The Nuclear Fallout of Fukushima

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Silhouette, Apr 24, 2011.

1. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Hi, this thread is continued from: http://www.politicalforum.com/current-events/176314-folly-nuclear-power-94.html

We are discussing both the fallout, radioactive, industrial and political of the Fukushima Nuclear Disaster and alternative ways of meeting energy needs in the 21st Century that don't include rendering entire regions of the Earth and our oceans uninhabitable, unfishable, unarable and so forth.

I left off on that thread responding to the chants of pro-nuclear shills saying my position is "the sky is falling!" [which indeed it is in tiny radioactive particles] by saying this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. darckriver

darckriver New Member Past Donor

The problem with nuclear fission is that it can have an admirable safety record over a long period of time and then have it all sent to hell by a Fukishima or Chernobyl disaster. I was once an ardent defender of nuclear power as a safe alternative to fossil fuel driven generators. I chalked up the Chernobyl disaster to the typical lack Russian competence and concern for safety of that era - which it was. I never really viewed Three Mile Island as a disaster. However, even though I haven't become a raving anti-nuke nut, I do have some serious reservations that weren't there before Fukishima. Of course, maybe it isn't very intelligent locating nuclear power plants near major tectonic activity and in low lying regions near large bodies of water where flooding can occur. And then there's the spent fuel problem that never seems to go away...

3. Roadvirus

Roadvirus Well-Known Member

Good, because it wasn't. A person could get more radiation standing too close to a microwave then what happened at Three Mile Island.

4. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Yes but the potential was there wasn't it? And that's the problem. The same could be said of a minor incident at Fukushima pre March 2011. And yet look what happened afterwards?

Every nuke plant has that potential: the ability to literally wipe whole regions off the face of the Earth for our inhabitation and use. That's huge. And every single nuclear plant is that potential.

No other source of power has that. None. Zero. Nada. And the only thing nuclear reactors do is heat water to steam to run turbines. How insanely stupid are we to continue running old reactors and producing new one when we have full and working knowledge of how to run other methods of heating things to run turbines?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkucHl4GgN8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Concentrating Solar Power Plants 1 MW- 5 MW (Fresnel technology)[/ame]

[click the you tube logo if you can't get it to work here]

Yes, defining "never" as the half-life of cesium [about 30 years or a full generation of man], or plutonium [roughly 24,000 years +/-].

I would say that it isn't intelligent to locate any nuclear anything anywhere EVER. We like to think we're arming ourselves. As if we could deploy and not have it hit the fan and blow back in our own faces. We like to think we're producing energy, as if these containments will last forever in each and every waste storage pond. Really? We engineered these storage ponds and the people who would attend them to last for 24,000 years?

??????????????????????????????????????????

If we quit every nuclear plant today and did nothing but search for a place to store this unmanageable waste for the next 24,000 years we'd still be in trouble but may just eek it out. Continuing to produce it is MADNESS defined. Abort mission. End nuclear. It isn't safe, it never was and it may be the end of civilization as we know it; most certainly the Northern 30-45 parallel for sure..

5. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Here is a nuclear fallout video from the Fukushima nuclear disaster. It includes radioactive iodine and caesium:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kB6NEVpU5lo&feature=related"]YouTube - 4/17/2011 - Ionizing Radiation Report for North America -- Xenon 133 from Fukushima[/ame]

It's nice to know that instead of using a fresnel system like the one in the previous post's video, we have to be blanketed with radioactive caesium from one mishap at one power plant in one country 5,000 miles away across the wide Pacific. Japan is the paramount of organized. It was upheld as the state of the art in nuclear power. Even as it sat amongst volcanic thermal zones and tectonic boundaries famous for their activity, "scientists" [and I use the term loosely] sold the world on Japan's power system as "the new future" of "green energy". The trouble with that statement is that in order to enjoy green energy, we need to have a future..

6. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

NOTE TO THE OBSERVER:

In the last thread you will find:

• Repeated use - at least a dozen times of the same pictures of deformed children. You will see that Silhouette will wrongfully attribute the pictures to the Chernobyl disaster. The United Nations came out and stated that the pictures were bogus and pre-Chernobyl and are being used by a scam organization to "raise money" which they are pocketing. She will likely continue to use those same bogus pictures in this thread as well. Be warned she is spreading known false propaganda.
    • The same pictures of geothermal, solar, etc... that have been debunked repeatedly in the last thread.

