+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 62

Thread: Potential Judging pool

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frogger View Post
    Count me out.
    I second that notion.

  2. #32

    Default

    No way will I participate in this Sham. Who here has the right to ''Judge another Poster'' and why? I can only imagine the Taunting the ''Loser'' will receive,,,LOL
    Just look at some of the ''Gotcha'' posts and you will have an idea, and who are those ''Gotcha'' comments from? Why they are from SOME of the very people that want to be judges,,,HAHAHAHAAH What a JOKE! HAHAHAAHAHAH

    Secondly I would like to see all the other debates here that are having a ''Problem'' due to other posters. I have never had a problem with any debate I have ever had, none. This is a nothing more than a couple of show offs that feel ''They'' deserve their own private thread,,,Selfish Much?
    We have been told other posters may learn from this,,,LOL,,,How utterly arrogant and condescending can you get!!!! I wonder, has it crossed their egotistical little minds that those other posters do not care for how ''They Post''?, and that boring is NOT better,,,it's just boring...

    Put it where it belongs, it's a group, leave our other threads alone.

    This site has always been a open posting one, there is no reason to change that, however if a few posters want to have a private one on one they are welcome to form a group, and have many options open to them. This is where ''EXCLUSIVE'' posting belongs.
    Last edited by flounder; Jul 09 2011 at 01:47 PM.
    Infraction??, but he insulted me FIRST!!
    So report him.He reported you, we usually check reports first. Next time report him
    Oh, I will thanx...

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Agent Zero View Post
    I disagree. Teamosil is, in my opinion, one of the best debaters on this entire forum, but I've come across some posters will roughly equivalent views that just can't stack up in ability (not that I'm great or anything). The fact that I will almost always agree with both posters certainly doesn't mean that this hypothetical second poster would win a debate with a conservative that ran circles around him/her.
    ROFL!!!!!

    I do not want to be a judge. I would hardly enjoy debating the merits of a debate with Teamosil or most of the liberal trolls on this site.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ChestyPuller View Post
    Throw down your keyboards and prepare to be judged!

    I am the LAW! =)
    and the very reason I would not participate
    I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face. ~~ Obama

    Nancy Pelosi in 2006 Saying "I'm a Fan of Disruptors" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTamBfz0Efo

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    Please read this thread before issuing a pool entry request.


    Those interested in voting for member debates may make their intentions known here. Note that this is only a potential judging pool and this action may or may not occur as per decision of the moderation/advisor panel. In the meantime, your participation is encouraged and welcomed!
    Sounds like the start up of a band of bullies if you ask me! And you did!!!
    I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to them whether they are independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their face. ~~ Obama

    Nancy Pelosi in 2006 Saying "I'm a Fan of Disruptors" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTamBfz0Efo

  6. #36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kmisho View Post
    Potential judges should be tested on their ability to recognise fallacious arguments. That's one of the big problems with all internet debate.

    "He doesn't know when he's beaten, this boy. He doesn't know when he's winning either. He doesn't have any sort of sensory apparatus."

    http://www.fallacyfiles.org/examples.html
    That's a great argument. How can you judge if you don't have a clue what the discussion is all about. So we are left with those who are experts on any given subject, and no, having the right skin color or sexual persuasion or gender doesn't make anyone an expert.

    Some food for thought.
    How about letting two posters go head to head, and those of us sitting on the sidelines report only insults and such, basically calling for mod intervention, if needed.
    After X amount of posts, the thread will be closed, and the two posters come up with a poll to let us vote, all of us interested parties.
    No judge needed, or you could call all of us judges.
    Creates more interest for the average poster to read along, because I'm thinking that the posters who aren't actually involved with the subject, posters/judge, could care less about a discussion even taking place.

    Wag more, bark less

  7. #37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    Please read this thread before issuing a pool entry request.


    Those interested in voting for member debates may make their intentions known here. Note that this is only a potential judging pool and this action may or may not occur as per decision of the moderation/advisor panel. In the meantime, your participation is encouraged and welcomed!
    How much are you paying? Do we get payed in currency, infraction pardons, booze or brownies?

    Wag more, bark less

  8. #38

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Catch View Post
    Teamosil is one the forum's best. Has self-control that I quite obviously lack when dealing with idiots. Even AZ is more in control; and he's as young as 1984, I think.
    I dont think you get banned for having self control...LOL....then again perhaps that's just me...
    Infraction??, but he insulted me FIRST!!
    So report him.He reported you, we usually check reports first. Next time report him
    Oh, I will thanx...

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death Grip View Post
    ROFL!!!!!

    I do not want to be a judge. I would hardly enjoy debating the merits of a debate with Teamosil or most of the liberal trolls on this site.
    Then don't participate.
    Forever Forward

  10. #40
    usa us illinois
    Location: Joliet, IL
    Posts: 836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Out West View Post
    and the very reason I would not participate
    That was intended as a joke perhaps a sense of humor is in order.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks