A 'Better' Prediction of the End Times

Discussion in 'Religion & Philosophy' started by OverDrive, May 22, 2011.

1. OverDrive

OverDrive Well-Known Member Past Donor

A 'Better' Prediction of the End Times

I'll go along with the 2030's.

As I have mentioned several times B4 (without 'refudiation'), my best guess, since 'no man will know the day nor hour,' is that Believers will know 'the season' (as believers will not be caught unaware per scripture), is 2030-2033. And per the study of Biblical 'types & shadows,' where God reveals His plans in the OT stories that will be fulfilled in the NT church age; and, the 'type' of the ppl crossing over following the ark (Christ being that of a new and better covenant) in Joshua 3 are told to follow the ark being carried by Levitical 'priests' (12 Apostles?) as it crossed ovr the river Jordan by a distance of 2000 cubits (God uses numbers deliberately & consistently thru out scripture). The river Jordan as being a type of physical death, and the Promised Land being as a type of Heaven. Therefore, 2000 yrs from the death of Christ (the most 'popular' year of His death is believed to be 33 AD (if born 0 AD and died at 33 yrs of age), but could have been earlier at around 3-4 BC. Using that range of birth and a fairly well accepted life span of 33 yrs (priests were anointed at 30 YO; and Christ, called our High priest, is mentioned as ministering for 3 Passovers), 2000 yrs later would give the range of 2030-2033 AD.

And going along with 2 asteroids that will pass by in that date range, would then fall in the Tribulation period and be validated by the scripture in the Book of Revelation:

Trumpet 2 (Revelation 8:8 ): "A fiery mountain falls into the sea killing a third of all marine life."

As far as the event called "Rapture," I'm neither here nor there on that being a pre/mid/post-tribulation event; but there is prophesied a "catching away of the saints" with those who are dead in Christ rising first, at His 2nd Coming.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18:

15 For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep. <i.e. as those who physically 'die in Christ', but are alive spiritually>

16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Also, 'God's clock' would also then be consistent with His numerology scheme, being 4000 yrs from the fall of Adam to the birth of the Messiah, plus a 2000 yr Church Age, followed by a 1000 yr Millennium of Peace, B4 the fiery re-creation (as in a refining by fire burning off the dross) of a new earth comes to 7000 yrs---God's number for both 'completion' as well as 'perfection.'

Just some food for thought for those with an 'open mind' who value the scriptures and look for harmony with the possible natural occurrences used as tools per the will of God---for 'all' astronomers agree that some time in the future (years, 100's/-millions of years, the earth will get hit again by a large meteor/comet...

BTW, Where are you, Teddy...?!!!

2. OverDrive

Forgot to mention/and clarify a couple more of the types in regards:

1) Told to set up 12 stones after the crossing of the Jordan--OT 12 tribes/NT 12 Apostles as the foundation stones, with Jesus referred to in the NT as "the Chief Cornerstone.'

2) Also world created in 6 days with God resting on the 7th day (take it literally or allegorically)---a type of the 1000 yr Millennium of Peace being the 7th day of His plan. Again, numerology affirms "7" being God's number of completion and/or perfection..

My former comment about those who are 'open minded' most likely will disqualify all of the 'hard-core' Atheists on the forum, but mainly will speak to those of faith and any moderate Agnostics who may read the OP....

3. verystormy

verystormy Active Member

Am i right in thinking that you believe the world is only 6000 years old?

4. FreeWare

FreeWare Active Member Past Donor

Does this include people of non-Abrahamic convictions? Say, those of the Hindu faith?

5. cassandrabandra

cassandrabandra New Member

well at least its a couple of decades away ... people will have forgotten you predicted it long before it happens, so you won't need to feel embarassed when it doesn't happen like that.

6. AllEvil

AllEvil Active Member Past Donor

They say that stuff posted on the internet stays there forever. With that in mind:

Attention future people!

Assuming the 2030's are long gone, and the world is still in one piece, please laugh at OverDrive on my behalf.

Much appreciated.

7. OverDrive

Need to read "mo betta" where I qualified the 4000 yrs from the fall of Adam to the birth of Christ as "(take it literally or allegorically)," or also metaphorically. And again, God has His Own 'clock" and as said twice in scripture, "1 day to the Lord is as a Thousand years"---could have said million or billion years, but that big of number didnt exist during the times of the OT prophets...

BTW, I'm immune to the ole 'gotcha' accusations of 'stale atheists'..

