What Is Your Opinion On Medical Marijuana For Pain Management?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by liberalminority, Jun 23, 2011.

1. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

Technically the federal government with the DEA can prosecute as it has been done to some people.

It is a tight rope as Physicians can recommend this treatment but not prescribe it since it is illegal under federal law.

Many States have legalized it and many businesses are making millions selling it regulated and taxed.

It should be federally legalized for pain management since many people don't have proper health care for surgery.

2. P. Lotor

P. Lotor Banned Past Donor

It's not up to the federal govt. 10th a.

3. ModerateG

ModerateG New Member

Honestly I'm pretty sure many of those people bull crap it just to get Marijuana. Not all. But some.

:)

4. Oxyboy

Oxyboy New Member

It'll help my pain managment at about 7pm this evening.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

:):)

5. liberalminority

Many people who use it for pain management say that they still have pain but they don't care while under the influence.

Must be an interesting feeling.

6. thinkingliberal

thinkingliberal New Member

I like the freedom to think for myself and treat myself. I also like how it dulls my body pain and helps me sleep. Nothing else has worked without scary side effects or dependency.

7. Joe Six-pack

Joe Six-pack Banned

It should be federally decriminalized so that States can legalize it themselves.

The problem is government in the way, the solution is the free market.

8. Warspite

Warspite Banned

How about NO. Federal legalisation or federal illegalisation - pick one.

9. NetworkCitizen

NetworkCitizen New Member

Legalize it. I think Hillary's paycheck might take a hit though if that were to happen, since she said there is too much money in it to legalize it.

I do not support the legalization of cocaine and psychedelics, maybe a few of them would be ok, but I've seen good friends lives' go to waste on cocaine and I think there are too many mental problems with psychedelics.

Alcohol is worse than marijuana, I have little doubt about that.

10. youenjoyme420

youenjoyme420 New Member

i think it does relieve pain a little bit, but for the most part i agree, it makes you just not care. not in a bad way though, i wouldnt call it apathy. content would be a better word.

same thing with our "laziness" i think. its not really that we are lazy, i do landscaping baked almost everyday, and thats not lazy work. it makes us content. if we're sitting on our couch, we're content. if we're at work, we are content. whatever we happen to be doing at that time, we're content with it.

11. Ethereal

Ethereal Well-Known Member

If the Federal government doesn't "regulate" the consumption of drugs like marijuana, society will crumble. We'll all die in agony. It's unavoidable.

12. liberalminority

agreed cocaine would be a little too far, it is too pleasurable and expensive.

Marijuana for pain management seems reasonable.

13. Joe Six-pack

Joe Six-pack Banned

I'll educate you, US States have their own Laws. The Federal Government needs disband it's laws against cannabis. There you go. You are welcome.

14. liberalminority

The FDA regulates prescriptions so if it were federally legalized physicians could prescribe it instead of recommending it as they do now.

15. Joe Six-pack

Joe Six-pack Banned

I'm all for federal decriminalization and State legalization for sale. Just let people buy it if they want to. Why do we need prescriptions?

BTW--I'd be all for reducing the role of the FDA and allowing States to regulate their prescriptions. But that's a separate issue.

16. Josh12984576

Josh12984576 New Member

If it were legalized, then drug sellers would want to next legalize other drugs because it "helps."

Weed should only be legalized for medical treatment with a perscription by a doctor for patients who honestly need it and should be proctored by the federal government and grown in federal establishments.

Only patients who really need it should be administered it by a federbal agency at a location decided by the agency providing the treatment. The treatment should only be used in very extreme cases.

If weed were legalized, then many car accidents would happen because almost all druggies under the influence of weed would drive, and seeing how it slows down your reflexes, there would be many car crashes and pedestrian deaths because people wanted to legalize it and drive.

17. liberalminority

that is too far ahead, they are having troubles with physicians allowing it for sick people.

18. Joe Six-pack

Joe Six-pack Banned

Certain States are trying to legalize it, but the Federal Government isn't helping. The Federal Government needs to decriminalize to show the States that it's ok. I'd be willing to bet that within a year or two of Federal decriminalization, California and a few other States would legalize it. As long as patients can get a hold of it, I don't care about the FDA.

19. EFFIT

EFFIT New Member

If California reports legalizing marijuana failed pretty much there is no reason to believe voting works. Seriously. Paper ballots again please. Love this country. What the heck?

20. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

1) Statistically, counter-intuitive as this may seem, people driving under the influence of marijuana drive safer than control groups.

2) No, that doesn't mean I think you should smoke weed and then drive.

3) We already have laws in place for people who drive under the influence of a drug (or fly planes or operate heavy machinery or whatever), such as alcohol. We don't need to criminalize the weed itself any more than we need to criminalize alcohol (somewhat less in fact).

21. Troianii

Troianii Well-Known Member Past Donor

It really shouldn't be touched by the federal government (tenth amendment).

Beyond that, I think that the laws should be universal. If we actually have justification to make marijuana illegal, those same rules don't apply to hospital patients any less than other law abiding citizens. That being said, why should we criminalize stupidity? Let people smoke whatever they want.

22. leftlegmoderate

leftlegmoderate New Member

It should be legalized, taxed, and regulated.

But until then, in the states where MM is legal, or legal to some degree, then yes, doctors should prescribe it.

If the patient has a legitimate claim, the doctor is fine with the treatment, and the patient responds positively... then yes. It can't be hap hazard though, to the point where you could make up any ol' excuse to get MM. Supporters of legalized marijuana should not try to use medical marijuana as a back door to scoring a sack. It's disingenuous.

23. AnonymouslyMe

AnonymouslyMe New Member

I wish Bush knew that when he sent his JD to arrest cancer patients in OR while al queda was planning 9/11. :-(

24. AnonymouslyMe

AnonymouslyMe New Member

It is absolutely ASSANINE to make criminals out of people for smoking weed.

25. loving grace

loving grace New Member

Support Law Enforcement Against Prohibition.

[video=youtube;x-l0R_ZL9BA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-l0R_ZL9BA[/video]