+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 62

Thread: Potential Judging pool

  1. Default

    I would be more than happy to judge.
    Ezekiel 23:20

  2. Stand Taller and Look Better with the LUMOback Posture and Activity Coach. <LINK> Learn More Here! </LINK>

  3. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Think for myself View Post
    I would be more than happy to judge.
    Quote Originally Posted by teamosil View Post
    I'll submit my name too. Sounds like a great idea.
    Well we have two qualified judges from the left; where are the 18 others that will be from the 'other side'?

  4. #13
    usa us maryland
    Location: Catonsville, Maryland, USA
    Posts: 3,022

    Default

    I'm in. The only things I would put myself in for are taxes, military, gun rights, and some other stuff. Give me a notification if you will. Great idea.

  5. #14

    Default

    Just one per side is flawed. Not practical for most participants, if just for time and availability.

  6. #15

    Default

    Sure, why not.
    Civil debate is expected.
    Fair warning: trolling and personal attacks will get you nowhere, and I will report you
    .


  7. #16

    Default

    Gives me something to do. I'll submit my name.
    "Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it."- American Philosopher George Santayana

  8. #17

    Default

    I can't imagine many people picking me as the judge for their "side" but I'll throw my hat in the ring regardless.
    I'm starting a gang. Its main points of business will be theft and forcing people to join us. Once we have enough members we will stop using the words "gang" and "theft" and replace them with "country" and "taxation," respectively.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tomfoo13ry View Post
    I can't imagine many people picking me as the judge for their "side" but I'll throw my hat in the ring regardless.

    I don't know, I would support you. I think you are reasonable and would probably be willing to judge with an open mind.


    In fact I think Libertarians, Socialists, moderates, and independents would probably be better judges because they would be less inclined to immediate bias towards the Democrat or Republican in the debate. Of course that would depend on the topic, as there are some issues Libertarians and Socialists would be very biased towards, but others where I feel they would make good judges.


    I really think this is a decent idea, but the judging is going to be difficult. I think some bias is inevitable. If I for example were asked to judge a debate between Teamosil and any Republican at this forum, I would go into the thread with a bias towards Teamosil, and an expectation that he will almost certainly win before I ever hear the debate. That may not always be true for every poster on the left, but I think we all have posters whose posts we appreciate greatly and should probably avoid judging those posters in this style of debate.
    Im a Tarte, what! you want some of this!

    The essence of any utopianism is: Conjure an ideal that makes an impossible demand on reality, then announce that, until the demand is met in full, your ideal can't be fairly evaluated. Attribute any incidental successes to the halfway meeting of the demand, any failure to the halfway still to go.

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frodly View Post
    I don't know, I would support you. I think you are reasonable and would probably be willing to judge with an open mind.


    In fact I think Libertarians, Socialists, moderates, and independents would probably be better judges because they would be less inclined to immediate bias towards the Democrat or Republican in the debate. Of course that would depend on the topic, as there are some issues Libertarians and Socialists would be very biased towards, but others where I feel they would make good judges.


    I really think this is a decent idea, but the judging is going to be difficult. I think some bias is inevitable. If I for example were asked to judge a debate between Teamosil and any Republican at this forum, I would go into the thread with a bias towards Teamosil, and an expectation that he will almost certainly win before I ever hear the debate. That may not always be true for every poster on the left, but I think we all have posters whose posts we appreciate greatly and should probably avoid judging those posters in this style of debate.
    I disagree. Teamosil is, in my opinion, one of the best debaters on this entire forum, but I've come across some posters will roughly equivalent views that just can't stack up in ability (not that I'm great or anything). The fact that I will almost always agree with both posters certainly doesn't mean that this hypothetical second poster would win a debate with a conservative that ran circles around him/her.
    Forever Forward

  11. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I disagree. Teamosil is, in my opinion, one of the best debaters on this entire forum, but I've come across some posters will roughly equivalent views that just can't stack up in ability (not that I'm great or anything). The fact that I will almost always agree with both posters certainly doesn't mean that this hypothetical second poster would win a debate with a conservative that ran circles around him/her.
    He's a loser who runs away every time he can't get a mod to change the rules or run someone off the board when his BS collapses on his face.
    Grownups are tired of watching Obama rape their children and grandchildren. - me

    usdebateboard.com

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks