When a Christian joins the Masons...

Discussion in 'Conspiracy Theories' started by Clausewitz, Jun 26, 2011.

You are viewing posts in the Conspiracy Theory forum. PF does not allow misinformation. However, please note that posts could occasionally contain content in violation of our policies prior to our staff intervening.

1. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

...When a Christian takes the oath of Freemasonry, he is swearing to the following doctrines that God has pronounced false and sinful:

1. That salvation can be gained by man’s good works.
    2. That Jesus is just one of many equally revered prophets.
    3. That they will remain silent in the Lodge and not talk of Christ.
    4. That they are approaching the Lodge in spiritual darkness and ignorance, when the Bible says Christians are already in the light, children of the light, and are indwelt by the Light of the World—Jesus Christ.
    5. By demanding that Christians take the Masonic oath, Masonry leads Christians into blasphemy and taking the name of the Lord in vain.
    6. Masonry teaches that its G.A.O.T.U. [Great Architect of the Universe], whom Masonry believes is the true God of the universe, is representative of all gods in all religions.
    7. Masonry makes Christians take a universalist approach in their prayers, demanding a “generic” name be used so as not to offend non-believers who are Masonic “brothers”.
    8. By swearing the Masonic oath and participating in the doctrines of the Lodge, Christians are perpetuating a false gospel to other Lodge members, who look only to Masonry’s plan of salvation to get to heaven. By their very membership in such a syncretistic type organization, they have severely compromised their witnessing as Christians.
    9. By taking the Masonic obligation, the Christian is agreeing to allow the pollution of his mind, spirit, and body by those who serve false gods and believe false doctrines.

http://www.gotquestions.org/free-masonry.html

2. KSigMason

KSigMason Banned at Members Request Past Donor

We do not say that by good works alone will you gain entrance in heaven.

Where does it say that?

It's a fine line, but the Lodge is composed of men all faiths, but we do not seek to stifle your faith nor do we elevate one above another in order to keep peace and harmony in the Lodge. When we pray we use a generic prayer so that the individual Mason may pray to the God of his choosing. When I pray I pray to Christ.

In reference to Masonry you are in the dark until you go through the degrees. It does not say you are religious in the dark.

We never take the Lords name in vain and in fact we are Charged (the charge is given at the end of the ceremony, usually after the lecture - and is equally binding as our oaths) where we are told never to take the name of our God in vain, but to only say speak of God with reverence as a creature owes to his Creator.

Negative. Freemasonry never manifests GAOTU into a form, but leaves how the individual believes his god to be. To me, GAOTU is the God of the Christian Bible.

I have explained this above. Also note that this is mostly just in the Blue Lodge, but in such bodies like the York Rite, we pray to Christ.

Freemasonry has no plan of salvation nor does it seek to. It leaves your salvation to your individual faith.

The only pollution I've seen is from the religiously insecure in their attempts to spread intolerance and hatred.

EDIT: As for the link, most of what was on that site was bull(*)(*)(*)(*) and false.

Shangrila and (deleted member) like this.
  3. starbow

starbow New Member Past Donor

the site you reference has confusing and false information. from what I can tell, your opinion of Masonry is wrong and misleading.

4. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

It doesn't matter what site I use. As long as it's critical of Masonry, you will disagree and call it misleading. Nothing I can post will change your mind. Not even the testimony of former Masons. If I'm wrong then this should suffice.

http://emfj.org/mensclub.htm

5. KSigMason

The EMFJ site is a joke and most of those men's stories are full of (*)(*)(*)(*).

You're not here for truth, but rather to critique what you truly don't understand nor ever will with the ignorance I've seen from you. Intolerance and hatred is really an ugly thing.

6. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

I realize no mattter what or who I cite, as long as it disagrees with Masonry you will reject. If you are comfortable praying to Jesus using the same name that people use to worship demons (Masons of other faiths) be my guess. But if I were you I would reexamine my beliefs. You seem to adopt a stance that is in direct opposition to the Gospel, such as your acceptance of homosexuality. Since we are Christians accepting of any sin? I suspect you will reject the article I am about to post, because there is no way these former Masons could possible know as much about the "Craft" as you do. Hopefully it'll reach somebody else...

So you've got a decision to make...do you refuse to talk to your Mason brothers so you don't violate the rules of your lodge, or do you decide that the Bible is the most important thing in your life and at least advise them they are on the way to hell? It all depends on where your allegiance lays.

RiseAgainst and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

Is the Apostle a joke too, or he is merely intolerant and hateful?

Do I [Paul] mean then that a sacrifice offered to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. (1 Corinthians 10:19-20)

8. KSigMason

If you wouldn't pick bull(*)(*)(*)(*) hate sites I wouldn't pick them apart. GAOTU is not a demon, it's a generic term. I am not praying to Demons or any such nonsense. I have not seen any contradictions from Freemasonry with my religious beliefs.

