Freddy Denno

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Freddy Denno, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Freddy Denno

Freddy Denno Banned

I've been interesting in things of a political, religious, and scientific nature for a very long time. I'm self-conflicting in many ways; I love reading about anything that challenges the system, especially the work by Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Karl Marx, Leon Trotsky, etc., but at the same time have friends who are far to the right fiscally, supporting Ron Paul, the writings of Ayn Rand, etc. and can respect and even sympathize with their views as well. I can read work by Christopher Hitchens and Richard Dawkins that badmouth religion, then turn around and read and respect the Bible, Qur'an, or Talmud. I enjoy reading about science as a whole, especially the origins of the universe, ancient animals, and the origins of the human race. Stephen J. Gould is great. I love reading about Eastern Religion as well. I have friends who are mainstream Neo-Con Republican and Democrats, and respect their views too...sometimes I'll switch on Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, or Michael Savage for the heck of it, and don't mind it. One friend gave me a pro-Confederate book, and I have it right next to a biography about Lincoln that I own. I like both. I enjoy theological debates between Rabbinic Jews and Messianic Jews (Boteach vs. Brown, etc). I love it all...something about "big picture" discussions, in my opinion, set a person free.

I guess in many ways I see them all as fighting against some sort of great force, and as artists putting together something creative and interesting to read. To me, Chomsky is an artist. As is my favorite musician Bob Dylan, my favorite poet Allen Ginsberg, and my favorite performer (performance artist, though many call him a comedian), Andy Kaufman.

In school I was the comedy guy, and I embraced a certain form of "anarcho-comedy," if you will...no set structure, nothing to hold anyone down, nothing. Many kids in school decided to party all the time or become snobby and look down on others, but to me comedy was an art that sought to totally destroy that arrogant mindset.

That's who I am...glad to be here.

kuyajack and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Falena

Falena Cherry Bomb Staff Member Past Donor

Freddy Denno, you sound like a very interesting person.

Welcome to the forum.

3. Kranes56

Kranes56 Banned

Welcome nice to meet you.

4. Makedde

Makedde New Member Past Donor

Hello and welcome to the forum!

5. Shangrila

Shangrila staff Past Donor

Welcome. Enjoy the debates.