Ron Paul beats Rick Perry and all others in official GOP polling of GOP voters

Discussion in 'Elections & Campaigns' started by Reason, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Reason

Reason Banned

"Ron Paul, the conservative congressman from Texas, beat the entire field of GOP presidential contenders in a poll conducted recently among "882 highly active Republican voters in Texas."

Read the full article @ LINK

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pChzOaIeyxY"]Ron Paul Ad - "The one who can beat Obama" - YouTube[/ame]

2. Smartmouthwoman

Smartmouthwoman Bless your heart Past Donor

From a poll done around the first of July?

Now that Perry's running, the results might be a little different.

You know, I don't dislike Ron Paul. If there was nobody else running in the GOP, I might even vote for him. But he's run for president and lost 5 times now. How long will y'all keep seeing the same thing happen over and over again, yet expect it to be different this time?

Paul's too old now. At least that's what was said about John McCain.

Afraid Paul doesn't have a chance... again. :(

3. LibertarianFTW

LibertarianFTW Well-Known Member

Although I agree that Rick Perry would see much better results now that's he's officially running, I have to disagree that Ron Paul doesn't have a shot. He's doing better than he's ever done in the polls, and is doing better than most candidates. Despite what the media says, Ron Paul is a frontrunner at this point. There seems to be a lot of movement for small government -- the Tea Party and the overwhelming Republican votes in 2010. Obama has shown that big government doesn't work, so people are tending to sway to the other side of the spectrum. They don't want another RINO like Bush -- they want a capitalist. Ron Paul has a perfect track record, unlike any of the other candidates. He is a viable candidate and he does have a shot at this election.

Thunderlips and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Smartmouthwoman

Well, I wish him well. Nobody I know thinks he has a snowball's chance in hell of winning... but they'd all prefer Paul to Obama if it came down to those choices.

He's not actually doing that well in national polls. I think the Rasmussen poll I saw this morning had him at 9%. Not very promising. :(

5. 9/11 was an inside job

9/11 was an inside job Well-Known Member

god help us all if Perry got elected.this is why.

Here is ALSO the reason why nobody should vote for Perry.

what else do you expect from a governor of TEXAS? He has gone on and admitted in his book that just like Bushwacker,he supports the death penalty so of course he is a clone of Bush jr whom Obama is a clone of continuing his policys and even expanding them.

He would be the next biggest fraud of a president next to Obozo if he got got elected.Dont be surprised if he does.He is the poster boy for the establishment and a member of that evil organization The Council On Foreign Relations.

our ONLY hope is if Ron Paul gets elected.the only candidate who is not a member of that group.

6. RiseAgainst

RiseAgainst Banned

Ross Perot 2.0

(*)(*)(*)(*).

7. Cyrus The Great

Cyrus The Great New Member

The truth is that Ron Paul can only when in polls like this because he has a small group of very enthusiastic supporters but socially he is not conservative enough for most republicans.

8. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Even though the poll was from July, you've got Texans preferring Ron Paul over Rick Perry, both Texans themselves. Maybe we should listen to the folks that know them best. I sure wouldn't discount it. Texas has 34 electoral votes, BTW, second only to California.

9. Smartmouthwoman

Um, Perry wasn't even running in July. But of course, y'all know that, right? :omg:

10. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

Oh, don't pretend he wasn't 'running'. He just hadn't announced yet. Besides, the question was put out there and was answered by Texans. 'Nuff said.

11. TheTaoOfBill

TheTaoOfBill Well-Known Member

To be fair this is a Texas poll. Ron Paul is from Texas.

However you would expect Perry to do better. Interesting poll. This might just be Ron Paul's year.

12. Smartmouthwoman

A month ago. Ask again today.

LOL, gotta give you guys one thing... you're loyal to Paul to the end. Nice to see folks worshipping somebody besides Obama for a change. ;)

13. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

I like Ron Paul because I worship the ideals this country was founded upon. Remember them? Things like individual liberty, etc?

14. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Heh, I want next year to be his year.:)

15. TheTaoOfBill

The founders were primitive in many ways. Backwards in others. The country they created in 1776 is not capable of surviving and prospering in modern times.

16. driller80545

driller80545 New Member

So the end of America has come. Turn the page. You even make it sound acceptable.
    As a contrast to your quote, I feel that America now is much more dense (primitive) and blatantly backwards. Almost no one votes anymore and most of the ones that do have no idea or care about who they are voting for. The tv says this is the one.
    America may not survive the present times because Americans no longer have the fire of freedom in their hearts. They talk a good line, but don't value their rights. Apathy was not an issue in 1776. It is the mainstream today. And this is what you get.
    Vote for America-the primitive and backwards one. Vote for Ron Paul and get the truth for a change.

17. Joe Six-pack

Joe Six-pack Banned

Paul got more than double Perry's straw poll votes in Iowa.

18. TheTaoOfBill

America has been changing and evolving for 200 years. Just the way the founders imagined it would. They never meant for it to remain the same exact system throughout the centuries. They entrusted future generations to be capable of designing their own government.

19. Smartmouthwoman

Paul did great in Iowa this year. In 2007, the top two winners in the Iowa straw poll were Romney & Huckabee and Paul came in 5th. John McCain came in 10th... out of 11. In hindsight, I'm sure the Republicans realize they picked the wrong guy. We'll have to wait and see if Iowa actually means anything in the final outcome this year.

20. Robodoon

Robodoon Banned

Well thats great, the people of Texas aren't falling for the evil establishment tricks.

But now Perry is trying to be Ron Paul, but Perry is nothing but a sell out stinking globalist.

He would sell his own mother for votes.

21. Robodoon

Robodoon Banned

Ron Paul will help us, Perry goes to Builderberg meetings, and promotes globalism which by definition means the end of the USA!

22. Bain

Bain New Member

Makes me laugh reading the Perry comments. He has not been in the race but a week. Every time a new Republican candidate comes out I hear the same crap from "you people". Give it some time and Perry will crash and burn like the rest of the shlums.

23. Robodoon

Robodoon Banned

Do you understand that we are fighting against globalism which is birthed from the powers our founding fathers fought against at our birth?

We are fighing the Rothschilds, the Royals and the Rockefellers and frineds who say they want most of us dead and a world that only serves them.

Perry is part of that evil network, Ron Paul is fighting against it.

If the elites win we are dead, and the ones left go into chains under UNITED NATIONS AGENDA 21!

Do you know about this? Some people call it the New World Order. Well Bush Sr did, when he announced it on our TV SETS. Do you remember that?

That is when I understood we where being double teamed. And I almost passed out. We are dealing with some very wicked people, and lying to the public is just good business to these evil folks.

24. Smartmouthwoman

Liberals are the enemy of our country... not conservatives. If you turn against Christian conservatives, might as well be prepared for another 4 years of destruction by Obama.

25. GoSlash27

GoSlash27 New Member

Of course, the Texas connection is enough to push him over the top. And these days "highly active" is disproportionally Paul supporters. Still, I'll take it. :mrgreen: