Ron Paul's racist ties - has he done enough to separate himself?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Calminian, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Ron Paul surging as serious candidate

But are we falling into a trap? This will never be covered by the mainstream media, unless of course (God forbid) Paul somehow managed to get the GOP nomination. Then it will be all you hear about. But hopefully this will help expose the real Ron Paul that I believe most conservatives don't know about.

A few years ago, Michael Medved put out this open letter to Ron Paul. To my knowledge, he's not responded.

Dear Congressman Paul:

Your Presidential campaign has drawn the enthusiastic support of an imposing collection of Neo-Nazis, White Supremacists, Holocaust Deniers, 9/11 "Truthers" and other paranoid and discredited conspiracists.

Do you welcome- or repudiate - the support of such factions?

More specifically, your columns have been featured for several years in the American Free Press -a publication of the nation's leading Holocaust Denier and anti-Semitic agitator, Willis Carto. His book club even recommends works that glorify the Nazi SS, and glowingly describe the "comforts and amenities" provided for inmates of Auschwitz.

Have your columns appeared in the American Free Press with your knowledge and approval?

As a Presidential candidate, will you now disassociate yourself, clearly and publicly, from the poisonous propaganda promoted in such publications?

As a guest on my syndicated radio show, you answered my questions directly and fearlessly.
    Will you now answer these pressing questions, and eliminate all associations between your campaign and some of the most loathsome fringe groups in American society?

Along with my listeners (and many of your own supporters), I eagerly await your response.

Respectfully, Michael Medved

This alone should scare any reasonable thinking conservative to death. Can you image the feel day the media would have with Paul running against the first minority president in US history? It would be a dream come true for them.

This from the source linked below:
    There is more. The Texas-based Lone Star Times October 25 publicly requested a response to questions about whether the Paul campaign would repudiate and reject a $500 donation from white supremacist Stormfront.org founder Don Black and end the Stormfront website fundraising for Paul. The Times article lit up the conservative blogosphere for the next week. Paul supporters packed internet comment boards alternately denouncing or excusing the charges. Most politicians are quick to distance themselves from such disreputable donations when they are discovered. Not Paul.
    Source

Are you starting to get what a nightmare a Paul candidacy would be? It gets worse:

For from this source:
    Racist ties exposed in the Times article go far beyond a single donation. Just below links to information about the "BOK KKK Ohio State Meeting", and the "BOK KKK Pennsylvania State Meeting", Stormfront.org website announced: "Ron Paul for President" and "Countdown to the 5th of November". The links take readers directly to a Ron Paul fundraising site from which they can click into the official Ron Paul 2008 donation page on the official campaign site. Like many white supremacists, Stormfront has ties to white prison gangs.
    Source

This info on this subject is unlimited.

Ron Paul Invites Neo-Confederate Witness to Testify in Congress

I realize that Paul will deny these ties, and claim ignorance, I suppose along the lines of Obama claiming he had no idea what reverend wright taught. But do you really think the media will cover for him like the did Obama??

From what I understand, racists have actually taken over some of his news letters from the 80's and 90's without his knowledge. Either the guy has a soft spot for racists, or he's a complete ignoramus. Either way, he's a nightmare for the GOP.

2. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

Yep, Paul's former chief of staff is a notorious neo-confederate.

Worse, Paul's own newsletter, which was published by him online, so he can't hide from it, has example after example of racist or at least bigotted statements about blacks. Paul's defense: he didn't really write his own newsletter.

Paul is unelectable -- so I hope he wins the GOP nomination. But he won't. Bachmann's got it in the bag. She's crazy enough and unscrupulous enough to say anything the Rightwing Noise Machine wants. Paul is just crazy, not unscrupulous.

3. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Well you started out good, anyway. But I can tell you there is still hope for Paul. The media is very nice to him at this point. No major stories about this stuff. Like you, they want him to win and are hoping he rises like a dark horse. Once nominated, they'll unleash the stories on a 24 hour cycle and destroy him.

I just wish conservatives know more about him.

4. Marcny

Marcny New Member

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=riQJtzPFD-E"]Ron Paul IS Change - 2012 Defense Budget Numbers - YouTube[/ame]

5. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Instead of deflecting the issue, why not have the guts to address it?

6. dudeman

dudeman New Member

Free speech is racist, comrade.

7. katsung47

katsung47 Banned

I agree Ron Paul is a controlled opposition. This is a covert totalitarian. The ruling class play the public with "democratic election". As a matter of fact, they manipulate everything.

They let someone play the opposition role, such like Ron Paul, Kucinich who are critical to the current government policy. But they will never be popular in mainstream media. Now most people know Ron Paul because of the Internet. Even though the Feds activate their strong internet troops to smear him and twist his opinion. You can see it from some posters here. They relat him to "notorious neo-confederate" and racist.

Though Ron Paul's opinion is very popular. He will never have a chance. His role is to show you that this is a "democratic election". "We have different opinion". But "that opinion is not supprted by public."

This is how the ruling class control this country. They rule the country by controlled intelligence and media. They select politicians through rigged election and justify the election result through the fake poll done by media.

8. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Total deflection of the issue. Typical of RP supporters. They think if they ignore it or deny it, it'll go away.

Reminds me of his communications director trying to explain why they were accepting donations from known racists.

Nice!

9. dudeman

dudeman New Member

100% of the black vote will go to Obama if they show up. Why pander, other than to your name-calling (i.e. racist) wuss suggestion? Why don't you go ask Oprah Winfrey for some air time?

10. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Note the responses so far. Instead of addressing and explaining RP's apparent tied to racist groups, they instead respond, "hey, blacks won't vote for him anyway."

Uh, nice. Not the brightest bunch. But a news flash. The vast majority of the whites in america hate racism also.

11. AbsoluteVoluntarist

AbsoluteVoluntarist New Member

Why should he respond to a smear merchant like Medved. I thought conservatives were supposed to oppose cynically playing the race card? Except, apparently, when they do it. Everything in the OP is pure guilt by association, i.e. "some racists like Ron Paul." So what? He can't help who support him and you jolly well know it. If he has to give a speech "disassociating" himself from them, why don't the other candidates have to give speeches disassociating themselves from bigots that want to bomb Muslims into oblivion. Oh wait, the ARE bigots that want to bomb Muslims into oblivion!

12. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

LMAO!!! BACHMANN??? yeah right.

it'll be Romney/Perry 2012 or bust.

The anarcho libertarians aren't as powerful as they think they are.

13. AbsoluteVoluntarist

If this hackneyed race-card/whisper-campaign trash is all Ron Paul's critics have he's doing pretty good.

Much better than, say, "progressive" Obama who has spent the past four years bombing innocent people in the Middle East, who has expanded Bush's policies of secrecy and centralization and violations of civil liberties, who claims the right to summarily assassinate American citizens in foreign countries, and who receives his contributions from big corporations and big banks.

And yet what worries you is a twenty-year-old politically incorrect newsletter! Please, anyone can smell the partisan hypocrisy from a hundred miles away.

Actually, polls consistently show he has as good or a better a chance of beating Obama as the other top tier candidates. But keep spinning it and trying to manufacture reality.

14. Landru Guide Us

Landru Guide Us Banned

You heard it here first: Bachmann knows how to play to the Rightwing Noise Machine. So she'll be nominated. The RNM will devour everybody else. Already got rid of Pawlenty. Huntsman's next. Romney is such a dope he can't win.

Paul is crazy but not unscrupulous, so his position on drugs dooms him with the authoritarian right.

15. dudeman

dudeman New Member

"Uh, nice. Not the brightest bunch. But a news flash. The vast majority of the whites in america hate racism also." Cal...

All whites are racist, all blacks are racist, all hispanics are racist, all asians are racist. Have you ever been to a large city?? Look at the local demographics. There is segregation within every city and county and neighborhood. Integration is a pure illusion at the macroscopic level. At the microscopic level, each race loathes and fears each other and lives apart. Again, if you don't believe me, go visit any large city in the northeast or west. There are packets of ethnic groups clustered throughout each city. Using racist labels is as primitive a tool to me as flicking boogies on the guy. Try again.

16. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

In direct response to the OP:

I clicked on the links to the Stormfront sight and there is no link to any Ron Paul site.

Rather than just some off hand comment smearing a speaker (Thomas DiLorenzo) at a Congressional hearing, here is a link to a summary of the testimony. Note when you click on the link, the attack was from the ranking DEMOCRAT on the sub-committee. http://www.thenewamerican.com/index...aring-begins-with-democratic-character-attack

If you go down to the bottom of the article, you will see this sentence.

"DiLorenzo concluded that "the history of the Fed is that it has created boom and bust cycles ever since it was created back in 1914."

If you click on the word 'concluded', you will download the video of the entire hearing. DiLorenzo's remarks begin at the 28 minute mark. It's actually a revealing hearing on the economy.

This whole thread is a red herring with no basis in substance.

17. Woogs

Woogs Well-Known Member

The last link in the OP takes you to the Southern Poverty Law Center site. As for the SPLC, its highest paid executives are all white. This speaks volumes about a group dedicated to exposing racism and that has the nerve to label 'hate groups'.

Here's a breakdown of their salaries.

Richard Cohen — President/CEO — $340,818
    Morris Dees — Founder and Chief Trial Counsel — $344,809
    Joseph Levin — Director and General Counsel — $184, 469
    Rhonda Brownstein — “Outgoing” Legal Dir.– $137,256 (-$29,942, Ouch!)
    Teenie Hutchinson — CFO — $156,623 (+$4,598!)
    Wendy Via — Development Director — $148,537 (+$11,244!)
    Mark Potok — Intelligence Director — $147,276 (+ $7,310!)
    Mary Bauer — Dir. Immigrant Justice — $258,669 (+$119,063!!)
    David Utter — Director — Miami — $137,256

Not shown are Michael Toohey, the SPLC’s COO, $225,765 (+$118,233!!!) and IT Chief Thomas Brinkman ($135,060). If anyone knows of a public photo of Mr. Toohey or Mr. Brinkman, please pass the info along to Watching the Watchdogs.

If you examine the photos closely, you may note a surprising coincidence: ALL of the SPLC’s highest paid executives are white.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Click this link for the photos and more info.... http://rkeefe57.wordpress.com/2011/02/06/splc-2011-forty-years-of-white-supremacy/

18. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

The GOP should make the point that it's obama and the left who are the racists since they support affirmative action, the govt mandated persecution of white people.

19. Speeders R Murderers

Speeders R Murderers Banned

Yup - whites want affirmative action to end.

20. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

Ya, maybe you get the memo, but the same bogus charges surfaced during the last election, and went no where. But hey, it's worth another try!

Not pathetic at all.

21. Calminian

Calminian New Member

Medved has actually been very charitable to RP. He's had Paul in his show and pointed out the good things he believes. He merely wanted to give Paul a chance distance himself from these racist and anti-semetic groups. Paul refuses to do so, and continues to take their money. As far as I know, he is also continuing to allow them to carry his articles. He's either somewhat sympathetic toward them, or just not too bright.

The fact that Paul is getting tarnished by this is not evidence in and of itself that he's being unfairly smeared. You assume this, because you're obsessed with him and think he can do no wrong. But you're not able to utter a single word in his defense except that he's being smeared. That's a cop out.

22. AbsoluteVoluntarist

The only cop out is your cop out in finding a relevant criticism. Do you scan the donors of every other candidate for wrongdoings? Do you scan the whole internet and every piece of published paper for where their writings show up? No, of course you don't. You only hold Paul up to this ridiculous, insane, lunatic, idiotic standard whereby he is supposed vet every one of his supporters. A word in his defense? No defense is needed against such inane accusations. Perhaps next you're going to accuse him of tearing a tag off a pillow.

If you're so upset with some racist donating to him (which we all know your not), why don't you just send the racist some of your own money to even it out? Spare me. You couldn't give less of a care about racism. You're only interest is trying to find some way to discredit a candidate you oppose. I hope you never complain about liberals trying to shut down debate by playing the race card, since that's what you're doing now. I guess so, since you consider the reprehensible Southern Poverty Law Center a trustworthy authority.

23. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

What has Ron Paul done or said that makes him a racist?

24. AbsoluteVoluntarist

He's run afoul of the defenders of the status quo, that's what.

25. Mac-7

Mac-7 Banned

I hope the Paul bashers can be more specific than that.

Because I've never heard anything racist from him.