Since she is going to spread false propaganda.... again. Let me first share the effects of GEOTHERMAL ON BABIES and the HORRORS that go with it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above pictures I provided are just as truthful as Silhouette's. The difference is that the U.N. did not debunk my photos.

7. katsung47

katsung47 Banned

661. Earthquake of Japan (3/14/2011)

The March 11, 2011 earthquake in Japan was created by the Pentagon, I believe.

Artifi
    cial earthquake is a matured technique and had been used in my case several times. (see “503. Earthquake in Peru (8/18/07)”, “518. Earthquake after wildfire (11/3/07)”, “552. Setting off an earthquake is a mature technique (6/14/08)” )

This big earthquake damaged several nuclear power stations in Japan. Officials presumed that partial meltdowns had occurred at two crippled reactors and that they were facing serious cooling problems at three more.

I allege it is the continuation of the series “nuclear terror attack” plot started later last year. The purpose is to push up a panic in public to justify the war on Iran. Iran is accused of developing nuclear weapons by the US though Iran denies it.

There were at least three times later last year that the Feds intended to activate a “nuclear terror attack” in US.

1. Later October 2010, days before 11/2 mid-term election. The plot was signaled with “Yemen UPS parcel bombing” case.

2. Christmas holiday 2010. The plot was signaled by Wikileaks case. (Which was planned to control the Internet communication, to wipe out my year long revelation) Military conflict between North and South Korea and two big snow storms in London and New York. The cities were selected because people there mostly anti-war and demand 911 truth.

3. February 26, 2011. The plot was signaled with two unusual snow storms in San Francisco Bay area and New York on 2/25. (see all these plots from posts starting from #651)

A recent case exposed where the “nuclear bomb” or “dirty bomb” material of the coming “terror attack” comes from. That topic told you why US almost have a warfare with its ally – Pakistan.

8. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

So it's not nuclear power's fault. It's Obama and the CIA!!!

9. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Maybe this April 4 2011 snippet from the UN describes the motivation for their "objective findings" as to Chernobyl:

It is very clear that the UN has a vested interest in continuing to "sell" nuclear to the world at large. They know it poses a real terrorist threat with all that spent fuel sitting around. They know it poses other real threats too.

Why won't the UN entertain other ways of boiling water to make steam to run turbines? Because the people that run the UN are the same people who have invested trillion$ worldwide in nuclear power and who will not face angry investors with the bad news: that nuclear power cannot work.

Under any circumstances.

The esteemed gentleman from the IAEA speaks of tooling engineering to "significantly reduce" nuclear accidents. The problem is that the world they're charged of governing [ha, what a joke, like the US Congress the UN is also owned by corporations], WILL NOT TOLERATE EVEN ONE SINGLE MORE ACCIDENT.

So there's that little problem..

The UN "decided" that these pictures of the horrible deformaties of children born around Chernobyl to this day were "faked" eh?

Small wonder...lying is good for business all right. The UN just neglected to say that the lying was on their side of the fence:

[​IMG]

For more information on the "big lie" that is the Children's Chernobyl Project, visit this link from their page "Working With the UN":

10. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Since I posted the children's chernobyl project on the last thread they have taken down ALL the still photographs. The boy on the last post in the upper right with the deformed large legs was still on the site as of last month.

Odd they would take down all their pictures. All they have left is this link hidden in obscurity on this page: http://www.chernobyl-international.com/Share.aspx

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_FI2alBpBY"]YouTube - The Children Beyond Chernobyl, Part 1/7[/ame]

And the video is WAY toned down. The kids shown are "eye easy" now. All the terrible deformations are gone and all you see are kids that basically look somewhat normal.

Wow, what changed in the last few weeks? Those pictures are from the Children's Chernobyl Project and they were forced to remove them, undoubtedly so that 'funds' from the UN could continue.

Cool huh? They have a statement at the end of the video that say "there has been no increase in deformities since Chernobyl" While a nurse says the change she sees day in and day out are "eight times" what they were before Chernobyl. They are now forced to say that Chernobyl never affected anyone. At all. No deformities, no increased cancer rates, nothing, nada. Do you believe that? Yeah, me neither..

11. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

And so now the pro-nuke shills dig deeper into their bag of tricks. My personal favorite is the parody on people with reasonable obections by associating them with true crackpots or overdone paranoia.

My goodness you really must be getting desperate at this point?

Your PSYOPS crapola isn't going to wash here though. Dozens if not hundreds of people for instance saw those pictures of deformed children from the Children's Chernobyl Project and the old website. Now they see a complete makeover with not a photo in sight except on the header. People aren't stupid. We know why the pictures were all yanked. One of them showed the boy in the upper right hand corner below. The UN doesn't want people seeing the truth about what awaits pregnant women near Fukushima. But we'll have those photos too.

Yes, we will..

[​IMG]

Why the changes on that website just since Fukushima? [and more particularly since I posted a link to it on this thread?] Where did all those pictures go? Those poor children sacraficed on the altar of business-as-usual so that we can continue to boil water with radiation.

12. AshenLady

AshenLady New Member Past Donor

The French have lots of nuclear reactors and they seem to be doing fine.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/inf40.html

France derives over 75% of its electricity from nuclear energy. This is due to a long-standing policy based on energy security.
    France is the world's largest net exporter of electricity due to its very low cost of generation, and gains over EUR 3 billion per year from this.
    France has been very active in developing nuclear technology. Reactors and fuel products and services are a major export.
    It is building its first Generation III reactor and planning a second.
    About 17% of France's electricity is from recycled nuclear fuel.

If you make reactors right, and put them in the right place, not like a nation that has regular earthquakes and tsunami's, aka Japan, there isn't any reason why the US shouldn't build more nuclear reactors.

13. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Except that no nuclear reactor is foolproof and just one meltdown can ruin a whole region or even hemisphere if you count radioactive fallout and the trade winds/ocean currents. That little snag.

It sounds really neat though to have a "groovy lady" name posting in favor of nuclear nightmares. It sugarcoats the pill and "talks calm sense" at a time when rational-alarm should be the fare of the day. Not everything can be soothed away. Poo pooed, mocked, scoffed and so forth. Need I remind you that Tokyo will fall ultimately as a result of this one little accident in the paragon country of efficiency and techological superiority. We went from the most backward country to have a nuclear accident, Russia's Chernobyl to the most advanced country having a nuclear accident [now deemed worse than Chernobyl] in Japan's Fukushima. There seems to be little differentiation or in fact more damage in the advanced culture than the backwards one.

The UN sits on its hands while tradewinds deliver damaging fallout worldwide. The UN sits on its hands while fisheries die
    The UN sits on its hands when it comes to the truth about DNA damage in Russian orphanages around Chernobyl.
    The UN sits on its hands because it's paid to do so.

Nuclear reactors simply use deadly and distorting radiation to boil water to steam to run turbines. We have other ways of doing that. We will not fall as a nation or a world as a result of greed and short-term gains. Face your shareholders and tell them the truth General Electric. Tell them you made an error and that no nuclear plant is 100% safe, nor can ever be. Tell them you have no idea what to do with the radioactive waste produced in old and new plants. Tell them that we must have all nuclear plants 100% safe; which is a goal that is impossible to achieve.

Admit your losses and move on.

14. Serfin' USA

Serfin' USA Well-Known Member

France and Canada prove that responsible management of nuclear power is actually preferable to coal power.

15. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

Every time she posts those phony photos, I will provide these very real photos.

Again, the U.N. has denounced the photos she has provided now twice as false and not from Chernobyl. The group that uses them are exploiting the children for self enrichment per the United Nations. So we must ask ourselves, why does Silhouette use them?

Now here are images that could be the result of geothermal power!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above pictures I provided are just as truthful as Silhouette's. The difference is that the U.N. did not debunk my photos.

16. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

Sadly, you are correct. France has taken the lead. With their new generation reactors, they use less fuel, produce more power, and are even safer! China has begun to follow France here and builds many new reactors every year. Meanwhile, hardcore leftwing nuts have stomped on U.S. progressing and keeping up with the world.

17. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

yes how sad that we cannot mulitply by 100 overnight the potential for a Chernobyl or Fukushima near you. No power plant is ever 100% worry free. And we have a zero tolerance for meltdowns. So the math isnt' working out.

Remember: Japan was considered state-of-the-art with nuclear before Fukushima.

Remember?

We do.

I'm trying to remember the last time a coal power plant exploded and rendered a 50 x 100 mile zone and surrounding cities uninhabitable for up to thousands of years? Who wants to live in an area where disfiguring cancers run eightfold normal? Nobody. Area is a dead zone around Chernobyl as far as humans are concerned and so will be 50 x 100 miles [or more] around Fukushima. And that's going to include Tokyo when this is all over.

Only a madman would stay in Tokyo and risk his wife being pregnant there over a safer place. Who would take even a minute risk that their child would wind up looking like this from DNA mutations prevalent around radiation pollution?

[​IMG]

Nobody trusts you nuclear shills. Your day in the sun has come and gone. Nobody is going to bet their unborn child on whether or not you're telling the truth.

18. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

Now here are images that could be the result of geothermal power!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The above pictures I provided are just as truthful as Silhouette's. The difference is that the U.N. did not debunk my photos. They did however debunk the photos she has now posted (3) times.

19. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

They don't look quite as truthful. Are you working for GE by any chance? On the payroll are you?

20. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

This just in Ohio nuclear plant having problems.

21. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Ah, "higher than expected". It seems those pesky radiation death machines are always pullilng "unexpected" radiation leaks on our very best people running them. Of course "running them" isn't really accurate when your power plant is more like a process of discovery ongoing, it's more like a freaky science experiment. Each new day we learn something more about these machines that have the potential to scrub life as we know it from the planet for decades or even thousands of years.

Let me guess, building new nuclear reactors will somehow be 100% flawless right? And what to do with all that spent fuel? And all this just to boil water. These are the strangest and most dangerous exploratory-tea-kettles ever invented.

22. zorba

zorba Banned

This may be the funniest post yet. Announcing that a conspiracy is afoot at the site that you just lionized earlier, because something has caused them to stop posting fake photos and claims.

"Odd that they took down those fake photos." What were they thinking, lol, lmfao.

I don't know that I've ever seen a more confused and stumbling liberal bumble, than this post.

23. zorba

zorba Banned

And the obligatory Al Gore-like fantastical sci-fi hysteria.....death machines ! freaky science experiment ! scrub life from the planet ! most dangerous thing ever invented !
    Unfortunately, this is the standard fallback when something like the photos has been debunked in one's face. A sad statement on today's "debate".

24. Silhouette

Silhouette New Member

Meanwhile back in reality..

In Perry Ohio "experts" [well they're all we've got, right?] are scrambling to learn new stuff about the nuclear reactors they're charged to be on top of. They're trying to learn about where the excess radiation may have come from.

It's so cool that this ongoing science experiment affords our very best people the ability to "learn-on-the-fly". And we thought with such expertise their education stopped! No. No, they're still learning how to handle the beast.

And what's really cool is, so are the engineers planning the new reactors slated to be built. It's a progressive-education. It's so neat to see the minds of the world experts on nuclear reactors still supple and expanding! In about 100 years from now with all the spent fuel and crumbling reactors spilling god only knows how much radiation into the tradewinds, oceans, aquifers and soils around the world, think how much more we will still be learning about!

Here's the nuclear math problem again: [kids, get out your pencils] "Nothing engineered by humans is 100% foolproof. And nuclear disasters allow for 0% failure of nuclear reactors. So, kids, how many nuclear reactors are "safe".

[Hint: the answer rhymes with "Nero"]

25. jcarlilesiu

jcarlilesiu Well-Known Member Past Donor

I see why you saved the picture to photobucket and then reposted it. That way you wouldn't have to tell the truth about it.

In the wee hours of Sunday morning, seven volunteers left Tokyo and drove over broken roads and past demolished houses to meet three other volunteers in the ghost town that Minami Soma has become. Some had prepared radiation suits and others wore simple vinyl raincoats.

The first two to arrive found the pack around the Odaka train station, near the owner's home, where the AP team had last seen them.

"They were waiting for their owner," said Tamiko Nakamura, a volunteer who went with the group from Tokyo.

The dogs had been left some dry food, and weren't starving.

It took a while to entice them with snacks, and six or seven were bundled into each car. The group saved 20 dogs in all.

Most were taken to a veterinary clinic in Kanagawa prefecture just west of Tokyo. Others are being cared for by individuals in other areas.​

http://www.waaytv.com/news/japan/st...cue-stranded-dogs/EiCFhr2T-Eu3ARNSvy27rg.cspx

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2011/04/...nch-starve-to-death-no-sign-of-owners-return/

Radiation didn't kill the cattle.

People abondoning them did. They are starving and without water.

Funny that both pictures were saved to YOUR photobucket, and then uploaded as resultant of the nuclear issue.

Are we just supposed to take your word for it?

Its clear that you care little about the facts and moreso about your agenda.