Where did the Liberal Moral/Intellectual Superiority Complex Come From?

Discussion in 'Political Opinions & Beliefs' started by SiliconMagician, Aug 27, 2011.

1. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

I just wanted to post a few example threads from the PF here that show the stunning moral and intellectual superiority complex of the liberal mind. I'm trying for the life of me to figure out where it comes from? Because when one feels they have moral and intellectual superiority over another human being, they don't care about the "inferior" being's rights, liberties, happiness etc. and have no problem stripping such people of those rights, liberties or happiness.

Lets take a look here.

Going Godless: Secularism Makes People More Ethical

What Good Exists In The Right-Wing?

I'm tired of the condescending, patronizing attitude of liberals. I'm tired of having my entire moral/ethical mindset called into question and then dismissed as invalid and not even worthy of consideration.

I'm tired of being called evil, greedy, unethical, immoral, an pseudo elitist. It's constantly implied in post after post, that all human societal progress can only occur with left wing policies and social philosophy and any other philosophy that could be considered "Conservative" is completely, totally and whole inferior to Liberalism.

It's bull (*)(*)(*)(*). Liberals are not morally, ethically, or professionally superior to Conservatives in any way shape or form and I'd really like to know where it comes from. Is it that undeserved arrogance is a natural trait to the minds of those who seek out liberalism as an ideology?

Cons can have this complex too, but I don't see the sheer disdain and condescending attitude/vitriol that comes from the left coming from the right.

2. Iolo

Iolo Well-Known Member Past Donor

Surely all the evidence of all the sites on the internet indicates that most right-wingers never read anything except right-wing propaganda of the most fatuous kind, and are, by and large, incapable of arguing except on their own terms? It used to be generally agreed that education broadens the mind, and all the evidence suggests that people on the left or in the centre are much better educated, because they have to be able to think past the propaganda put out by the very rich, which the uneducated believe absolutely. I suppose these points seem to sensible people obvious, whereas to right wingers all politics except their own are fiendish plots. The general extreme-right takeover of the media makes the obvious seem extreme, I suppose, like sense in Nazi Germany.

fiddlerdave and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SiliconMagician

SiliconMagician Banned

How is that any different from your simpleton belief that a society of 310 million people are literally controlled in thier day to day activities by a small group of a few hundred mythical evil men known as "the rich"

I swear to listen to liberals talk "the rich" are completely omnipotent and omniscient creatures, ever present and always watching.

4. Iolo

Who finances your politicians - the poor? Why does your government have very rich people in it and have policies that reflect the interests of their companies? Who owns Fox - the poor? Come ON!

5. Libhater

Libhater Well-Known Member

Do you ever criticize the poor for being so useless and worthless anchors to the well being and societal/cultural progress of America? Somehow I don't see 'YOU' as being an inspirational force for the betterment of America and its people. Seems to me that you've parked your car in a dungeon way too long. Come up for some fresh air and a new and enlightened outlook on life. Stop siding with the losers in life, and learn how to become a winner in life.

6. shhs97

shhs97 New Member

The intellectual superiority complex comes from just about every university in the country. You see, once intelligent people study the issues, the most common findings support a more liberal agenda.

Yeah, its a conspiracy.

Iolo and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Beevee

Beevee Well-Known Member Past Donor

So you can do it but liberals must not.

Yes, I see what you are getting at. The same old crap from a 'conservative' mind.

8. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

Your are very correct, SiliconMagician.

An excellent example of how "intellectual and morally superior" liberals never seem to have the right answers are the failures of the Obama stimulus packages to successfully ignite the economy and bring us out of an economic recession!

And if Obama and his team are "brilliant", and Bush is an imbecile, how come the genius kept most of the things the dolt set in motion: the protocols for fighting the war against terror, the surge strategy, the timetables, and even, in Robert Gates and David Petraeus, some of his main appointees? Why couldn't the "genius" improve on the idiot's handiwork?

Also, there are many well-documented facts about why Obama's brilliant idea of simply "injecting" money into the economy has failed and these facts are very revealing.

