+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 302

Thread: Silver price watch

  1. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    thats exactly what collapsed markets in 2008...hedge funds were given margin calls and everything had to be liquidated and the banks became insolvent....still no QE 3 means a collpse to this phoney economy on life support....this is what I have been saying for 6 months now......no more QE and a spectacular collapse takes place.....well as you can see if money is not injected very soon that is precisely what is going to happen......this is an election year....do you really think Bernacke will allow such a collapse?
    As you stated before...no.

    There is already talk in Europe of ramping up bailout money.

    There is one thing (though I don't think it will apply in the end);
    if Perry gets the Republican nomination and ends up leading Obama in 2012 - Bernanke knows that Perry might give him the boot as Fed chairman in 2014(?) if he pulls another QE...which Perry seems none too fond of.

    I realize it's a long shot - but it seems about the only way that Bernanke will not do another QE, IMO.

    Of course, the other FED members finally wake ip and overrule him.

    Though that seems unlikely as well.
    Last edited by DA60; Sep 25 2011 at 12:37 PM.

  2. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    As you stated before...no.

    There is already talk in Europe of ramping up bailout money.

    There is one thing (though I don't think it will apply in the end);
    if Perry gets the Republican nomination and ends up leading Obama in 2012 - Bernanke knows that Perry might give him the boot as Fed chairman in 2014(?) if he pulls another QE...which Perry seems none too fond of.

    I realize it's a long shot - but it seems about the only way that Bernanke will not do another QE, IMO.

    Of course, the other FED members finally wake ip and overrule him.

    Though that seems unlikely as well.
    yes.....this is the hole the fed put itself in.......another round of QE is very unpopular and Bernacke wont get re-elected, however, no QE means a spectacular collapse....so which is worse? Choose your poison LOL

  3. Default

    Ok, double bottom right here.

  4. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MaxGeorgeDicksteinXXXI View Post
    Ok, double bottom right here.
    not just JP Morgan....I believe credit suisse is in bed with them too and so is deutche bank of germany!

    I have been watching the silver market since 2002 and I can tell you that these correction will come and go....in 2008 silver lost half its value from 20 dollars back down to 9 dollars.....so if you want to be in silver then better get used to it.....it wont go straight to 100 dollars!

  5. Default

    I think a lot of people saw a correction coming (lucky I sold my silver at BullionVault before the price nosedived), but I didn't expect it to be this severe and this sudden. The question now is how long will the correction last and how deep will it be?

    Clive Maund called it accurately and believes we won't see a bottom until $20, with the decline lasting possibly over a month.

    http://www.clivemaund.com/article.php?art_id=67

    Clive also mentions that we may see a bounce early on in the week, which we are seeing as I type ($26 to $29.33 and rising, literally within the space of 3 hours), but this will be temporary. Honestly, I have never seen anything like this, everybody is scratching their heads pondering on when to get back in.
    Last edited by TopCat; Sep 26 2011 at 01:50 AM.

  6. #26

    Default

    Silver is one of the most common bullion metals. you can find them anywere. Best part is it is also used in manufacturing as well as jewlrey. At $40 it is still cheap and has a lot of room to grow. Gold is also common and is getting harder to find because people are hoarding it. Platnum is the most rare investment metal, and IMO is the best one to buy now because gold is so over rated. Platnum is much rarer than gold, and was alwasy three times the price of gold when gold was down.

    Copper believe it or not is a great metal to invest in because it is used in manufacturing, and it is replacing a lot of other more expensive metals in technology and manfacturing as well as industry maufacturing.

  7. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    I think a lot of people saw a correction coming (lucky I sold my silver at BullionVault before the price nosedived),
    Congratulations.

  8. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DA60 View Post
    Congratulations.
    I still say my way is better.....there are taxes to pay when you sell and picking the bottom is very hard......I remember in 2008 when it bottomed around 9 dollars, many thought the bottom was 12 dollars it it stayed at the price for over one month! Its OK to sell if you are selling small amounts and getting cash for it, then perhaps you sneak around the taxes, but if you are selling 100 ounces or more then most likely they will pay by check.

    Just buy puts and pocket the money to buy more when it bounces back!

  9. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
    Honestly, I have never seen anything like this, everybody is scratching their heads pondering on when to get back in.
    then you don't remember the collapsing silver price in 2008....it was much worse than now!

  10. Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bacardi View Post
    and Picking The Bottom Is Very Hard......
    Yup!!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Bookmarks