+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 57

Thread: Austrian Economist, Robert Murphy on the Debt Ceiling

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    Of course there is no way to prove it because there is no sample size for Austrian economic based economies in the last century. Just like there is no way to prove what you are saying works. I at least can show a graph of reality, whereas you can't show me anything except links to some kook blog sites of people talking about how bad our current system is.

    All you guys do is critique the current system, yet you don't listen to any critiques of the alternative. There is a reason why you guys are not considered mainstream. Just like in the world of science, creationists are not seen as mainstream when it comes to evolution. So you can be part of the crazy minority that no one will ever listen to, or you can try to understand what the majority is saying.
    The 'crazy minority' like Schiff, Faber, Rogers...that accurately predicted (to varying extents) the housing collapse and economic collapse that followed.

    Have you seen the minutes released from the Fed meetings before the housing bust?

    Guys like Bernanke and Geithner did not have a clue what was coming. It's on the record.

    The two most powerful government economists presently in America had virtually no idea of the severity of the housing collapse as it began to unfold.

    http://www.politicalforum.com/econom...ng-2006-a.html


    And it is obvious why governments prefer Keynesian, big government spending to Austrian School, small government, fiscal frugality.

    Bigger governments means more money, more buraeucratic jobs and more power.

    Austrian School means less of all of the above.

    No wonder Washington loves Keynes.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 19 2012 at 01:47 AM.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    The 'crazy minority' like Schiff, Faber, Rogers...that accurately predicted (to varying extents) the housing collapse and economic collapse that followed.

    Have you seen the minutes released from the Fed meetings before the housing bust?

    Guys like Bernanke and Geithner did not have a clue what was coming. It's on the record.

    The two most powerful government economists presently in America had not a clue of the severity of the housing collapse as it began to unfold.


    And it is obvious why governments prefer Keynesian, big government spending to Austrian School, small government, fiscal frugality.

    Bigger governments means more money, more buraeucratic jobs and more power.

    Austrian School means less of all of the above.

    No wonder Washington loves Keynes.
    They predicted the housing bust. Please tell me what else they have predicted right. Because everything Peter Schiff said would happen after the housing collapse did the complete opposite. So he was actually wrong on more things than he was right. So please tell me everything they have said that was right other than the housing collapse. Thanks!

  3. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    They predicted the housing bust. Please tell me what else they have predicted right. Because everything Peter Schiff said would happen after the housing collapse did the complete opposite. So he was actually wrong on more things than he was right. So please tell me everything they have said that was right other than the housing collapse. Thanks!
    Everything?

    Lol.

    I don't even begin to have the time. Waaaaay too many to list.

    Just listen to Schiff's radio show and Marc Faber's and Jim Roger's blogs (they are both on twitter). They post almost daily.

    http://www.schiffradio.com/


    The bottom line is...these guys saw the obvious housing bust coming and the Keynesian government big shots missed it.

    In fact, a TON of Keynesian economists missed it.

    Almost all of them apparently.

    The largest, most obvious (that it was going to happen) economic collapse in America in half a century and almost every Keynesian big shot missed it.

    Yeah...they REALLY know their stuff...not.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 19 2012 at 02:09 AM.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Everything?

    Lol.

    I don't even begin to have the time. Waaaaay too many to list.

    Just listen to Schiff's radio show and Marc Faber's and Jim Roger's blogs (they are both on twitter). They post almost daily.

    http://www.schiffradio.com/


    The bottom line is...these guys saw the obvious housing bust coming and the Keynesian government big shots missed it.

    In fact, a TON of Keynesian economists missed it.

    Almost all of them apparently.
    So the only evidence you have of Austrian economics being more efficient than Keynesian economics is the recent housing bust? LOL!!!!

    And what's funny is this doesn't even have to deal with macroeconomics which Keynes focused more on. You guys predicted a bust in a single market! Great job, you guys obviously understand how the world works, lol!!

    You should see what Schiff said would happen after the housing bust. Everything he said would happen did the complete opposite. So being wrong on lots of things doesn't matter as long as you were right about 1 thing. Great philosophy!!
    Last edited by akphidelt2007; Feb 19 2012 at 02:20 AM.

  5. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    So the only evidence you have of Austrian economics being more efficient than Keynesian economics is the recent housing bust? LOL!!!!

    And what's funny is this doesn't even have to deal with macroeconomics which Keynes focused more on. You guys predicted a bust in a single market! Great job, you guys obviously understand how the world works, lol!!

    You should see what Schiff said would happen happen after the housing bust. Everything he said would happen did the complete opposite. So being wrong on lots of things doesn't matter as long as you were right about 1 thing. Great philosophy!!
    So you are saying that every single thing Peter Schiff said would happen after the housing bust did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE?

    Come on man...if you are going to continue to make these illogical, exaggerated statements, people are going to eventually stop taking you seriously.

    I sincerely suggest you learn exactitude.


    Listen to his radio show or go to YouTube and listen to his spots.

    Sure he makes mistakes. And he says a lot of right things as well.

    Personally, I trust Faber and Rogers more.

    Schiff sells gold/silver so naturally there is a biased there.


    Bye for now.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 19 2012 at 02:25 AM.

  6. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    So you are saying that every single thing Peter Schiff said would happen after the housing bust did the COMPLETE OPPOSITE?

    Come on man...if you are going to continue to make these silly, exaggerated statements, people are going to eventually stop taking you seriously.

    I seriously suggest you learn exactitude.

    Listen to his radio show or go to YouTube and listen to his spots.

    Sure he makes mistakes. And he says a lot of right things as well.