"Removing water from one end of a swimming pool and pouring it in the other end will not raise the overall water level. Similarly, taking dollars from one part of the economy and distributing it to another part of the economy will not expand the economy."

"H. L. Mencken once wrote that "complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers." He may as well have been referring to the idea that Congress can foster economic growth simply by "injecting" money into the economy. Government stimulus spending is not a magic wand that creates jobs and income. Repeated failed attempts in America and abroad have shown that governments cannot spend their way out of recessions. Focusing on productivity growth builds a stronger economy over the long term--and leaves America better prepared to handle future economic downturns."

9. finnbow

finnbow New Member

Take the time to study a map of red vs. blue states and relative levels of education in them and the answer to your question seems pretty obvious. There are precious few world-class educational institutions in rock-solid red states. Why? Beats me.

Considering Gov. Perry wants to reduce the cost of a 4 year degree in Texas to $10K, he'll reduce the state's flagship university to being an online subsidiary of the University of Phoenix. Brilliant.

10. Panzerkampfwagen

Panzerkampfwagen New Member

LOL!

I'm sorry, but us liberals are constantly told by American right wing Christians that we're morally bankrupt without a belief in some faerie tale.

11. junius. fils

junius. fils New Member

Conservatives.

Compared to them, who ISN'T superior? They don't know what they're talking about. They don't understand (and probably haven't even read) their own theory. They refuse to learn from history. They refuse to accept facts if those "inconvenient truths" don't agree with their beliefs. When confronted with facts, they lie. If the lies don't work, they lie louder.

In general, they are a totally useless bunch only good for destroying things, corruption, hypocrisy, and vulgarity. They can't even come up with their own attacks. They steal liberal statements about facts and flip them around, ignoring reality. Disgusting people, basically.

fiddlerdave and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Iolo

No - the poor have been robbed by crooks, which is why you are ruled totally by the rich, obviously. I don't think there is any hope for the USA at all, actually.

13. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

This review was also a good example of how liberal programs advocated by the best "best and brightest" on the Left usually do not succeed!

"Indeed, President Obama's stimulus bill failed by its own standards. In a January 2009 report, White House economists predicted that the stimulus bill would create (not merely save) 3.3 million net jobs by 2010. Since then, 3.5 million more net jobs have been lost, pushing the unemployment rate above 10 percent.[1] The fact that government failed to spend its way to prosperity is not an isolated incident:

• During the 1930s, New Deal lawmakers doubled federal spending--yet unemployment remained above 20 percent until World War II.

• Japan responded to a 1990 recession by passing 10 stimulus spending bills over 8 years (building the largest national debt in the industrialized world)--yet its economy remained stagnant.

• In 2001, President Bush responded to a recession by "injecting" tax rebates into the economy. The economy did not respond until two years later, when tax rate reductions were implemented.

• In 2008, President Bush tried to head off the current recession with another round of tax rebates. The recession continued to worsen.

• Now, the most recent $787 billion stimulus bill was intended to keep the unemployment rate from exceeding 8 percent. In November, it topped 10 percent.[2]

Undeterred by these repeated stimulus failures, President Obama is calling for yet another stimulus bill.[3] There is every reason to expect another round to fail as miserably as the past ones, and it would bury the nation deeper in debt."

source: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703481004574646551469288292.html

14. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

You are correct, Iolo.

But this is because most liberal programs advocated by the "best and brightest" on the Left usually do not succeed!

[​IMG]

Lee Plaza Hotel
    Once one of the most luxurious residential hotels in Detroit, Lee Plaza closed in the 1990s.

This is what the liberal Democrats often do when they foolishly tax and spend and drive the middle class out of the central business districts of the urban cities.. America's Beautiful, Horrible Decline courtesy of the foolish, tax and spend and very misguided liberal Democrats!

http://www.time.com/time/photogaller...850982,00.html

15. liberalminority

liberalminority Well-Known Member

conservatives are evil because they don't want to their taxes to help welfare people.

their morals are not aligned with basic humanity

16. Bluespade

Bluespade Banned

This has to be the dumbest post today. Congrats.

17. hiimjered

hiimjered Well-Known Member Past Donor

Liberals are evil because they lie and claim that taxes will be used to help poor people when in reality those taxes will be used to buy votes and enact programs that keep the poor in poverty.

Subdermal and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Iolo

That's because the extreme-right control your media and the very rich control your political parties. The right are bound to help the poor, while the Democrats just (somehow) get their votes. Obvious, innit?

19. James Cessna

James Cessna New Member

You are very mistaken, "liberalminority".

Conservatives want their taxes to grow the economy. This creates new jobs so people on welfare can go back to work.

Conservatives want to “lift” the human spirit. Liberals just want to give people a free government handout! This policy only keeps these people beaten down and despondent because they know they are parasites who have produced nothing and contribute nothing at all to the rest of society.

[​IMG]

America's Beautiful, Horrible Decline courtesy of the foolish, tax and spend and very misguided liberal Democrats!

David Broderick Tower, one of Detroit's most prominent skyscrapers, this 35-story tower once housed the offices of many doctors, lawyers and dentists. It has been virtually empty since the 1980s. Developers had hoped to convert the building to residential units by 2010. High commercial real estate taxes imposed by the inner-city liberal Democrats prevented them from doing this. http://www.time.com/time/photogallery/0,29307,1882089_1850979,00.html#ixzz1HrntjTqO

20. Daybreaker

Daybreaker Well-Known Member

So you didn't read what you were just writing, then? :)

21. Daybreaker

Nah. They're just rich.

22. Daybreaker

I think it's unfair to say that's a conservative problem. You're describing republicans, who aren't conservative -- the democrats are way more conservative, in the true sense of the word, than republicans are. Republicans are just ... weird. I don't honestly know what the most accurate term for them would be, except ... weird.

23. armor99

armor99 New Member

Sadly.. you are looking for logic where no logic is to be found. I have often said this... and I still believe it. It is easy to be a liberal. There is not a lot of thinking or self examination required. So why do people in droves sign up? Because as long as you agree with whatever the "group thought" happens to be, then you are accepted and loved by the group. You are allowed to think of yourself as smarter and more intelligent than anyone else, because your group tells you that you are.

Sort of like when I was a little boy, and the other little boys in my neighborhood made up some sort of club that you wanted to be a member of. Were the little boys in this particular group really any better, smarter, faster, or cooler than anyone else? Of course not, but once you were a "member" you felt like you were.

There are lots of people out there that look to groups or other "external people" to validate them. There is no real sense of self achievement, or self accomplishment. So if joining this club called "liberal" gives that to them.... then that is what they will do. That is why when asked about their beliefs, so many liberals have a really hard time answering what those beliefs are. They have been "told" what those beliefs should be, but they have never really internalized why they belive it or not.

In a metaphorical way... it is like wearing a certain type of jeans, or having a certain hair style. You do it because other "cool" people (at least from your point of view) are doing it, not because you actually care for it one way or the other. And if someone asked you why you had your hair with a purple streak running through it.... you more than likely would not really know why you did it either!

Ask a liberal why they believe what they believe, and with uncommon regularity it will sound (word for word at times) what every other one would say. When you cannot explain how you feel in your own words, then they are probably not really "your" feelings either.

Subdermal and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Daybreaker

Have you ever actually asked a liberal why they believe what they believe?

25. JIMV

JIMV Well-Known Member Past Donor

It was self sustaining...have you ever been on a liberal forum? They are exercises in self esteem and congratulatory back sapping. Mutual support is the order of the day.

They claim brilliance, everyone else agrees, their owned media agrees and all discussion to the contrary is either never seen in their press or discounted as not 'credible' for, after all, it does not come from one of them.

It is why idiots like Joe Biden could pass as an intellectual for all those years when he is demonstrably dumber than dirt.

It is why Obama becomes a 'Constitutional scholar' despite the flaws in his views on the document demonstrated almost every day.

They spend a significant amount of time telling each other how brilliant they are and no time actually developing any real intellectual abilities.

It is one of the reasons why they do so poorly when confronted by actual dissenting views. No amount of self esteem overcomes in your face stupid.

Brewskier and (deleted member) like this.