Facebook Hacked

Discussion in 'Other Off-Topic Chat' started by Makedde, May 12, 2011.

1. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Seems FB was hacked earlier this afternoon. Everyone had masses of spam posted on their walls, it was appearing quicker than I could delete it!

So if you see a message posted on your wall, or someone else's wall that tells you that if you want to prevent spam, you have to click a link, then don't click it - I think this is what releases the spam.
    Also if you get messages from your friends on your wall, messages that are not very nice and nasty, it isn't from them, but from the hackers.

There are also people saying to allow the hackers to hack your page. I think they are actually hackers themselves. I changed my password and I haven't been spammed again.

2. magnum

magnum Banned

Facebook sucks. I closed my account a while back. Who needs it?

3. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Ramnit worm steals 45k Facebook passwords...
    :omg:
    Worm steals 45,000 Facebook passwords, researchers say
    5 January 2012 - More malware is worming its way onto social networks.

4. waltky

waltky Well-Known Member

Granny don't like it when Chinamens peekin' in when she emails nudie pics of herself...
    :grandma:
    Microsoft to Alert Users of State-sponsored Hacking Attempts
    December 31, 2015 - Microsoft will begin alerting users of its online services, including Outlook.com, when it suspects their accounts are being hacked by government entities.
    See also:

Ukraine to Investigate Suspected Cyberattack on Energy Grid
    December 31, 2015 — Ukraine will investigate a suspected computer malware attack on its energy grid, the energy ministry said on Thursday, an incident the country's secret service has blamed on Russia.

5. Chibs

Chibs Member Past Donor

Those who wish to keep in contact with long-distance friends and relatives, perhaps?

6. Deckel

Deckel Well-Known Member Past Donor

You just need to give them as little information as possible and not authorize apps.

7. Chibs

Chibs Member Past Donor

Pretty much, my profile has very little information on it but I don't really use it that often anyway. I usually just use Skype and occasionally Twitter to keep in contact with people.

8. Deckel

I generally use email or text for my relatives/friends, and God forbid, actual telephone calls from time to time. Facebook is constantly trying to get my telephone number for my "protection" LOL. Ain't gonna happen. Last thing I want is spam texts.

I tweet quite often, but not with people I actually know much. To me that is a more pen pal-ish/strangers with common interests/business related type network.

9. Chibs

Chibs Member Past Donor

Oh yeah definitely, I always use texting and calls more than social networking and I know what you mean about the Facebook trying to get our numbers. Ain't gonna happen, but it's a shame that a few people on my friends list are stupid enough to fall for it...they also have their number on public display for everyone to see.

Twitter is more political for me, but got friends on it as well.

10. Deckel

I have multiple accounts. One I use for interest like connecting with arts & Entertainment, special interests, hobbies; one for work-related interests; and one for wicked humor that might drive followers from the other accounts away.

11. Chibs

Chibs Member Past Donor

Similar to me then, one for personal connections and humour that might be considered offensive, and another for political opinions and current events, etc.