Most American Muslims are satisfied Obama backers

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by DonGlock26, Aug 30, 2011.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26 New Member Past Donor

Most American Muslims are satisfied Obama backers

A majority of U.S. Muslims are content with the nation's direction in contrast to many Americans and few Muslims believe there is support for Islamic extremism here, a survey released on Tuesday found.

With the 10th anniversary of the al Qaeda attacks on New York and the Pentagon approaching, the Pew Research Center found that most Muslims felt ordinary Americans were friendly or neutral toward them.

In contrast to the majority of the general public dissatisfied with the nation's direction, 56 percent of the estimated 2.75 million American Muslims said they are satisfied, the survey showed. Seven out of 10 view President Barack Obama's tenure favourably.

"On a variety of measures, Muslims in America are very content with their own lives and with the communities where they live," Pew researcher Greg Smith said in an interview.

Four out of five Muslim Americans surveyed were satisfied with the way things are going in their lives and rated their communities very positively as places to live.

"We've seen Muslims move in a different direction than the rest of the country (with more) believing America is going in the right direction," Smith said.

http://in.reuters.com/article/2011/08/30/idINIndia-59043020110830

Of course, they are happy. They are continuing to establish a foothold in the New World courtesy of the Federal Gov't. It suits their religious beliefs.

_

2. Dispondent

Dispondent Well-Known Member Past Donor

That doesn't bode well for the all important AIPAC endorsement.

3. sec

sec Well-Known Member

this is great news. Maybe they should propose building a mosque within sight of the 9-11 tragedy................

4. Margot

Margot Account closed, not banned

I think most Americans realize that the vast majority of Muslims are not radical or any sort of threat.

5. Questerr

Questerr Banned

There's already a mosque there. Are we seriously going to have to debunk these bull(*)(*)(*)(*) talking points again?

6. MK7

MK7 Banned

Didn't Yes/No already start a similar thread to this?

7. BestViewedWithCable

BestViewedWithCable Well-Known Member

Is a delicious HAM sandwich, too much to ask?

8. Blackrook

Blackrook Banned

Obama has played a deceitful game of denying he is Muslim, but going to the Muslims and winking at them, like "Yes, I really am." He grew up in Indonesia, and attended a Muslim school. It doesn't matter that he says he's Christian, you never get away from what you were raised with.

9. Dispondent

I don't think that is the case, because as a whole, the so-called moderate or good Muslims have yet to take a stance against the Radicals that the majority of Americans need to see. There might be a few, but perhaps the media hasn't been productive enough to find them.

10. Brewskier

Brewskier Well-Known Member

No, the media trips over themselves trying to find Muslim groups that *say* they oppose terrorism. They like to throw those stories around shortly after an Islamic terror attack to keep the sleeping populace asleep to the facts.

Many of the so-called "moderates" secretly support what the jihadists are doing. They aren't willing to go and become martyrs themselves, but they are happy to let their more radical brothers and sisters do Islam's dirty work. As long as Islam is spreading, they don't care how.

11. Dispondent

I see, I was giving the other poster a chance, as that one often has some insight, relevant or not, that is different.

While I agree the hijacked Marxist form or liberal media we see today does indeed try to find people they think can support the overall cause, they utterly fail to find people the rest of America seems to want to see.

There is no such thing as moderate or independent these days, its a war, and the cost is America, what do we really want? A Marxist craphole or the country most of us grew up and loved??? That's what I see. Anyone who disagrees can feel free to reject my notions...

12. E_Pluribus_Venom

E_Pluribus_Venom Well-Known Member

...... they're able to keep their secrets from everyone but Brewskier. They'd better work on that.

I suppose, since minding your own business is apparently.