Let's see...I've got 19-22 yrs for my 'best guess' to be proven wrong..!! I give no guarantees, just my 'best guess,' based on Biblical scripture, types & shadows (God always reveals His plans ahead of time to His followers---1st in the physical realm, which point to the actual events to occur in the future in the spiritual realm), and the consistency of Biblical numerology (where numbers do always mean something in regards to His will), mixed with the possibilities of observed science in accordance with the harmony of scripture..

With the above disclaimer, I will mention that I have a Paypal acct and will keep it open for the full 22 years (BUT, I dont sell Indulgences!!)...[​IMG]

8. OverDrive

Also, there is no doubt that this world is moving on an exponential path (scripture says that prior to the end times, "men will be going to & fro, and knowledge will greatly increase," in the future. Look at how quickly things are changing.

Look at the hotbed of the Middle East, and the possibilities for Western democracies are highly 'improbable,' but the ultimate goal of a Muslim Caliphate of Islamic States is the most probable future in that region of the world. And all those states (several with nukes) agree that Israel (having over 100 nukes) must not exist.

And all of the end time events are prophesied to occur around Israel (also prophesied to come back as a nation after many years), being the center of the AntiChrist being revealed, the battle of Armageddon, etc.

Things are falling into place as I type....I but ask those reading this thread to 'think' about all these things, and attempt to keep an 'open mind'..........

Oh, yeah, BTW, it is written about the end time Tribulation that those on the earth going thru it will NOT ask God for mercy, but will indeed 'curse' Him as it all winds down..think about that....what would YOU do in such a situation...?

9. pegasuss

pegasuss New Member

Do all you looney tunes live together? Did you have a draw for the end date? I bet you did.

You're all predicting "Armageddon", right?

Trouble is you don't know what Armageddon is. I'll enlighten you.

It was a place at the joining of the trails from north, south and east that met north of Jersualem. It was situated on a hill overlooking the roads. Because of the people who travelled those roads and their purpose, ie the Crusades and similar, inevitably vicious battles resulted at .... guess where? That's right, at Armageddon.

So it's not a future event at all and compared to today's wars those battles were minor squirmishes (As Sarah Palin pronounces the word skirmish).

So, it's happened, many times and the world didn't end. But I sure wish all you loonies would reach your use by date, and soon as I'm sick to death of the garbage you push out like a baby seeking attention.

Go change your diaper, you pushed too hard.

10. OverDrive

When I was talking about being 'open minded," that didnt mean being an 'airhead!" As were your inane and rude personal comments. The summary of a multitude of references that I 'offered' in regards to such events was answered by YOU with crude and Junior High like retorts....your attempt at posting was but in vain [​IMG]

11. Independent with a voice

Independent with a voice New Member

I see. However, I also see that Apophis' chances of hitting us dropped to 1 in 250,000 since I last looked it up. Then again, there's always the matter of something from beyond Pluto. Even so, an asteroid being a fiery mountain sounds plausible. With the odds being lowered, I have my doubts about anything happening in 2030s, if the fiery mountain is even intended to be an asteroid. Oh, and while it sounds similar, it also sounds a bit off. If the end times are supposed to slip in like a thief in the night, how would an asteroid we've known for some time qualify? How would something from beyond Pluto qualify? More than likely, we would see something like years in advance to.

12. OverDrive

I've seen several shows about 'our world' attempting to stop a large asteroid ahead of time, but also per Michio Kaku, destroying it (as in using nukes) might make things worse with a shower of still large meteors hitting multiple places on the earth; and trying to 'divert it' would be a possibility if the diversion was done in time and did not in fact direct it more so toward the earth as a direct hit vs. a glance off of our atmosphere. Even so, other asteroids not yet discovered could also hit since they are continually & randomly impacting each other changing their orbits, as well as being slung out of orbit by Jupiter's gravity, and may not be 'seen' until the last moment.

But just as the movie media has made the future revelation of the Antichrist a joke (with multiple 'types' of antichrists existing since the prophecy, as pointing to the actual charismatic 'man of intrigue' who will fool the whole world), the same will occur with the 7 yr period of Tribulation (of which the 'fiery mountain' is but only 1 of the events) will & is being discredited by the Godless of the world (aka per scripture, the "end time mockers & scoffers'). But, the will of God will be accomplished independent of whatever man can/will do, and these things foretold WILL happen as He 'promised!'

13. OverDrive

Just wanted to add one more thing: an analogy of how could all these events (an Antichrist, Tribulation, etc.) could come to pass after all the notoriety and false alarms that will discredit them ahead of their 'actual time:'

It's the old story of "The boy who cried wolf." But remember the end of the story....the wolf did eventually come!