    Personally, I trust Faber and Rogers more.
    Lol! So since they said one thing right and you continue to make these silly, exaggerated statements, people are going to eventually stop taking you seriously. Oh wait... they already have, hahaha. You are in the minority in the world of economics, yet you seem like you have it all figured out.

    Schiff's main financial strategy after the housing collapse was to short the dollar. His theory was that people would scramble out of the dollar causing hyperinflation. He has predicted hyperinflation every year since 2007.

    His other theory was that people would park their money in foreign equity markets getting out of America. What happened? Foreign equity markets collapsed harder than America and people started funneling money back in to American Govt debt.

    The dollar actually became stronger after the crisis because people scrambled to get dollars by liquidating their assets. This was the complete opposite of what Schiff said would happen.

    His theory was that everyone would do what they could to get rid of their dollars and get away from America... when everyone did the complete opposite. People started saving USD like crazy and the world started parking their USD in Govt debt like never before causing yields on treasuries to be so low that they might even be outpaced by inflation.

    And the reason he got this wrong is because Austrian's have a fundamental misunderstanding of macroeconomics. So good job on getting one thing right!! You guys will go down in history as the smartest economic theory that no one in the entire world uses.
    Last edited by akphidelt2007; Feb 19 2012 at 02:28 AM.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    Lol! So since they said one thing right and you continue to make these silly, exaggerated statements, people are going to eventually stop taking you seriously. Oh wait... they already have, hahaha. You are in the minority in the world of economics, yet you seem like you have it all figured out.

    Schiff's main financial strategy after the housing collapse was to short the dollar. His theory was that people would scramble out of the dollar causing hyperinflation. He has predicted hyperinflation every year since 2007.

    His other theory was that people would park their money in foreign equity markets getting out of America. What happened? Foreign equity markets collapsed harder than America and people started funneling money back in to American Govt debt.

    The dollar actually became stronger after the crisis because people scrambled to get dollars by liquidating their assets. This was the complete opposite of what Schiff said would happen.

    His theory was that everyone would do what they could to get rid of their dollars and get away from America... when everyone did the complete opposite. People started saving USD like crazy and the world started parking their USD in Govt debt like never before causing yields on treasuries to be so low that they might even be outpaced by inflation.

    And the reason he got this wrong is because Austrian's have a fundamental misunderstanding of macroeconomics. So good job on getting one thing right!! You guys will go down in history as the smartest economic theory that no one in the entire world uses.
    Well, you are, as usual, wildly exaggerating.

    But that's for you two to debate. I suggest you call in to his radio show and give him a piece of your mind. Let us know when you do will you, as his radio shows are available for podcast?


    Btw - Schiff has pushed gold and silver more then anything else well before the crash.

    Care to compare how gold/silver have done since mid '07 compared to Spyders? Or the DOW? Or the CAC? Or the TSX?...


    Let me know when you have some new and accurate information to bring to this discussion.

    I have better things to do then to get in childish back-and-forths with Keynesians who indulge in inexactitudes and over-emotional (apparently) responses.


    Have a nice day.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 19 2012 at 11:36 AM.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by akphidelt2007 View Post
    Lol! So since they said one thing right and you continue to make these silly, exaggerated statements, people are going to eventually stop taking you seriously. Oh wait... they already have, hahaha. You are in the minority in the world of economics, yet you seem like you have it all figured out.

    Schiff's main financial strategy after the housing collapse was to short the dollar. His theory was that people would scramble out of the dollar causing hyperinflation. He has predicted hyperinflation every year since 2007.

    His other theory was that people would park their money in foreign equity markets getting out of America. What happened? Foreign equity markets collapsed harder than America and people started funneling money back in to American Govt debt.

    The dollar actually became stronger after the crisis because people scrambled to get dollars by liquidating their assets. This was the complete opposite of what Schiff said would happen.

    His theory was that everyone would do what they could to get rid of their dollars and get away from America... when everyone did the complete opposite. People started saving USD like crazy and the world started parking their USD in Govt debt like never before causing yields on treasuries to be so low that they might even be outpaced by inflation.

    And the reason he got this wrong is because Austrian's have a fundamental misunderstanding of macroeconomics. So good job on getting one thing right!! You guys will go down in history as the smartest economic theory that no one in the entire world uses.
    The dollar actually became stronger, aye? This post seems about par for the course for you.
    I find it to be near impossible for someone to have a valid perception of reality and maintain a clear and consistent preference of one political party over another.

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by freakonature View Post
    The dollar actually became stronger, aye? This post seems about par for the course for you.
    I really would strongly suggest that you stop responding... You are making a fool of yourself.


  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Well, you are, as usual, wildly exaggerating.

    But that's for you two to debate. I suggest you call in to his radio show and give him a piece of your mind. Let us know when you do will you, as his radio shows are available for podcast?


    Btw - Schiff has pushed gold and silver more then anything else well before the crash.

    Care to compare how gold/silver have done since mid '07 compared to Spyders? Or the DOW? Or the CAC? Or the TSX?...


    Let me know when you have some new and accurate information to bring to this discussion.

    I have better things to do then to get in childish back-and-forths with Keynesians who indulge in inexactitudes and over-emotional (apparently) responses.


    Have a nice day.

    I would like to add that for the record, I DO NOT agree 100% with what Peter Schiff says.

    He is arrogant and does get a bit carried away with doomsday scenarios.

    Plus, he sells primarily gold/silver and foreign stocks...so there is an obvious bias there.

    But his general assertions about the crash, the economy, the housing market, the government, fiat currencies, the future of precious metals and the general direction of Keynesian-based economies has been almost spot on, IMO.


    And, as always, I AM NO EXPERT.
    Last edited by DA60; Feb 19 2012 at 02:56 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks