"Gay Marriage Will Lead To Pedophiles Marrying Children", Says Conservative

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by Makedde, Aug 17, 2011.

?

What Will Same Sex Marriage Lead To?

1. Pedophiles marrying children

7.8%
  2. Polygamy

15.7%
  3. People marrying objects, such as their car, or a fence

2.0%
  4. It will lead to nothing at all

80.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

This silly woman is apparently an American, over here in Australia to push her nose in OUR business. It seems that the Christian Lobby here has somehow managed to get this woman to fly over from the States to preach some anti gay garbage to the ignorant masses in my country:

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/more-news/tony-abbott-joins-carbon-tax-rally-to-call-for-fresh-election/story-fn7x8me2-1226116277400

Even those opposed to gay marriage should be outraged. No one is going to allow pedophiles to marry children. All this stupid woman is doing is giving the Christian Lobby another reason to rant and rave and protest.
    Why on earth do we need an American here trying to tell us what we should and shouldn't do with our country? I don't even know who the hell she is.

Close to 70% of Australians support gay marriage, and a recent survery has even shown that nearly 50% of Christian priests believe gays should be allowed to marry. That certainly says something. It will legal in the country soon enough, and I assume the anti gay lobby know this, hence the reason for bringing over this woman in a desperate attempt to scare us.

Doug_yvr and (deleted member) like this.
  2. <IF> Marius

<IF> Marius New Member

I'd love to see a politician counter her directly by declaring that with this stance of hers she must therefore support lowering the legal and sexual age of consent to accommodate pre-pubescent children, since that's the only way that ridiculous slippery-slope fallacy of hers would even remotely begin to work.

3. JoanMiró

JoanMiró Banned

This is nothing new, Makedde.

American Conservatives are literally the scum of the Earth. In Africa, they imported a few of'm nutjobs to preach pure hatred of homosexuals. We all know the result: lynching.

This, again, is no suprise: Conservatives like all sort of lynchings.

4. Theodelite

Theodelite Member

Outrageous statements like this only serves to underscore the abysmal stupidity of these people. This kind of fear-mongering might sell well to the rabid right in the States , but here, not so much.

I wonder if Alan Jones will interview her. That kind of garbage might even turn some of his audience off.

5. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

She is absolutely right. When one sexual orientation is considered a "right" and equal to all sexual orientations then you can't legally and logically prohibit any orientation.

Orientation and attraction---basically means the same. It depends on the number of activists and their tenacity as to what is considered healthy and legal.

NAMBLA is an activist group in the works...waiting for that moment in time when it can get a foothold. As it is.....that group and groups like it work within the academic environment..promoting books and concepts that wouldn't be tolerated as yet in the "real world".

6. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

I'm not real sure if I believe your article, it seems like a real piece of (*)(*)(*)(*) journalism yet I knew I knew this name. Maybe she did maybe she didn't and the story is not real difinitive on what she exactly said. I know just a few days ago some media plus a lot of politicians jumped on Gov Perry saying a racsist comment when in fact the media outlet manipulated the words of Perry do make it sound like a racsist comment, even though expose for what it was how many will go on thinking that Gov Perry made the racsist comment?

7. injest

injest New Member

before I say anything about the idiocy this woman is spouting...isn't it a bit hypocritical to rail against an American telling Australians what to do in their own country when that's what you do here everyday? tell Americans how you think things should be in OUR country?

it's a complete red herring because the far Right realizes that the tide has turned and it is inevitable that gay marriage will become the law of the land...they are panicking and trying everything to try to stop it. They won't be successful...

Hummingbird and (deleted member) like this.
  8. injest

injest New Member

well already heteorsexuality is considered a 'right'...straight people have special status and special treatment so by your own statement, THAT would allow a straight man to marry a little girl..right?

9. kitsune17

kitsune17 New Member

While the Herald Sun isn't exactly a bastion of truthful reporting here in Oz, it has been picked up by other outlets, so this is hardly a storm in a teacup moment (unless I've interpreted you falsely, which is always possible! :fart:)

10. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

I know some make that case of judicial concern about Orientation Vs Attraction and the slippery slope but I find that using Pedophilism a rather extreme if not scare mongering tactic.

11. PatrickT

PatrickT Well-Known Member

No, it mostly sells to true believers on the left and the right, in the U.S. and in Australia.

I don't see a connection between gay marriage, or civil unions, and pedophiles marrying. That said, there is obviously a push by pedophiles to get their activities legalized and they have signficiant support on the left.

12. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

I've seen this lady give interviews and she is a part of the Heritage Foundation, a mainstream of conservative talking heads. I'm saying I never heard her make that argument but yet I'm no expert on this lady. I have no real stake in this one way or the other but sure would like to see or hear what she exactly said before I go condemning her. Yet I would agree that such statements and beliefs have been espouse by some lunatics on the anti gay marriage debate but as I said I would like to hear the entire converstation before I condemn her into a life in hell.

13. Kingofwow

Kingofwow New Member

Lets be somewhat honest here, who on the left is supporting or even entertaining the idea of normalizing or legalizing pedophiles? Now I'm hoping when the term pedophiles we are using the same terminology.

14. submarinepainter

submarinepainter Well-Known Member Past Donor

I am conservative and I approve of same sex marriages so I think you're wrong when you lump a bunch together and say something that is clearly untrue.

15. Yukon

Yukon Banned

Was it a REA Bagger who made the statement? I suspect it was. ("Gay Marriage Will Lead To Pedophiles Marrying Children", Says Conservative)

16. IrishLefty

IrishLefty New Member

Define "significant."

17. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Age of consent will be lowered to 15 Years old to give cover to NAMBLA & Gay Marrage advocates in a CYA kinda way .

18. speedingtime

speedingtime Banned at Members Request

Nothing like a good old slippery slope argument that don't have much sense to it.

19. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

Nothing wrong with lowering "Age of Consent" just ONE Year ...:date::puke:

20. speedingtime

speedingtime Banned at Members Request

Well, if that's what you want...

21. Gator Monroe

Gator Monroe Banned

No , its Illegal & Pedo inclined yey Gay Marrage & NAMBLA ADVOCATES DESIRE TO DO IT ANYHOO ...

22. CKW

CKW Well-Known Member

Throughout -history---we have had the ability to discriminate against sexual behaviors. Because they are not all equally beneficial to society and they do not all result in the same outcome.

Thus... hetersexual men do not have the right to marry little girls. Because we can discriminate.

23. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

Of course, most of the anti-gay (as we've seen in debates here) don't need solid/logical reasons to promote the evil they do; they're simply anti-gay people.

We don't need to try to figure out the madness anymore, just work/fight to ensure that homosexual people have the same freedoms and rights are everyone else.

24. Johnny-C

Johnny-C Well-Known Member

And we've also had the ability to get 'cancer'; does that make make it 'good'?

Man, you started-off NOT making sense. What in the hell are you trying to say?!

25. yguy

yguy Well-Known Member

Straight people aren't merely heterosexual, they're also not perverts; so a straight man would never want to marry a pre-pubescent girl.