14. pegasuss

pegasuss New Member

By "open minded: of course you mean anyyone who has also swallowed the trash you have.

And, no. My post is right there, on thye thread. So it was not in vain at all.

Why don't you loonies understand the English language?

Speaking of inane, weren't you on about the "end" date? How inane can you get? Babbling out something that's not going to happen, can't be brought on by crazies with billboards and in direct contrast to the evidence.

Open minded indeed! You must be referring to a brain full of holes like swiss cheese. So air does flow through it.

Have you not got anything better to do but dwell on your own demise, and throw it out as a destiny for all?

15. OverDrive

Again, you have proven yourself to be just a boor, and not contributing anything to this thread but insults.

If you would have read the various threads about the Bro Theo/Camping predictions of the May 21 Rapture, instead of shooting from the hip with the shotgun of diarrhea mouth, you would know that "I" didnt support the prediction and in fact called them out as 'false prophets' and heretics!

I also see nothing in the scriptures to support the Dec 21, 2012 end of times prediction.

But you really dont care about what I have to say personally, you just lump togethr all ppl with the title of 'religious' and spew bigoted hatred in the process.

AGAIN, you posts are 'still' but in vain, providing absolutely nil to this thread... take my advice and "quit while you are BEHIND!"[​IMG]

16. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

The Tribulation ended in 73 AD..

17. Object227

Object227 Well-Known Member

That's the claim of classical preterism which is proven dead wrong in every possible sense (biblical and historical). This 'TheologyWeb' thread (The Presterist Debate thread) introduced me to this very false 'end times' theological position.

Some key points in the OP's presentation:

18. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Yes.. your view came out of the Darbyite "Brethern" and was promoted by Cyrus Scofield and Samuel Untermyer. Its a very late heresy.

Study ancient history from around 300 BC thru 500 AD..

Everyone had glomed on to the conspiracy theory that Nero would return from the dead and reconquer with an army of parthians to start the persecutions all over again.

19. Object227

My view? I haven't presented a view. I introduced this particular board to an organized debate thread that illustrates the major flaws and errors in Preterism using the Bible. The opinions of Darby, Scofield, Untermyer, Bullinger, Larkin, Stam and others known as 'Dispenstionalists' is irrelevent.

20. greatamerican128

greatamerican128 New Member

Here's an even better prediction of the End Times: never

21. Johntherepublican

Johntherepublican Member

what about Oct 21, 2011 a lot of my friends are talking about that date as the possible date their is a preacher that saids it's guaranteed straight out of the Bible.

22. Giftedone

Giftedone Well-Known Member Past Donor

Oh . . you mean that Preacher that speaks for God .. that one.

I know this fellow !

23. FreeWare

FreeWare Active Member Past Donor

Object227, I'm not out to discuss scripture but I have a question regarding your post. In the opening post you refer to from TheologyWeb.com, it says that if a "contradiction exists between any interpretation and God's Word, then that explanation of Scripture is dead wrong". Then there's a discussion about what the "generation" in Mark 13:30 refers to and the viewpoint that it's the generation that sees the signs is allegedly supported by the assertion that, according to Matt. 24:36, Jesus could not have known which generation would see the signs.

However, doesn't this contradict with the basic Christian tenet that Jesus is God and therefore would know? And so, in the words of the opening post you quoted, wouldn't this be "dead wrong"?

24. OverDrive

As the forum's resident apostate in Christian sheep's clothing, whose posts rely on secular history with no spiritual revelation of the NT 'word of God being living & active' per scripture, your lack of understanding of spiritual things is in line with all of your postings across the board. Your anti-Semite and pro-Arab bias and rantings show that you are one of those who I warned about in my previous post:

And since you claim to be of 'advanced' age, you have nothing to be concerned about of these event happening in your lifetime. I believe you use that to bolster your falling away from the faith with anti-Jewish (which is also anti-NT Jew, as we Christians have been grafted into their 'tree' per scripture) criticisms thru out all of your postings....without illumination by the word of God, there is no revelation of it being living & active---alive today as it was spoken of prophetically originally. I'm afraid that you use the biased opinions of men to justify your failing in your faith.

25. Object227

I noticed you said "basic Christian tenet" without naming which denominations make this claim and which scriptural passage supports the claim that 'Jesus is God'. There is no scripture on record saying Jesus is God but there are many saying he is the Son of God (John 1:34, Romans 1:4 for example) and if you read Christ's own words carefully, you will see him say that he (the Son) does not know the day or hour while the Father does (Matt 24:36, Mark 13:32):