugs.

19. skeptic-f

skeptic-f New Member

Ilegal immigration helps keep wages down, which all the union-bashers assure me is a good thing. Illegals do the kind of jobs Americans consider themselves too good for, and they have larger families which may be crucial when the demographic crunch kicks in a decade from now. Keep letting the illegals in and then at the right moment have a massive amnesty and THEN tighten up the border with some kind of work permit program combined with a real fence and security.

20. Dan40

Dan40 New Member

Well we DID that in the 80's, IT DID NOT WORK! Amnesty for known criminals is a stupid idea no matter how you look at it.
    Close the border, deport the illegals, and let those who wish to come here, APPLY for entrance. That is our law.

Illegals do keep wages down, but that is no more a good thing, than artificially inflated high union wages are.

21. PatrickT

Sorry, Albert, that's not true. Some crimes are enforced rigorously, some aren't, and some think your visa being expired is a crime but it isn't.

22. Albert Di Salvo

Albert Di Salvo New Member

I'm sorry about that too. But I'm more than sorry. Any govt. that allows me to be overwhelmed by illegal aliens is illegitimate. Obviously the enforcement of American laws has been politicized in a fashion that discriminates against my best interests. Polities in which that is possible have no future. Maybe that's one of the reasons the polity commonly known as the USA is dying.

23. MnBillyBoy

MnBillyBoy New Member

Cheap labor flow ?

That's it ?
    SIMPLE..force able bodied men and women off of Government welfare and back into the work force.

Oh but wait..they are not smart enough to mow lawns..pour concrete..re roof houses and do drywall ?

or is the fact that IT is beneath them to labor at such low task for such Low wages?

So we have the labor market right now.

Seal the border.

24. nocents

nocents Banned

Round them up, and deport the immediately. They have no right to be here leaching off us. If I can't speed or drive drunk or beat someone up with out the benefit of walking away. Then They can't be breaking laws either and they have to go.

Comprehensive Immigration Laws.. Yea amnesty or nothing, and for what more votes that will help the libs destroy the country.
    Many are getting really sick of all of it!!!

25. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

And they can get it in America with American Labor.