My political beliefs are my own and for the most part I don't let my (*)religious turn me into a tyrant. I know, I'm a bad person for allowing freedom to spread. I may say I don't care for civil unions, but I don't accept homosexuality outright. I tolerate it for the sake of freedom, but that has nothing to do with my religious beliefs. My political beliefs, as I said, are my own and not the opinion of Freemasonry. If you followed Masonic news, you'd know that there is a Grand Lodge who expelled a member for coming out of the closet.

As for your article from EMFJ, I've seen this on another site, and replied to it. As for the whole prayer, it is to the individual Brother to whom he prays. Who are to tell me who I'm praying to in my heart.(*)

It's very clear the EMFJ don't get the concept of GAOTU, and neither do you. From everything I've read on their site there is a great deal they don't understand or ideas they didn't grasp, or confused it. I will say not every Lodge is good with helping members with their studies or proficiency so they are often left wanting. (*)So many don't know the history of the Craft and the evolution of the rituals and ceremonies. They don't know the etymology of the words and terms.

Walking into Lodge is not the same as going to religious temple. That is apples and oranges. Freemasonry doesn't do sacrifices. In fact, most of the rituals and legends surrounding Freemasonry come from the Bible.

We don't worship in the Lodge, we do prayers, but we don't do idol worship or sacrifices. This is a lie and someone misconstruing the facts.

9. KSigMason

Well luckily I don't participate with demons.

10. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

11. KSigMason

You've already made up your mind about it without actually going through it. I can try to explain it to you, but you're close minded and locked down. I did my research and I did my soul searching before joining, I'm happy with my life and my choices.

12. Clausewitz

Clausewitz Active Member

But is Jesus? You're quite close minded too. Nothing anybody could say could convince you the masons are incompatible with Christianity.

13. KSigMason

Because it is compatible. The crap thrown at Freemasonry is nothing more fanatical propaganda.

14. KSigMason

I find the religion of the insecure insufferable and evil.

Here's some interesting reads I've found:

15. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

That is very interesting, but also very misleading.
    I researched the subject for some time, mainly because of personal curiosity, as well as the mystery surrounding Masons.
    As a devout Christian, I came to the conclusion that the fact that many of our founding fathers were Mason served as a foundation for our constitutional Republic, to embrace and afford Freedom of Religion to everyone, allowing everyone to pray to his/her God in his/her own way, or not pray at all.
    You see, our God is the God of free will, the God of 'open invitation'. We may take Him up on it, or turn the other way.
    God weeps for those who do not follow this invitation, and they will eventually suffer the consequence, but its His observance of what we do with the free will granted by Him, that we are judged on in the end.
    So every man, woman and child, and in this case, every Mason, has to make a choice. No one is forced, and what's more, we will be judged on how we interact with, and judge, each other.

KSigMason and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Cowboy_boots

Cowboy_boots New Member

It is interesting how those who wish to use politics or religion have always opposed Masonry. The tyrants and dictators of the world can not tolerate free thought, be they religious or political tyrants.

It is amazing how some in a nation very much built upon the ideas of the Masonic Constitution claim to love that nation, but hate Masonry.

Masonry is built upon Christian principles, but unlike some who call themselves Christians, has faith in Christianity. It is why a Mason can sit in Lodge with someone of different beliefs and treat them as equal. We believe if we simply live as Christians those who are not Christians will seek "light" in this regard.

Modern Christianity is the only religion to never tell a man to convert or die. Masonry says man should have freedom of Religion.

Many Christians think they along have the answers and "correct" understanding of scripture. They are as the Catholic Church was some 700 years ago when it ordered the stoning to death of those who said the world was not flat.

Those who call themselves Christians, but hate Masonry, enjoy the bounties, and freedoms created by Masons when this country was founded. It is impossible to remain intellectually honest and dislike Masonry and claim to love America. The two are simply intertwined and Masonry is the greatest cornerstone of this nation.

The first document printed on the mechanical printing press was our Holy Bible, this was so mankind no longer needed a holy man to interact between him and go, he could understand God's commandments for himself. And this was the beginning of the end of the Church using religion and lack of knowledge of scripture to control and rule over mankind.

The second document printed was the Masonic Constitution, which showed mankind how to organize societies into fictional groups.

Yes, Masons accept those of differing religions in our mist. We respect the right given to us by Christ himself for each man to make his own choices. And we acknowledge if we ourselves live as Christians those among us will likely join us. This is the strength of faith those who would use religious babble and double speak to attack Masonry know nothing of.

Our Knights Templar fought the Muslims protecting the Christians as they traveled to Jerusalem. And today, our Knights Templar take a binding oath to promote the Christian faith over all others. Few who run around promoting their Christianity have gone to such steps to learn, educate themselves, and taken such a binding oath. Few indeed.

But that does not stop those wishing to use faith, of any color, to impose their will upon others. It does not stop the arrogance that will not acknowledge one's own ignorance. That is the job of the tyrant, be he religious or political. Either as as likely to end in the slavery of mankind, and oppression of all we hold dear. And as we can see, just as Masonry set in a place a nation of Religious freedom which has caused the rapid spread of Judeo Christian values throughout the globe, it has not stopped the linger hatred of freedom, independent thought, and rampant arrogance among those who would use Religion to promote themselves and for their own selfish interest.

One man has been trying to rule over another since Cain and Able. Today, the tools used are different, but the intent is entirely the same.

KSigMason and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Spade115

Spade115 New Member

I have a question about this and I have no real dog in this fight, I am a non practicing roman catholic and dont pray or goto church (anymore) and like to consider myself just another Heathan.

BUT.....

I read through most of this and I saw a few things I wanted to ask. I talked to a few masons who were willing to give me information about joining and asking my local lodge for informationg (I was looking into it because my uncle was joining in a group from the Dallas Tx area but he told me he cannot join because of various things but was trying to learn teachings to better himself.)

I read one post saying "Is Jesus ok with your decisions" (Sorry I am doing it by memory and rushed right now at the office.

My question is Jesus is the son of god, and no one is to be held higher then GOD, if you dont worship the saints you shouldnt worship jesus as god either? (I actually hear this alot)

Jesus isnt god but the son and you should worship god only?

My other question is if people befor christ beleived in many religions and there were many religions prior then that, (Sun god, anubis who could of also just been DEATH, and so on and so forth) why can there only be one god? Why not many and god is just Zeus from the norse gods? Satan would also just be haydes.

I am not trying to bring down the religion I just wonder because I have gone to many church's and everyones interpritation varies depending on where your at.

18. KSigMason

Those questions I would say would be something to bring to a priest or as you are non-practicing, I'd say ask your heart.

That's why religions are separated into monotheistic and polytheistic. I love the study of religion and seeing the differences, and similarities, between them all.

19. lardbeetle

lardbeetle New Member

I'm no fan of English-style freemasonry, but this is quite nutty. Masonry is not a religious organization, and I cannot see how anything it advocated contradicts mainstream Christianity.

20. Spade115

Spade115 New Member

Ive been kicked out of church befor so I know where asking questions is, I also like to learn about all religions mainly because theres always something to learn.

21. KSigMason

World religions was one of my courses in college and as a kid I loved reading about Norse, Egyptian, Greek, Roman, and Irish mythologies.

22. gamewell45

gamewell45 Well-Known Member Past Donor

Before you put on line your ill conceived theories about freemasonry, try reading this link.

http://www.masonicinfo.com/duane.htm

Ed King will prove to you that Dwayne Washum and his anti-masonry website is nothing more then a religious cult which bashes any other religion that is not affiliated with his "religion".

23. Cowboy_boots

Cowboy_boots New Member

Since the days of the beginning, those who wished to use religion or political means to enslave others have attacked Masons. ALL who wish to enslave others do this. They must.

Masonry, by its very tenants, create freedom, and show the error of man being placed above man. Masonry exposes the value of EACH individual, and each individuals right to a relationship with God as he sees fit.

America was founded on these principles, founded on the idea Christianity can stand without tyranny as its ally. That Christianity is strong enough it can welcome those of other religions into its mist, and change the hearts and minds from within. Those who attack Masonry for doing this lack faith in the GAOTU, and in the words given in the last gift from god to man.

It is sad that Christianity has in its mist communist, tyrants, and ignorant fools. But it has, it is by default an organization consisting of men, so it will have all the failings of men.

I suggest those who find Masonry distasteful consider, many of our founding fathers were Masons, our founding documents show a remarkable reflection of Masonic history, and America is truly "the great Masonic Experiment".

And if this is not sufficient reason to cause you radical and immediate remorse of a significant magnitude to beg forgiveness from all who have been assaulted and offended.

And if it is not, I suggest you act on what your heart says, stop living the life of a hypocrite, and join those who are like minded in their attacks on Christianity and Masonry. In other words, go join your kind, they are known as Muslim terrorist, Nazi's, Stalin's community, worship Pol Pot, Mussolini, or any of the other great tyrants whose banner you now carry.

24. KSigMason

That is an excellent quote, and I am using it! :D

An experiment gone wrong too. I wish we could go back to our roots.

25. vladik

vladik New Member

masonry is dangerous as it is secret. They do not disclose their members' names and that means that in principle criminals and high- standing police officers or judges can easily be brethren with binding oaths and so on. I do believe that secret societies are 1) undemocratic by defenition and 2) the best incubators of corruption. This alone is potentially destructive for any country especially so when a country is in some sort of crisis. Do you agree with me?