The Simulation Argument.

Discussion in 'Science' started by iAWESOME, Jun 19, 2011.

1. iAWESOME

iAWESOME New Member

Ahhh my favorite scientific theory. In 50 years its speculated that computers will have the computing power of a human brain. In 500 years who is to say computers can't simulate entire Universes? Considering we're on the brink of being able to do this, who is to say this isn't happening now? Why couldn't it be happening now? If humans can refrain from killing each other between now and 1000 years from now (which is unlikely), we WILL be able to simulate entire Universes, so rather its happening now or not is irrelevant, because it will happen then. So, its entirely possible that 1000 years from now, humans figure out that backwards time travel is impossible, so they simulate the past, build computer replicas of their brains, insert their computers into a simulation, and now live 1000 years in the past in the year 2011.

2. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

cool thinking dood.

the reason so much has slowed in the 'computing' growth is the building as referenced in 'morse's law'. It is that the binary MO is about over. likewise, the brain is not an 'electrical system' of binary (and/or gates) either.

the flavor to observe is of light

and that is the new scope of not only understanding (how mass/energy works) but also how the brain operates.

As an analogy; think of mass retaining a specific wavelength and then be recalled. So if i make a crystal that holds yellow, then another that hold red, then another that hold blue.............. how many variations can i make of colors. Then with them colors how many pictures can i create on convass.

So each canvass is a new memory and there of, how many pictures can i hold in (upon mass) memory (crystaline structures; glial) (now go look up polaritonics)

Forget so much the time reversal and predictability, return to the benchmarks of how mass, energy within time operate, then go back to the drawing board.

ie.... take a picture of today, and see it tomorrow. Then draw what you wish to see of tomorrow and build it. (like blue prints)

but how to do that is the process, you and i (our future generations) need to be working on first.

And we can combine that understanding with 'words' so they can do what the previous generations could not

the reason for the deadlock in computing power is that the old paradigm is about over and the new model needs programing to use the amount of variables.

You are on the ground floor of using light (ie.... everyone has a cell phone; how does it exchange with the towers?... that is where to focus on; the light and how it works)

3. Anarcho-Technocrat

Anarcho-Technocrat New Member

It's Moore's Law and it has nothing to do with the end of binary yet that computing power doubles every two years. While the human brain isn't a system of (and/or/xor/cnot..etc) gates future computers wont use conventional logic with crisp sets and sharp boundaries, rather future computers will use more advanced logic otherwise known as Fuzzy Logic which was designed to mimic human reasoning. Accordingly, with the rise of Quantum Computing I believe it is possible that in 50 or so years computers will be close in processing power. The human brain is the most complex system in the observable universe, we won't be able to simulate it anytime soon. As in computing power I mean all capabilities of human thought, idk what the OP suggests but with that comes NLU (Natural Language Understanding), etc.

4. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

it seems the computer cannot create memory but light can create blue prints of tomorrow

5. los2rec

los2rec New Member

Simulations may have an engineering value, but they are worthless in the scientific sense. Scientifically, the problem with simulations is that you can cook one up for anything that you observe experimentally. In other words, simulations never help understand a problem. Even randomized simulations, such as the Monte Carlo method, are useful only to predict the behavior of known systems in a new applications.
    :date:
    :sun:

6. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

i know... and make such mistakes all the time.

the pattern is about costs to power

and the binary concept was meant that electrical processing is about over

the logic is not what is important, even as you are trying to sound intelligent

the PROCESSING will be of light, instead of electric charge of oooooooo and 111111111111 (on off) (gates)

i must sound childish sometime as it is weird to be corrected by someone who really has little intent of integrity anyways

Look at how many threads i have opened regarding this issue within this one section of the forum.

why not go into them and share some of your fuzzy logic regarding the new methods of maintaining 'memories' (upon mass)?

7. Anarcho-Technocrat

Optical Quantum Computing is harder to maintain that Superconductive Quantum Computing. OPC won't be practical for quite some time however SQC is already being implemented by D-Wave.

8. Anarcho-Technocrat

I'll post a link to the research paper when I am done. The 1st introductory paper should be done in a few days. The paper regarding the core concepts, equations, and algorithms won't be done until the end of this year.

9. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

what does this june 20 publication share

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/06/110620094900.htm

"Self-Assembling Electronic Nano-Components"

kind of like borrowing from what 'living' organisms do

10. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

wipe the make up off your face.....

as just by reading your posts, i could care less what your 'paper' is on as i can already READ what you represent and it is already obsolete (antiquated_

11. Anarcho-Technocrat

So says the person who belongs to a dozen plus forums posting incoherent drivel and getting banned from half of them. At least I'm actually contributing to the scientific community.

12. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

If that is what your paper does then I would love to read but like I have said all over this forum, what you post is old school complacent crap.

Not to mention you post in threads and rather than address the science, the threads or any inquiries posted you post about your paper and contributions but not as of yet have mentioned what it will do for mankind.

You are writing because it is required for your degree not because it will assist mankind.

Butttttttt..... Open a thread and let this little forum read what you are so proud of. No need to await the publication. Write or provide the abstract (and the conclusions) so we all can measure.

Expose yourself so others can see what you got!

Ie.... Get off this thread with your crap..

13. Anarcho-Technocrat

Maybe if you had basic reading comprehension and 3rd grade grammar skills you could write a paper too. However, academia isn't for everyone but posting on forums sure is!

14. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

i write all day long

you cant even read a thread title and address it.

why is that?

why is it, i have threads addressing what is new in the scientific world and you dont address them threads either?

why not call up them scientist and tell them about your paper

when academia requires complacency you can see why.

we both know life abuses entropy but you dont have the moxy to put it into print, either academically or on a forum

you are just lying to yourself and we both know it

15. Anarcho-Technocrat

I'm just wondering if you any clue, even the slightest idea of what a paragraph is? So, do you?

16. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

nice inquiry

i must apologize to you for my peanut gallery ruining your thread

17. oldjar07

oldjar07 Active Member

Who cares? This is a science forum, not a grammar forum.

18. Anarcho-Technocrat

LOL, you have to articulate yourself in a manner which is coherent and concise of which Bishadi fails to. I can't understand anything he says because he's all over the place. No structure to how he communicates...

19. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

cuz i err tupid

ummm darrrr........ what do idiots walk the planck?

dont dey nnowk that it be da short step and ignut?

all dem smaught doods and dudettes and i tink it must eeder tupidity, selfishyness or juts the moooorons imposing daar belifs versus integrity to science that has sooooo many drownin'

how can 'we the people' shut the fricken clowns up and let the evidence do da talkin'?

20. oldjar07

oldjar07 Active Member

Bad grammar isn't the grammar. The reason you and I can not understand him is he spews (*)(*)(*)(*) out and doesn't know what he is talking about.

21. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

ok, so let's try English;

the second law of thermodynamics incorporated into Planck constant (1901 pub, distribution of energy) was/is the rube of today's physics.

To maintain the use as a biased adherance is why "walking the Planck" is moronic.

If you don't comprehend that then it is you and the clown(s) that are ignorant and don't have a clue what you're talking about.

Ie.... It is like you guys believing the world is flat and the sun revolves around the earth. Meaning; you are right now on the ground floor of a paradigm shift and either you have the balls to check yourself and your beliefs or you don't.

But I have more math and evidence under my belt then perhaps you are giving credit for and your rants are basically because I contest both the 2lot and Planck which in itself completely reduces the current paradigm to garbage.

First fact; there is no such thing as a perfectly closed system (perfect vacuum) between any 2 points of mass.

So either you have the integrity to be honest with yourself or you don't. Neither way knowledge will evolve with or without the clowns.

22. Anarcho-Technocrat

LMFAO... it's like an obese person walking into a treatment center for the anorexic claiming they are the skinniest person there. If anything I get out of you Bishadi is a good laugh here and there, thanks btw.

Yep still made no sense whatsoever. Terrible grammar and no paragraphs.

Problem?

23. Anarcho-Technocrat

OHH and btw.

What math?

problem?

24. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

idiots are all over the place

So everyone should have something to eat

25. Bishadi

Bishadi Banned

if the monkeys dont comprehend why hot coffee goes cold and just says 'because' i aint teaching them how to isolate/collect u235 with electromagnetism