Biden :Says He Fully Understands China's One-Child Policy

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by GiveUsLibertyin2012, Aug 23, 2011.

1. GiveUsLibertyin2012

GiveUsLibertyin2012 New Member

Its one thing to say something wrong while campaigning ,but its downright stupid to gaffe on the World Stage ,especially when you are Vice President in a foreign country.But leave it up to Big Mouth Biden to again make himself look like the dolt that he really is.
    Biden Says He Fully Understands China's One-Child Policy
    http://townhall.com/tipsheet/elisabethmeinecke/2011/08/22/biden_says_he_fully_understands_chinas_one-child_policy

This may be Vice President Joe Biden's worst gaffe to date. The Washington Examiner's Tim Carney pointed this statement out on Twitter -- Biden was giving remarks in China about the relationship between China and the United States. In fact, in the following quote, he's answering a question asked about what the United States is going to do to get its debt under control. This is part of his answer (emphasis added):

"What we ended up doing is setting up a system whereby we did cut by $1.2 trillion upfront, the deficit over the next 10 years. And we set up a group of senators that have to come up with another $1.2 to $1.7 trillion in savings or automatically there will be cuts that go into effect in January to get those savings. So the savings will be accomplished. But as I was talking to some of your leaders, you share a similar concern here in China. You have no safety net. Your policy has been one which I fully understand -- I’m not second-guessing -- of one child per family. The result being that you’re in a position where one wage earner will be taking care of four retired people. Not sustainable."

Not quite sure what Biden meant by saying he understands a one-child policy imposed on people living in certain areas by their government. Especially since he goes on to admit it's created an economic problem. It's also forced abortions on many families. And abortions can leave not only the physical consequence of a lost life, but also emotional complications.

Maybe Biden hasn't taken the time to read about people like this man, who faced losing his job and a large enough fine that "his family would be destitute" because he and his wife were breaking the one-child policy.

Balancing your economy on the backs of a government-knows-best intrusion into your family is unsustainable. As the famous quote goes, "It is a poverty to decide that a child must die so that you may live as you wish."

And Biden doesn't 'second-guess' the policy?

............what a (*)(*)(*)(*)ing dumbass

2. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

My understand is that the American government condemns the one-child policy in China and makes regular complaints about it. Immigration judges grant political asylum to Chinese on the grounds that they want to have more than one child. Biden's gaffe will be misinterpreted as a major change in policy.

3. Defengar

Defengar New Member

Can you even begin to comprehend how (*)(*)(*)(*)ty it would be to live in america if the population was quadruple what it is today? Seriously, China has a population problem, and this is the only real solution. I don`t agree with its strictness in a lot of cases, but it really is the only way.

4. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

real fcking dumbasses are the ones who don't understand China's overpopulation problem. Earth resources are limited. try fitting 1.3B people on space smaller than USA!

5. Chariot

Chariot Banned

Did you know that if you placed every person in the world in Texas(Smaller than China with 5 times to people) the population density would like that of Tokyo(I don't give a d@mn if I spelled that wrong). There are plenty of resources in the world and if China would rely on other forms of energy other than oil they wouldn't have a problem in the first place.

6. celica

celica New Member Past Donor

WTF are you talking about? it is not just the land. It is the food, education, healthcare, roads, fuel, jobs... you want to put 7 billion people in Texas? What the heck are they going to eat?
    Oh my God, why am I even responding to this hysterical nonsense?

7. Montoya

Montoya Banned

No surprise from the pro-life wackos. China should just keep overpopulating simply because the religious nuts think the "bible" says its wrong.

8. Chariot

Chariot Banned

It warms my heart and gives me a sense of accomplishment when I'm insulted by a deranged leftist. Thank you for making my day. Anyway, You got 1 billion people there. I'm sure quite a few of them are farmers and fishermen, without this policy, there would probably be more of them. They are importing teachers from elsewhere. If they quit that, built their own colledges(again, I don't give a d@mn if I spell anything wrong) and trained they're own teachers and built more schools-this is China, there is no shortage of workers- that would solve the education problem. There is no shortage of workers to build roads. That nationalized healthcare is there own commie pinko fault therefore i don't care. Wind energy can be harnessed for fuel, they got more than enough windy hilltops and coastline to put windmills on. Every person in China can be put to work.

But, this is China we are talking about here. I don't care about it.

9. Lunchboxxy

Lunchboxxy Well-Known Member

What exactly are you trying to say? this is incoherent gibberish

10. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

Under the Dictator in Chief and the liberal's open border policy with Mexico and Central America we get to see what 1.3 billion people in the US will look like some day.

Libs are talking out of both sides of their mouth - again.

11. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Biden :Says He Fully Understands China's One-Child Policy

Biden thinks it means one kid eats free at the Chinese buffet.

_

12. Bender

Bender New Member

I understand it. But that doesn't mean I would support a similar policy here.

13. Consmike

Consmike New Member Past Donor

The problem isn't that China is overpopulated, its that too many people are living in the same cities and areas.

Gotta love how libs say they are about freedom, except when you want to have a family.

14. Roadvirus

Roadvirus Well-Known Member

Biden chokes on his foot yet again.

15. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

Don't call anyone a dumbass if you don't know anything about the one child policy. How do you think they got over a billion residents in the first place? The one child policy lead to overpopulation because China inhabited too many men.

16. Defengar

Defengar New Member

to many men equals cause of over population???!!

17. MissJonelyn

MissJonelyn New Member

No, the problem was that there was an over abundance of girls and female births before the one child policy. After the policy was implemented there was 120 boys for every 100 girls. The one child policy targeted female births. Not male.

18. Defengar

Defengar New Member

Yes, but that systematic picking of males over females is going to backfire in the the next couple generations.
    The way they are going about it is wrong, the reason they are doing it is not.

19. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

You could put every human alive today into an area the size of Texas and have the same number of people per square mile as in New York City.

That would leave the rest of the entire planet to support the world population. We haven't even begun to tap a 1/10 of our resources.

20. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

You make me laugh.

7 Billion people in Texas.

Rest of the world....empty.

Here is what we could do if we grew corn only:

http://fatknowledge.blogspot.com/2008/11/how-many-people-can-earth-support.html

21. Piscivorous

Piscivorous New Member

China's economy will collapse in two decades. They've been propping their economy up by building more than 20 "ghost cities" meant for 1 million citizens, but none have more than 30,000. This artificial construction boom will collapse their economy.

22. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

whats wrong with this policy with the exception of the gender requirement it should be applied in the US where people are taxed more for more children...

there is a danger of overpopulation that will lead to food and energy shortage china is leading the way with practical solutions.

23. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

What I love about Tea Partiers is that they simply cannot accept that any other nation could have any other legitimate concerns that they want to deal with their own way. It's the spectacle of Americana all the time.

It's like the Cold War never ended for these old farts.

24. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

Don't you understand the one child policy???

25. signcutter

signcutter New Member

Ok.. Biden is a tactless dumbass.. He talks first.. thinks later.. I dont see where he advocated the One child policy in China.. sounded like he was doing a bit of damage control.. "Biden Style" by stating that he was not questioning the way the Chinese handle their peons.