Gallup: all GOP are now competitive with Obama

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 22, 2011.

1. Calminian

Calminian New Member

This is surprising for a few reasons. Usually if the primary contest is competitive, it doesn't get close in the general until there is a nomination. Then, people will break for a candidate that wasn't their first choice. I can't prove this, but have a feelings mormons aren't saying they'll vote for anyone else against Obama but Romney. Just a hunch. My guess is the Paulistinians are doing the same and some others as well. Indeed there may be an anti-Romney faction that's saying they won't vote for him.

But this just goes to show that it's truly over for Obama. If you have it tied among all the GOP frontrunners this early, it's pretty much a done deal. The real race is the GOP primary.

Obama in Close Race Against Romney, Perry, Bachmann, Paul

[​IMG]

2. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

Tea Party's Approval Rating Drops To New Low - New Gallup Poll

[​IMG]

John Boner approval rating: %28!

Watch out for *********s, they are going to sweep 2012 elections!

3. Calminian

Calminian New Member

That's very common also. Congressmen will always have low ratings. As low as Bush's were, congresses was always lower. Pelosi was always lower than Bush.

It's totally different. Tea Partiers aren't running for president. Just like liberals aren't. There are actually fewer liberal supporters that tea party supporters. In fact, Tea partiers as a group may have the most influence of any other.

Oranges and Apples. Sorry.

4. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

We are talking about the presidential election here.

The congress always has a low approval rating.

5. Consmike

Obama is toast.

6. 17thAndK

17thAndK New Member

In which everyone will self-destruct. 2012 is shaping up to be the end of the Republican Party that everyone thought 2008 would end up being.

7. drpepper

drpepper New Member

it's sad that you didn't read your own post:
    FAILURE!

8. Consmike

The problem is, Obama's economy is crap, and presidents don't get re-elected with above 7% Unemployment. Its said its going to be above 8% all of next year.

9. 17thAndK

17thAndK New Member

Unemployment was about 17% in 1936 when FDR was re-elected by a 61-39% margin. That things are continuing to improve may well be all that's needed for Obama to put a stake through the heart of whatever zombie-candidate the Republicans manage to nominate.

10. Consmike

FDR was the excption to what I just stated. However times were different.

Where do you see things improving? There is talk that we are about to enter another recession.

And why are you using such vile terms to talk about politics? a stake through the heart of the other candidate? What happened to the civility that Obama spoke about? I guess you don't listen to your dear leader.

11. Death Grip

Death Grip Banned

The congressional approval ratings are for hacks. Everyone always hates the other guys congressperson, but they keep their own most of the time. There will be a difference when the citizens clean out enough Democrats to take the senate and expand the house advantage for the Republicans.

Barack Obama is toast. Do not be surprised to see Hillary Clinton finally pop her head up... she has been in hiding.... to be the "Democratic Opposition" to Barack Obama. She will ride in on her "white horse".

12. 17thAndK

17thAndK New Member

Times are always different. If different times are enough to create exceptions to the rule, then the rule doesn't stand for very much.

Many places that I'm sure you never look. This is quite encouraging considering that most though not all of the stimulus effect from ARRA has melted away. The economy was dependent on that through all of 2009 and much of 2010, but seems capable of holding its own at this point.

Republicans have been stirring as much up for 2½ years. It's all part of their Rush-designed, America-betraying, I hope he fails! mantra.

Part of the "zombie-candidate" reference. I would have expected most people to get that.

It gets greeted with a slap in the face. That's Republicans for you. No class at all. Haven't had any since the party merged with Jerry Falwell.

Obama is President, not leader. I know that's a conceptually difficult thing for all you natural-born followers to grasp, but there really are people out here doing the scout and surveyor type work that needs to be done.

13. Eighty Deuce

Eighty Deuce New Member Past Donor

Whistling past the graveyard the Dems are ........... ;)

14. Travis Bickle

Travis Bickle Banned

I'm sorry, did you say there is a nationwide election for the house speaker?

I'm sorry, what?

I can't hear you very well over the sound of you defecating into your cereal bowl.

So anyway, the answer is no. Please, no need to thank me.

15. Talon

Talon Well-Known Member Past Donor

Impressive - your graph shows that 72% of adults are NOT Tea Party opponents. Were you trying to make a point?

One and Done:

[​IMG]